Options

A thousand miles in 2021?

Comments

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    5.0 making 666.0. Seems a rather ominous number! 
  • Options
    Runstreak day 169

16.6 3.11
    17.6 6.21 

YTD 959.5 miles

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Nearly 1000 Hobie!

I fecked up with the physio unfortunately - I went to number 45 instead of number 54 (he's just moved) so I've had to reschedule for next week. Silly me.

I did manage 6 miles this morning though - slow but steady. Rather enjoyed the rain. It's been hot.

YTD: 471
  • Options
    Thanks TT
    don't lose faith Cal,
    I visited the osteopath on Wednesday to rid my little twingein the back - might go once more next week
    Dubai 
    aiming for 2000 with the streak? 
    Hobie 1495, you too?

12/06 - 4.20
    13/06 - 5.64
    14/06 - 8.82 (two sessions - before and after Court) - so hot
    15/06 - 4.20
    16/06 - 5.63
    17/06 - 5.63

(34.12)

YTD = 657.14 miles

• Options
    Runstreak day 170

5.09 miles

YTD 964.59 miles

Harmander hoping to get 2021 this year, will be able to increase distance after the summer 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal how are you? You seem to be struggling with one niggle after another.

On our treadmill this morning, not as bad as I thought. Foot balance is actually better than before I fractured my pubic rami. Walk run intervals. 

YTD: 502.2!!!! Still on track for that 1000.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander...Steadily adding the miles with your consecutive runs!
    Dubai...Also piling on the miles, passing 170 days!
    Cal... We still seem to be in similar situations; I'm trying to convince myself that I'm all clear to run but a little niggle in the groin is causing me to doubt! 
    TT... You seem to be making steady progress. Hope it continues.

Ran with my Ch.Norton daughter Thursday morning. She introduced me to some 'new' pathways, across fields, and some nettle patches that I hadn't encountered before!! Then, ran 4 miles (all on proper paths) this morning. Disappointed with the pace but happy to be out running again. (Today's undulating run averaged 10:53/mile)

YTD 348' . 
  • Options
    Runstreak Day 171

4.48 miles and then 3.96 miles

YTD 973.03 miles

• Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Would like to think 2000 is doable but we'll have to see.

Busy day of sailing today but managed a bit of a shuffle part of the way home.

981 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    We are indeed in the same boat, MrM2 - the small victories are worth celebrating, though. My pace is well below what I have been capable of, too, but I have to hope it'll come back. (I also need to drop a few pounds but that isn't easy when I have lots of birthday goodies left to eat...)
    10 miles today and it was so much nicer running in the cool. I did a two prison run (Brixton and Wandsworth) and explored a few new roads as well, including an estate I found, randomly, that had some roads named after 80s athletes Daley Thompson, Bev Callender and Keith Connor. I pushed the pace a little for the last two miles and managed a couple of sub-10s. Knee and groin were a little niggly but I could manage.
    Passed the house where the young man got shot on Thursday - lots of flowers and candles left outside. Yesterday the garden was full of forensics people combing through bins. Hope they catch the shooter.
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Two days off. Played cricket Thursday night and watched the football Friday. Has to be said, the evening cricket was my first league game in a while, the standard seems to have improved somewhat. 

8.3 on Saturday, possibly the effects of the cricket but my legs had ceased up! 

Ytd: 674.3
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal well done on the 10 miles. MrMr2 I find nettle patches! Like you and Cal I am much slower, hoping that I will speed up, but I will take the fact I am back running as a massive positive. 

Hobie I have to ask, do you sail a Hobie??? 

In the garage on the TM, I feel I am writing what I wrote in January! Walk/run but over four miles of running. 

YTD: 508.21
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    5 miles on Sunday evening. Was going well, paused my watch to cross a busy junction, muddled the buttons up and inadvertently reset it. Doh.... 

Ytd: 679.3
  • Options
    Hi folks lapsed again, nice running everyone!

Runs to report:  All trail.  Back still terrible, seeing physio and hopefully doctor later.

June 10: 4 mile.

June 13: 16 mile.

June 15: 6.22 mile.

June 17: 5.44 mile.

June 20: 13.53 mile.

YTD=499.5.

Annoying when that happens Donnie!
    Sounds like you're improving still TT.
    Great running Hobie, huge mileage.
    Awesome streaking Dubai runner.
    Nice sociable run MrM2.
    Hope back is on the mend Harmander.  I have equal numbers of people telling me I must visit a chiropractor, physiotherapist, doctor and osteopath, and am fairly confused now,
    Great running Cal, sure you'll be speedy again soon.

Have a great week all.

• Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Ha, I used to race a Hobie yeah...I've had a 16, 18, Tiger F18...now race a Nacra Infusion F18. Sailing was great this weekend, windier day on Sunday gave us more power so we won.🤣
    Back to running, well done LTT, nudging 500.
    Donnie, we've all done that...rookie error.😁.
    7 mile lunch run today, warm but with a nice breeze.
    990 miles YTD 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    I have fond memories of sailing Hobies! 

LTT well done, nearly 500. I stick with my physio, he tells me when I need to see someone else, I find with running niggles most medics don't have much experience (and that is not a criticism, just that it is not something they deal with often). 

Donnie been there, done that........

Back on the treadmill.

YTD: 513.62
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Great to see so much going on!!!
    Dubai...must be closing in on your first 1000' for the year!
    Hobie...you must have some 'invigorating'(scary) moments with sailing in your local waters! I've never ventured out of Christchurch harbour; sailing Mirrors with the children. (Very tame) You must be over the 1000' now?
    Cal... Ten miles sounds good. And sub-10 sounds even better. Think my legs have forgotten what sub-10 means! Cadence is pathetic! Must be time for your Physio soon? Hope all goes well.
    TT... keep up the good work. You must be pleased with your progress.
    LTT... Still mixing up the distances; 16' sounds useful. Well done on your 500'.

