Options

northern social

Comments

• Options
    Nee bother petal-it was quite good.Its on again next sunday.
    I should be at work today, the bairn has had sickness and diarr,daiaree,dierare,the runs.Our lass is on her way back from p###### it up in blackpool,so im babysitting.By the way did I tell you all im off to copenhagen this friday,on the lash,with the lads,as a treat for doing the London marathon.Coming back in no fit state sunday nite!!! I cannot wait-no running for a whole 3 days!!!!
  • Options
    MtM, if it was raining I would take the car :) Copenhagen sounds a right good bash.

Just about to set off home on the bike. Just for a change I see the wind has stayed from the west. Normally on the warm days I run into the wind in the morning and then have to cycle into the onshore gales all the way home.

Anyways, jobs done, home, grub and decorating next. Later
  • Options
    Hi Caramac
    Stumbled on this by accident...a north-east social....mmmmm...anyone near little Scarborough?

I went down to the London one recently and had a great time, would be good to get involved in the northern one too. Just don't drive so things get interesting being stuck in no-where!

Food always sounds good.....alternatives to nightclubds???

PPB x x x
  • Options
    Hi princess, oooh, scarborough, had some great holidays in scarborough, first place in the northeast i ever took mr c in our courting days!! nothing has been definitely arranged yet but it would be good to get the northeasterners together for a social.
    Mick sorry to hear about the illnesses, there seems to be bugs lurking on these threads you know , its all this heat!
    enjoy wonderful wonderful copenhagen!
  • Options
    PPB, I'm probably closest and I'm twenty minutes north of Whitby near Loftus
  • Options
    Hi Sodahead
    Glad to know I am not the only one. Its Ok was just curious as to see who was near to me as well.

Do you get to many runs etc around here?

PPb x x x
  • Options
    There's stacks of runs knocking about but you have to weed them out and they sometimes take a bit of travelling too. Back end of May and June sees 3/4 races -
    Raby Castle 10K, Thirsk 10M, Cleveland Way Relay.

Are you a member of Scarborough ARC? They have a sizeable club and its then possible to hitch a lift of fellow clubmates to races :o). We do that a plenty at our club.

Must get me sarnies made and get on my bike to work.

Later
  • Options
    morning all-off to work today-gutted after last nites result against palace,just have to put up with the gloating geordies now.
  • Options
    Keep positive Mick, its not over yet!
    have a good day all! im nearly finished, eventful night!!!
  • Options
    (Missed the result Mick, clearly it wasn't what you deserved.
    You know thatthis Geordie is not gloating.
    Best wishes for next season)
  • Options
    (Just heard the result Mick,
    Sickener, why did they have to go to penalties?, Every other knockout I know is decided on away goals first.
    Once again,
    3rd PLACED TEAM SHOULD GO UP !!!!

I know that doesn't help but it's sincere
  • Options
    MtM, I'm gutted with the result. I'm not the greatest football fan but I like to see every team in the area do well. I too thought the away goals would count cos I switched the news off at 10:30 and they were still playing last night and I was thinking "nip and tuc, but should be OK". If Palace go up I just cannot see them surviving with the big guns.
  • Options
    sorry Mick, i thought they still had another chance. what do i know about football eh?
  • Options
    Sunny weather and stuck inside, role on 4PM :-(
  • Options
    Why has Mick not posted yet?
    How depressed is he?
  • Options
    Hi XL-man,

Think Mick's stuck at work, he'll be twice as depressed, what with his team loosing by the skin of their teeth and at work on a sunny day (well excepting Sunderland where there is a hugh black cloud)

:-)
  • Options
    evening guys, no Mick yet?? hope he is ok. <<<<<<<MICK>>>>>>>>>>, next year mate, im sure i will be sharing these sentiments with you about Ipswich soon.
    I have come up with a date for the social!!!!! saturday 14th august or any night that following week (not friday , travelling back to ipswich) so what does everyone think??
  • Options
    This geordie not gloating.I'd rather the mackems went up so we could beat them twice a year. Ipswich staying doon with the mackems, caramac. Mrs P (a tractor girl) v upset. I suppose I'll get another chance to see the toon away (london exile).
  • Options
    Sat 14th is good Cara,
    (or any other night that week.)

Mick, talk to us.
  • Options
    No sign of Mick yet, has he gone to copenhagen yet?? well Ipswich failed to get through as well so a fellow sympathiser.

Should i start a new thread with the actual date of the social or just stay on this one?? and when do we decide on a venue, any suggestions yet?

• Options
    Hello all-im here not too depressed.Geordies had a field day yesterday at work [b#######].I was a bit busy yesterday to have a chat.The 14th sounds champion for the social.Anyway got to go to work [mosgow]!!!
  • Options
    I would start a new thread for the social a bit nearer the time.
    People know where this one is for now.
  • Options
    Like the sound of it being a Saturday - won't have to worry about bailing out of work and rushing about to get somewhere.

As far as I can recollect I am "not away" on the 14th August.

I'm absolutely cream crackered after last nights club session, it was a real gut buster. Must crack on with some work.

Later.
  • Options
    Good to hear from you Mick, we was getting worried! looks like the mackems and tractor boys will stay another year in the first division and let the premiership breath a sigh of relief!
    Looking ok for saturday 14th august, will be good to meet up!
    off now till sunday so going to decorate ,garden and plod and party on saturday! (not all at the same time!)
  • Options
    This all sounds kind of fun.
    What exactly would the social plans be?
    Food? Pub? Night club? Other and where?

Princess x x

• Options
    PPB, do you think they will let me in a night club with my friend Zimmer :-)
  • Options
    HI Princess, at present it has been suggested that a night in newcastle would be the best venue and a meal (pasta of course!) followed by a drink and possibly a bop (only to music of a previous generation however, could not possibly shake a leg to anything recent!) however it is not set in stone and suggestions are awaited!
  • Options
    Caramac-you have e-mail :o)
  • Options
    Hi. Sat Aug 14th looks OK to me, too. I'd also be interested if the minibus from Darlington idea comes off. Brave enough to drive to Darlo but not to tackle Newcastle city centre!