Options

northern social

Comments

• Options
    I,ve found my passport,i,ve found my passport!!!Now where did I put my money????
  • Options
    Well, birthday night has seen me nearly finish painting the hall/stairs/landing and sink a couple of cool ones. No lemonade available so did not get into the "black bush" (that's Irish whiskey by the way).

NSnail, hope you had a good night out and MtM remember you must leave some of the town standing.

Well tired now, not a difficult day at work but the lunchtime interval session was eyeballs out.
  • Options
    Hi I'm entered, new to the discussion. No120
  • Options
    Hello Beardie, I'm just about sozzled and heading for bed
  • Options

entered for the Raby Castle 10k

Sodahead....152
    Northern snail....57
    CoachB....246
    Beardie....120

early night for me now as I've got a 5.30am start
  • Options
    happy birthday Sodahead, we'll have a drink fo you at the social and i expect mick will have several for you this weekend.
    have a great weekend Mick!!
  • Options
    Found my money--Have a good weekend everyone-will be back monday[to tell you all the best bits!!!!!]See you all thru the window!!
  • Options
    Just had a look at last years results and times for the Raby 10K . Stacks of entries on the day so the field might be bigger this year if No 252 is already out. Hmmm, I'll have to suss out the start. I'm looking for a useful time (with due respect to my age of course) so I might have to elbow my way close to the start line.

Its Friday, I love Friday's. Off to work now, I'll look in later.
  • Options
    Hello....
    Just noticed are we talking birthdays????

This little princess has one fast approaching.....<looks at calendar to check>..yes I was right.....<checks passport for year of birthday....starts counting fingers and toes>.... I turn 25 tomorrow....does this mean I have to start to grow up????

• Options
    princess, youre just a bairn! 25!!!!!!! have a wonderful birthday and just enjoy being 25, and no you have years yet in which to grow up!
  • Options
    oooooooooooooooooooooo goodie!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wish I was 25 again...sigh

Just been out for my lunch time plod. Got soaked through, stacks of dirt all over me. On the bright side at least I managed to extract myself from the office for an hour.

PPB, tomorrows a great day to have a birthday on. Get yourself down to the beer shop, but a couple of crates of larger. Get settled on the sofa in the afternoon with a couple of mates and watch the FA Cup Final :o)

Later
  • Options
    awwwwww soda
    FA CupFinal....Forest aren't anywhere near it so-pah! Only thing from beer shop for me will be lemonade (this princess doesn't drink) The plan is for parental unit to visit along with sibling and the latest love of her life!

Pre-invasion I have my long run planned!
    I actually like running in the rain-means no fighting for pavement space and keeps you cool! I also like puddle jumping ;o)
  • Options
    Don't mind having a splash about in light rain but at work where I run big wagons come trundling along covering you with whatever has been on the road ...YUK

How long is your long run? Usually do mine tomorrow as well (15 to 20 miles early AM)but started a taper cos I'm racing next two weekends so extra speed session and shorter runs for me.

Do you run in wellies??
  • Options
    CoachB - sorry, didn't check my home e-mail last night. Will do tonight. Use that for forum purposes rather than work e-mail.
  • Options
    Sodahead
    I don't run in wellies but do possess a fetching green pair from my university degree days (I am a geographical scientist).
    By long run at the moment I mean by time..I am still building up...just a wee sort of a beginner'. Not upto the 15-20miles yet!!That will come over the next 4months as doing the Windsor half in September!!!!ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!

Princess x x x
  • Options
    PPB, arrgghhh, why arrgghh? Sounds like a good plan to me. Realistic target, achievable, time scaled etc etc. OK enough of this "work speak" I'm off home to start my weekend. Supposed to be the pictures tonight but don't know what we are going to see. If there is something new at Redcar we will be able to sit in our very own row.

Later
  • Options
    Soda
    Still don't quite believe I am taking part in a half marathon!This time last week I wasn't!
  • Options
    have a good weekend Sodahead. enjoy the pics, havent been for ages but want to see Van Helsing so if you see that tell me what its like!
  • Options
    Morning,

Princess, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hope your run went well this morning. Certainly a nice time to be out. Have a super day.