Managed a 10km over the week-end (approx. 11 min/mile pace. ) Yesterday I had a route in mind but took a wrong turn which took me up a muddy/overgrown farm track! Finished up 'running' 8 miles but there was quite a lot of 'plodding'! Some of the roadside paths were totally overgrown, making it very difficult to keep moving. (I'm told that it was a local(?) policy to 'let it stay in May' to encourage wildlife. But it seems that now 'June is too soon'?) 

YTD...362' .
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere on another thread is an account of the 6.3 miles I did last night. Lost in the forum. 

Ytd: 685.6
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Done....1001 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Huge Congratulations Hobie

Well done
  • Options
    Congrats Hobie!

Runstreak day 175

20.6 6.21
    21.6 1.5
    22.6 4.04
    23.6 7.15

YTD 991.93 miles

• Options
    Dubai, guess you will reach your first 1000 by the weekend easily. Well done on the streak.

It has been an anxious week since my last run/jog due to delays caused by a previously unknown chain in house purchase.
    After selling our second (previous main residence) home because one of the kids who had moved out from the family home not wanting to move there for a free, we set about buying one they liked - the seller said they were going to rent so no chain. Lo behold, and unknown to us they changed their mind after receiving a holding deposit from us but did not tell us - until the (probate) house they were buying cased delays because those selling had trouble proving they had the right to sell and needed a birth certificate naming their parents (Grant of Representation).  This caused a delay of five weeks and and at the last minute said they needed more time to clear the house of their late relative's precious belongings - this caused our child an extra few grand for extending his tenancy in the property they were renting. Anyways, we finally got the keys yesterday - now the legal manoeuvring to minimise IHT begins and we may have to put the new property in a Trust to minimise the IHT as our own home is valued over the combined allowance already.  Trying to persuade the missus to sell up and move into a caravan but she claims to have suddenly gone deaf. To top it all the youngest has put in an offer to buy an average house at above average price and is seeking a donation from the bank of mum and dad by end of July as he is also getting married in August.
    Anyways, enough of the personal out pouring but it explains why I have had a few days of missed running.

18/06 - no running
    19/06 - 5.64
    20/06 - 10.74
    21/06 - no running
    22/06 - no running

(16.38)

YTD = 673.52 miles
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Harmander that is so frustrating!
    Hobie, well done!
    Two cross training days (weather wasn't nice yesterday so moved that run to today...good decision as it was perfect this morning)...but I managed an 8 mile fartlek run this morning. Body was very grumpy but it seems to be just tight (a good stretch afterwards did wonders for the knee). Hopefully my physio will help...seeing him tomorrow. 
    Aches aside, I was happy with the paces I managed to hit - there was even a sub-9 minute mile in there, although I slowed down a bit after that. Still, pressure's off for a bit as the July half I was meant to do has been bumped to September, so I don't have a half before August now.

YTD: 489
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, close now Dubai, you'll be ahead very soon...I'm tired now.
    Cal, sounds like you're on the mend, great news.
    Harmander, house sales sound very stressful, I've never got involved in selling...just made the house we have bigger when the family came along, hope it all gets sorted out soon and you can focus on just running again.

I did my last 10 miles of the 1000 on a couple of bits of the Wales Coast Path...seemed appropriate...7 miles between Pendine & Laugharne at lunch time & 3 miles on the bit outside my door at Aberporth.
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Not sure about on the mend...just a bit less awful than before, Hobie. 
    4 miles recovery this morning...went as slow as I could without walking and didn't enjoy that at all. It was lovely out, though.

YTD: 493
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Cal: keep positive, you're making progress. 

Hobie: congratulations. 2000 for the year? 

Dubai: a 2000 target? A 365 streak? 

6.4 last night. 

Ytd: 692.0
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Harmander what a nightmare. The 'joys' of house buying. Cal you are moving forward, I can understand your frustration though. Hobie well done on the 1000. DR keep going!!

May I make a request? There is someone putting pictures on the forum which are inappropriate. Can anyone who is able flag them as spam? 

In the garage, but it was raining so hard I was glad I was. 

YTD: 512.22
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    TT... Can't say that I've seen any 'inappropriate' pictures...(apart from those posted by Hobie which I would probably classify as 'unsuitable' for my running ability!) However, I've never seen the amount of junk/spam that I noticed today! I usually go in and flag the obvious ones but there was a whole page of them today. Surely there must be an administrator somewhere who can prevent the clear misuse of these discussions?!
    Hobie... Congrats on passing the 1000', comfortably within the first half of the year.
    Dubai... Closing in on the first six months!
    Harmander... Sorry to hear about your house-buying headaches. The process is capable of destroying more than your running routine. I've been through it this year, and hope that I'll not need to repeat it!
    Cal... Looking forward to hearing better news from you. Has the physio sorted you out? Sub-10 was sounding good, but sub-9....are you trying to wind me up?
    Donnie... just about to pass 700'. Great.

Decided to take on some of the local hills on my last two runs (4' and 6') ...no wonder my average pace was around 11:30!!! Now to find something flatter.

YTD: 372' .
  • Options
    Thank you all for the sympathy concerning the house buying.  Son and hs family have now moved in now.

May everyone's niggles recede so we can actually enjoy our running.  I am not back to the previous level of fitness but just grateful there is incremental progress.

23/06 - 4.20
    24/06 - 5.63
    25/06 - 5.64

(15.31)

YTD = 688.83 miles
  • Options
    Harmander, buying and selling houses never gets any easier. Been through the process several times.

Donnie, hoping for a year streak and 2021 miles.

Runstreak day 177

24.6 5.67
    25.6 4.04

YTD 1001.64 miles