Options

A thousand miles in 2021?

Comments

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Inspirational thread; gets better every week!

Thanks to everyone for all the house-move comments and the 'get-wells'. Much appreciated.
    Thought we'd check in with our doctor today, as we completed our registration last week. When we eventually got through to the queue there were 19 people ahead of us!!! Half hour later it was our turn; Today's slots are all taken. Please phone again tomorrow! Loving this place already!

Cal... Sorry that you are still out. Get well soon!
    Harmander... Looking good! Great that all your runs are converted into Marathon results!!
    Dubai... Great streaking, even through the 'bug' period. Congrats on passing 500'!!
    Hobie... Great pics..Great running; almost 500'!  Have you reached France yet?
    LTT... Hope your ankle is behaving. I have to give mine special attention!
    TT...Bangkok to Saigon must have been some adventure, by bike!? (I've been on some roads in that area.)
    Donnie...Well done on passing 300'!  (Well inside 3 months.)

Hope that I can join in very soon. Seeing a physio later today. Happy running, everyone.

• Options
    Thank LTT, senidM, MrM2, in fact all of you guys.

Have started to feel stronger and yesterday I started to jog 7 minutes and increase the cadence for the other 3 minutes - this resulted in a 13.01 miles in 2 hours and 26 minutes (a 5:54 marathon pace).

I was able to do another 4.20 miles before Court today.

YTD = 153.38 miles
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Harmander those miles are beginning to stack up, fabulous.

MrMr2 the roads were 'interesting', we were on hybrid mountain bikes, more a gravel bike but not really! I was very impressed by the amount people could carry on a moped. Hopefully you have managed to obtain an appointment today? How was the physio?

Pushed myself out of the door, did 45 mins (plus WU and WD) and managed four seconds a mile quicker than MP, really pleased.

YTD: 374.20
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Mr MM: glad the house move went relatively well. Hope you're running again soon. 

LTT: an event, steady on... My first will probably be the delayed Boston UK marathon which is now spring Bank Holiday weekend. After that I've got my eye on the Newark HM in early August. 

10.7 last night and 5.0 tonight. Suffered a bit tonight after a big effort yesterday. Happy with my times. 

Ytd: 328.5
  • Options
    Runstreak day 84

23.3 3.15
    24.3 10.04

YTD 534.49 miles

• Options
    Runstreak day 85

Only 3.79 miles but a beautiful morning and our first 40 degree day of the year, so G&Ts in the pool this afternoon.

YTD 538.28 miles

• Options
    Dubai Runner, Well done sir - they say streaks are both prestigious and a curse.  One feels great while they are going but when the going gets tough, it seems one is too afraid of breaking it.  I think one of the London Marathon Ever Presents said that.  I am facing the same dilemma with my London Marathon and Great North Run double streak - 36 years and counting.  I think they are allowing the Virtuals to be counted as the matter is outside our control.

23/03 - 4.20
    24/03 - 4.20
    25/03 - 4.20

(12.60)

YTD = 165.98 miles
  • Options
    Thanks Harmander, and I'd say your streak is continuing as it is beyond your control.

Runstreak day 86, 7.52 miles, was a toasty 33 degrees at 8am.

YTD 545.8 miles

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Wow DR 33 degrees, no wonder you are on GandTs by the pool. 

Harmander I agree with DR definitely a continuing streak. Donnie I hope Boston UK goes ahead. Will be good to be back racing. 

Prog run this morning, 10 min intervals starting at 845-855 down to 755-805, plus WU and WD. Wind every which way I ran.

YTD: 385.65
  • Options
    Couple more to chip in; 4.7 recovery Tuesday and 4.7 mile tempo today. Nonchalantly had my second covid jab this Wednesday (first was fine) and knocked the stuffing out of me, but only for a day.

YTD =261.6

Will try and do a decent one Sunday.
    Race is an SVN distance event, would be nice to bag a decent 18 or thereabouts.  Some fantastic runners there (not me).

Great running all have a nice weekend.

Managed to book the last cottage in Cornwall, so at least I've got some coast path running to look forward to also Hobie! must get some trail shoes.

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I've done a very Mr MM run tonight. I've a regular 5 mile loop which I did 3 times. Passed my garden gate at the end of each so grabbed a drink and reset my watch. Probably resting for between one to two minutes. Times for the loops: 40.50, 40.41 and 40.32. Shoes still feel to small so feet, well right foot, sore by the end, legs generally a bit tired but stamina held up really well. 

Ytd: 343.5
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie2 that sounds like a good run. LTT when are you off to Cornwall??

Club runs start on Tuesday, so excited. 

First jab yesterday, very slow run this morning, but I think that was the wind and the prog run yesterday.

YTD: 392.44
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone.
    Still 'just looking' but feeling much more comfortable. Going 'pill-free' today to find out what I really feel like. And I could be tempted to do a trial outing this week-end.(?)

Cal... still missing your contributions. Hope you are not too 'down'. Get well soon. Did you see any of the Olympic, Marathon qualifying yesterday, in Kew Gardens? Your Clapham lady was one of the few star performances! I'd love to be running there.
    Harmander... Good to see you getting stronger! All the best for continuing those great streaks!
    TT... You must be pleased with your running; great to run at 'better than Marathon pace' and to put together a good prog. session. I remember waiting for a bus in Phnom Penh, and being amazed that whole families seemed to 'fit' on one moped! The drive to Sihanoukville was 'white-knuckle' stuff. Bangkok was more 'orderly' but so busy!!
    Donnie...Your running's in a good place at the moment. Hope the shoes settle. Great set of loop times!
    Dubai... Impressive streaking! Hard to imagine 40C!  We were down to +3 overnight and there's a +1 forecast in the next few days. Daytime temps are just about in double figures, and there's a 20+ forecast for next week!