Caramac, went to pics last night and saw Van Helsing. Brilliant special effects - even made me jump. Got a bit of a shock when there wern't many seats left.

No running today but have managed to sneak in a round of golf bright and early this morning. Have a good'un.
  • Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!!!!! have a lovely lovely day. anything special planned

Sodahead, i may have to go and see VAN helsing now, like a good gothic horror!

tryingto run later, at present children trying to construct something in garden for rabbits to play on!! out tonight for sedate retirement do for one of our consultants!! must remember to talk posh!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Your Highness

with regard to your earlier question.

Growing older is compulsory
    Growing up is optional :0)

Have a good one.

• Options
    happy birthday princess

(((((((((((((((((((((((((princess)))))))))))))))))))))))))

thats 25 birthday hugs
  • Options
    <<floats in twirls around sprinkling fairy dust>>>
    Thank you for all the good wishes!

I had an absolutely fantastic run! Managed an entire 60minutres non-stop!wooohooo!yipppee!what a present to self!Was running along the seafront at just after 8ish!Bliss!Nice cool seabreeze plugged into a little radio :o)

Oooooo 25 birthday hugs thats sweet Nsnail x
    XL glad growing up is optional, too hyper to do that.

I have the ancestors here, arrived lunchtime and we are heading for a meal shortly if my sibling ever finishes preening herself in the bathroom!

Huggles to everyone...if your drinking tonight raise a glass in celebration for me :o)

PPB x x x x

<twirls again and sprinkles fairy dust on exit>
  • Options
    Oh PPB, you said you were just a beginner, but if you are clocking 8 min/mile I have to say that that is the speed at which I long haul plod at. Your 1st 1/2 marathon should be something to look forward to.

Anyways, sound like you have had a great time.

I downing gin & orange - get the drunk effect and vit. C as well.
  • Options
    Morning (if there is anyone about)

What a super morning. We are off to Whitby for the local club junior training session (all ready been out golfing). I can get a very useful speed session out of these juniors. My youngest daughter can give me a run for my money over 400m or less.

Enjoy the day :-)
  • Options
    hi Sodahead and all other forumites n hope you have had a good weekend. Had a good bop last night at the retirement party i went but my neck aches today, please tell me iwasnt headbanging!!! so no run today..
    How was Whitby? another of my favourite places, our cat was called whitby jet!
    glad you had agood birthday Princess
    Wonder how mick got on in wonderful wonderful copenhagen!! is it still standing!
  • Options
    Morning,

Sounds like a useful retirement bash caramac. Had a few too many myself on Saturday night and went off on a bit of a tangent on the daily training thread and that effected my running on Sunday.

Whitby was fab however, overnight at the school where we train one of the wooden class rooms was fired which left us shaking our heads a bit. I do admire how hard the kids try in training (exception being our kid who did nothing but moan)

Off to work, lunchtime easy planned, 6/7 miles or so in the sun :)

later
  • Options
    Morning all,
    hope you all had a better sunday than I did,
    went out on my normal sunday morning route, home to the bypass, along the bypass to the dual carriageway roundabout (which is like an empty country lane on a sunday morning...sooo quiet), then back. a nice quiet plod,,,except yesterday morning found the body of an old guy laid in the side of the old railway line.
    he'd been out on his mountain bike and had keeled over with a heart attack. when I found him he'd been dead for a while, police and ambulance called, the air ambulance helicopter was there within 10 mins and the doctor on board reckoned he had been dead for about an hour. police turned up in force, 8 uniform and 1 plain clothes 10 mins later.
    by the time I got away from there, home, showered then down to the police station to give a statement it had taken the pleasure out of what was a lovely sunny sunday.

Sorry to unburden myself on you all but I am still a bit cut up about finding this guy like this.
  • Options
    Northern Snail - it puts things in perspective when we come in on Monday mornings maoning about silly little things.

Sorry you've had such an experience, but well done on getting through it.

Hope it doesn't play on your mind too much. At least the guy was found by one of the good folk in life.