Snowdonia Marathon 2019

Entries open in 4 minutes, so time to start the new forum!

Comments

• 2 minutes to go and the Snowdonia Marathon website has just crashed :neutral: 

• Its working!

• I'm in!

• I'm in! Can't wait. This will be my 4th coaster. New Snodders-you are in for a treat! Best marathon in the world!
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Mc Hilly.

After a lot of pausing and site crashing and refreshing it does appear that I am in!

No facility to put the name to go on our bib so T Rex won't be on mine.
  • After much panic... page refreshing and industrial language.. I'm in. I noticed it was full at about 7:20
  • Wow - 20 minutes to full, that was quick...… For anyone who didn't make it, don't panic! past experience is that it's always been possible to get transfer places nearer the time
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    No 'ticket' emailed yet, though.
  • And I'm not in......Yet. 
    If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    20 minutes?  That's a record.
  • Lots of angry people on Facebook. My page froze.. I then got confirmation on the Web page. Same as you T rex though I haven't had anything via email to confirm. 
  • Phew, the annual bunfight successful again:) If you go to the etchrock site and click on your name, it will tell you if you have a place. I haven't had an email but it shows my entry on the site.
  • Thanks for launching the 2019 thread McHilly.

Sat there at 7.00am, card at the ready, then the website went down! The panic was, thankfully, short lived and managed to bag a place without too much hassle. Be nice if there was a pre entry window for all the regular supporters of the race - it would help with the blood pressure! The email confirmation was hiding in the junk folder so they have been sent. 

• I've decided not to enter the best marathon in the country next year.
    I fancy a crack at an ultra which is the week before SNOD...might be a bit hurty to do an Ultra and Snowdonia in the space of a week.

Good luck everyone (getting an entry & in the race) I'll be keeping an eye on the forum page & will be back soon.
  • Only just remembered to log on to enter but missed a place by 9 hours. Never sold out this fast has it?

Theres always dozens of places swapping hands later so not too worried
  • So training starts today, well for Manchester in April.

And all good plans start with a rest day.....

Though I was beasted this morning at xfit. Muscles are still shaking and I finished at 7am!
    If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Will wait and see about SNoD 2019. Did recce for L100 in Nov and failed to finish! Think SNOD was still in my legs. Anyway joined gym now on programme to strengthen my legs. Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful blessed Christmas.