Options

Running Shoes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Trying getting a friend to video you running, have a look at your running style and use one fo the big brand sites like asics for advice on the best type of shoes.
  • Options
    To be honest I'm not sure I'd put too much stock in gait analysis, under/over proation, mm of cushioning, etc. Just find a pair of shoes that are comfortable!
  • Options
    > @Rob_Presca said:
    > To be honest I'm not sure I'd put too much stock in gait analysis, under/over proation, mm of cushioning, etc. Just find a pair of shoes that are comfortable!

+1

Crucially also make sure there is some space between toe and the front of the shoe. Lots of people buy the shoes that fit perfectly in the shop and then find them uncomfortable once feet swell; this is especially important on trails and longer runs.
  • Options
    Apologies for double post.

I should add that fit around the rest of the foot is also important, but most shoes these days have enough stretch to the upper to account for a modest amount of swelling. Adjusting lace tightness also helps. There is very little you can do if your toe is smashing into the front of the shoe on any sort of descent.
  • Options
    Asics Gel-Kayano 28 is the best
  • Options
    Hi all - again a new person to the forum so can't create a separate thread...

Does anyone have advice on road running shoes which are waterproof / water-resistant? I've been looking to get something for under £100 that aren't trail running shoes but will keep the water out if running in wet (not heavy rain) conditions. Those I've already got are okay but, in the rainy part of the UK I'm in, I end up with wet feet if I'm out for more than half an hour after it's been raining and then they're often still damp if I go out later in the day. Thanks for any advice and guidance! Really appreciate it.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Road running shoes are generally made to be cool and allow the feet to breathe, not good getting hot feet.   Of course this means that they usually get wet easily and some take days to dry out.

I know Asics Kayano do a Gore-Tex model but I doubt you'd pick up a pair for less than £100 even in a sale.

I would suggest you invest in two or three pairs of road shoes and then you can rotate them allowing the wet ones to dry out.
  • Options
    Hello all

Also new to the forums and can't post a new thread (is this normal, or is there a probationary period or something?)...

I'm interested in getting a pair of the fancy carbon shoes for race day - every little bit helps and all that. However, I overpronate according the a gait analysis. Should I avoid these type of shoes or will it not matter for a single race (marathon). For reference I run in Brooks Adrenaline GTS currently and have done for 3/4 years now (lots of pairs!)

thanks all