Clocks going forward tonight! Happy running everyone.

• Options
    MrM2 and Cal hope you’re both running again soon.

Runstreak day 87, barely 1.62 miles and a collapse in the pool. First of my wife’s 50th birthday parties last night. Who knew drinking Martinis, Champagne and eating seafood till 3 in the morning isn’t great prep for a run.

YTD 547.42 miles

• Options
    Runstreak day 88

6.81 miles

YTD 554.23 miles

• Options
    LTT, best feeling in the world when you get new trail shoes muddy.🤣.
    Donnie, good stuff with the garden gate run...it's a great way to do longer runs...no need to carry stuff and facilities are clean and fresh smelling.
    Not a great week for me, very bad week in work and I just wasn't feeling like getting out, but the runs I did certainly helped my head.
    504 miles YTD 
    43,211 ft elevation YTD
  • Options
    Nearly 400 TT
    Donnie, fancy pacing?
    LTT - SVN are all good runs, Say hi to Traviss from me.
    Cal, hope you are feeling better.
    MrM2, yes, some people got caught out by the clocks this morning - me included - until SWMBO started ranting at (I mean reminded) me.
    Dubai, well done, keep it up (something else I have heard said to men)

26/03 - 5.64
    27/03 - 5.64
    28/03 - 8.87

(20.14)

YTD = 186.12 miles

• Options
    Congrats on the 500 Hobie
  • Options
    Another trail half today, windy but pleasant. Scary run in with a German Shepherd, otherwise fine!   

YTD=274.7

That's a great run Donnie,  I often run house loops too! mine is 4.3 miles.

Hi TT, I'm off to Cornwall in July (hopefully!)  Hopefully will get a decent run or two in while there.

Glad to hear you're improving MrM2, get well soon.

That's an amazing streak Dubairunner!  I did a 10k race after a friend's birthday, only did it once!

Really hope things are improving Cal, if you pass by.

Glad you got out Hobie.  I've never owned a pair of trail shoes, any suggestions?  Made the shift from road to trail and much prefer it for many reasons.

Hi Harmander!  I'm fortunate that I live just down the road from a few of the SVN venues.  They are such a friendly bunch, and some incredible runners.  Glad you're still improving and logging the miles!

• Options
    LTT, when it comes to recommending trail shoes a lot depends on what you're planning to run and when. I've run a couple of ultras in monsoon rain and mud in Inov8 Roklites, one of these had 15 miles of road and it was ok, dry trails can be done in road shoes. I've run in inov8 most of the time but have Scott Ultra RC which have loads of grip.
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Managed 5.9 on Saturday night. Wasn't moving to freely after the efforts of the 15 the previous day. 

Harmander: never done any pacing but over the years I've run a huge amount on a treadmill which I think does help me judge speed accurately. Given your in London and I'm in South Yorkshire I might struggle to help you with your events, but never hesitate to ask. 

Shoes!! After years in Nike, I've mentioned the current now newish pair feel a bit tight. Just bought a pair of Asics nimbus. Let's see how they go. 

Ytd: 349.4
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Harmander well done on those miles, you will soon catch us all up. Hobie hopefully you are having a better week?

MrMr2 did that run happen?

Donnie2 I hope you find that perfect shoe, good thing sports shops are open two weeks today 👍

LTT here's to Cornwall, fingers crossed.

Back in the garage, looking forward to this heatwave everyone is talking about!

YTD: 401.55
  • Options
    LTT - I prefer the old 177 route at Gravesend Cyclopark because it is all on tarmac and the showers are among the best - it is the nearest to me too (I live in North East London.
    Donnie2, I pace all over including the GNR, so you could offer your services to the local pacing organisers - very rewarding endeavour I find when you see what you have achieved for others.
    TT - just a 4.20 mile this morning but I have been asked to help out later today given the easing of the lockdown.  Given what I have just been through, I think I will be happy with the 1000 this year.

YTD = 190.32 miles

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for asking TT. It happened this afternoon. Two hours later I feel I might have put myself back a month! The slow three miles was sort of OK, although, by the end I knew I'd probably overdone it. Now I'm back to hobbling. Not what I wanted after seven weeks! Congrats on passing 400'!!
  • Options
    Sunny, calm...and sadly rammed with tourists. So a lot of running down the middle to avoid them.
    6 miles at lunchtime including up and down a sodding great hill...loved it.
    510 miles YTD 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    If you've got 5minutes...check out the 8 x 5k splits of Steph Davis' marathon qualifier at the week-end. (See News article at top of RW page.) I reckon her average was 17:28, and it was never more than about 10 secs either way.
    Amazing!
  • Options
    This miles are simply cut with the help of the different attempts to be here!
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 I had a look, in awe! Those splits are so consistent. How are you feeling??

Hobie we are avoiding the coast this weekend, went out on the bike yesterday, masses of cyclists, runners and walkers, not surprised, we were doing the same.

Harmander hopefully that 1000 will happen. 

Out with the club last night, loads of people turned up, quite challenging to talk to people after so long. Running was ace! 

YTD: 409.20
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    5 after work - steady away but the effort of the '15' last Friday still present. 

Enjoy the good weather everyone before the cold of the weekend.

YTD: 354.4
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Slow, short, warm up on the TM before a virtual bike class. 

Donnie are you on target with marathon training?

YTD: 411.55