Running Shoes

ahmed11ahmed11 ✭✭
Can you help me find good running shoes as i am a beginner in running. I am having difficulties to find on.

Comments

• go to a shop where you can have your feet looked at, your gait analysed and proper advice given. Its not a simple thing. What works for me may not work for you.
  • Apologies for hijacking this thread, but as im new I can't create new post, I've not done any running for a number of years and trying to get back into it, I have a pair of Saucony Hurricane 15's....does anyone know what the latest 'version' of these are now?
  • In 2018: I have purchased 2 pairs of Nike Pegasus 35, a pair of Clifton 4, a pair of Nike Odyssey React and a pair of Nike Zoom Vomero 12. On my shoes to buy list are: Clifton 5 Flyknit and Pegasus 35 Turbo or Bondi 6 in the triple black. I mainly stick to black/white or all black colour schemes. 
  • Please visit runners need as they will analyse how ayou are running and recommend accordingly.dont go after brands or fancy colours, functionality matters
  • Sub17ParkRunSub17ParkRun ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The least amount of support you can get away with is better than going for running shoes that over correct. Stability/motion control shoes are solutions searching from a problem but end up creating more problems. The barefoot/minimalist shoe movement challenged the stability/motion control paradigm that dominated the past. Running shoe brands are now offering more running shoe options for consumers.

Real gait analysis are expensive and more accurate than stepping on a magic pad in a running store. Less support in running shoe is better than being over corrected by wrong shoes. They are not qualified in a running store and their free gait analysis are highly inaccurate. Coincidence the stores recommend the most expensive shoes to fix issues that do not exist. Corporate greed is behind stores pushing the most expensive shoes for most profit!
  • Hello guys! I am running on a treadmill 20k per week on average I have a pair of Saucony which is ok but I am planning on ivnesting on a new good pair of running shoes. Would you recommend Asics or Nike? I am between those 2

Thanks in advance :smiley:
  • Since starting running a year ago from scratch, basically c25k I have tried various brands of running shoes from Brooks, Asics & Saucony,
    I went to Up and Running the local running shop and they said I need a stability shoe as I was over pronating, any way 18 months later I am now doubting that advice a little bit.
    Has anyone else been incorrectly set up with stability running shoes when neutral would have been ok?