Comments

• Options
    Morning,

race well tonight BR!

What: 10M depends on how I feel :-)
    Why: the serious stuff starts soon!

Last hard: N/A
    Last rest: Sat

It rather warm in the night & another hot day today.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good luck BR and any other racers for tonight!

Just back from a 6.645 mile run it was good out there and I too know the hard work starts very very soon.

The air quality is good I love running before it gets hot!!

Have a good day and happy running!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning All,

BR, best of luck tonight, give it 'ell.

Best of luck all others racing.

What: Haven't decided, either 6-8M steady, or sit around in me underpants drinking shiraz ;-)
    Why: I'm having an easy week, right achilles is a bit tight and I'm planning to race Sunday, so some rest at this juncture seems like an idea.
    Last hard run: Sunday
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Best of luck tonight BR!

Well I didn't do anything I planned yesterday, instead I decided to run with the club. Not a good idea as the terrain was very uneven and hard. Ended up doing the short run as my leg started to hurt.

So today will be nothing except a cycle ride and no more running this week. It's getting better, but I guess it would get better much quicker if I were to stop running on it for a couple of weeks. I will see what it's like after my tri on Sunday and if it's still the same, that's exactly what I might do, as otherwise going into marathon training with a dodgy leg might be a bit risky.

Enjoy another glorious day folks!
  • Options
    Morning all,

Look forward to the reports from all doing the Askern 10K tonight, run well BR and Stifler.

Last nights club session was
    2K warm up
    3 x 1.2K at 10K pace with 60 secs recovery (coach said this was the real warm up) then
    1 x 800m at 5K pace, 200m jog recovery
    200m sprint followed by 400m jog recovery
    1 x 700m at 5K pace, 200m jog recovery
    1 x 600m at 5K pace, 200m jog recovery
    1 x 500m at 5K pace, 200m jog recovery
    1 x 400m at 5K pace, 200m jog recovery
    200m sprint
    2K warm down

Apparently this was to get the legs used to running hard when tired. Today -

What: Rest from running, just bike to and from work
    Why: Legs need the recovery
    Last rest: Saturday
    Last hard: Tuesday
  • Options
    Askern 10k tonight. Interested to see how time compares with Sunday's off-road Sandle Castle 10.

cu later:0)
  • Options
    Morning

Good luck Askern racers!

Sodahead good sesh!

Hilly have posted on Cardiff thread!

Monique good luck!

What: 20 mile bike very hilly on out journey coming back bloody fast but hit rush hour traffic! anyway time : 1:08:25

5 mile run in 34:38 again sunshine out and even though it was early I was struggling in the heat.

PM: Longish run hoping 10-12 miles

Why:Tri/Marathon training

Last Hard: Sunday

Last Rest: Saturday

ENJOY THE SUNSHINE - I WILL!
  • Options
    Morning all

Good luck to BR, Treadmill and Stifler for tonight- should make for some interesting race reports!

What: 10 miles fairly hard
    Why: club night
    Last hard: Sat
    Last rest: yesterday

Ended up chickening out of yesterday's run and didn't do anything. By the time I was free to get out it was 8pm and I decided a rest would do me good.

Got another training session with the year 5 & 6 mini-marathoners this afternoon so I get to finish work early today :o)

• Options
    Morning all,

10 ish off-road tonight in the sunshine hopefully. Good luck to all at Askern.

Is it a band from your home town BR?
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Good luck to the Askern racers.

What: 5m easy
    Why: tapering
    Last hard: 6 days
    Last rest: 4 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Morning All.

Training going really well at the moment the last few weeks have been going better than expected (Touch Wood)

What: Club Handicap tonight 2.35 miles as fast as I can go. Then a couple of laps of the circuit to warm down and keep the milage up.

Why: Club Handicap need to get some points to keep in contention for the Handicap titel for the year.

Last Hard: Sunday's Sevenoaks Seven (49:09)
    Last Rest: Saturday

Race well tonight BR and Treadmill, looking forward to hearing the reports later.

LL
  • Options
    Morning,
    Another lovely day.
    Track session last night, felt much more comfortable.
    1000m run then 1000m jog, repeated at 800, 600, 400 and 200m.

What: 60mis steady/hard
    Why: club night
    Last hard: last night
    Last rest: Monday
  • Options
    And good luck to those racing tonight.
  • Options
    Morning all....

Back in business ? I hope so...

What: steady 10k last night at 7min mile pace

Why: Recovering from tendonitis

Last hard: last 3 months not running?

Last rest: never rest... swimming, cycle etc

Keep falling forward everyone -

barnsleyrunner your a inspiration! Dedication mate....
  • Options
    morning all

wish I'd done a bit less last night - rather stiff this morning despite post-run stretches

looking forward to the Askern reports - good luck all

Hilly - 1 step forward, 2 steps back - but it's so difficult to abstain from running completely isn't it.....

what: 3rd Wirral Seaside 5K
    why: whyever not?
    last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: Thu

Sun has disappeared here - but a brisk westerly, if it persists, should ensure considerable assistance down the coastal embankment this evening :-)
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Brewster, sounds good. Hope there were no repercussions.

Good luck to others nursing aches.

Xerxes good to see you're still wrestling sheep in the early hours of the morning.

What: 4 miles, no real problems. And oh what a gorgeous day to be out there!

Later on Pilates class followed by massage. I shall have to get the guy to give me some advice on a knob on my Achilles. I have it for a while. It doesn't actually cause problems - not at least in the way so many other things do, but I'm concerned that it could be trouble in the making.

It's tender when prodded, and when muscles are tight - notably in the morning whether resting or not, and first 20 minutes of running it can hurt, in waves lasting 5 secs. or so, apparently entirely unrelated to effort or stride, so I'm a little puzzled. Best guess is that some muscle is inadvertantly tightening and putting a strain on it. As the run continues, the muscle stretches out and begins to behave sensibly, the waves of ache come less and less frequently. It's been around a long time (probably about 6 months).

This is the greatest question mark hanging over what I do in June. Is it compatible with doing the long runs necessary to take part in Potts? Do I cut my losses, take a few weeks now to sort it, give up on Potts, concentrate on being fit for China, or what?

Physio input will have a big influence on my decision.
  • Options
    Talking of inspirations - Stickless.... pffft at my minor injury. Hang in there

:)
  • Options
    Morning all,

Another beautiful day - I just hope this weather holds out until the weekend.

No running for me today, babying my hip at the moment.

Good luck in the 10k tonight, BR!

v
  • Options
    Morning all, a lovely day here in London E1, too good to be stuck indoors.

What: 32 minutes on rower (2 minutes warm up followed by 10 sets of 2 minutes hard, 1 minute easy - excellent cardiovascular workout), 20 minutes on bike, 10 minutes leg presses - followed this with 30 minutes hard aquarunning.
    Why: Calf tear
    Last run: 3 days(Sunday 16th May)
    next run: 18 days (Monday 7th June).

Calf very sore this morning - next time I use the rower it will have to be without using toe straps (to get me to use the legs less and the upper body more).

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Oh gosh, too much behind on the threads, been a bit busy ... good luck to everyone who is doing Askern, good luck in your tri, Hilly.

Popsider - well done in your TT, I see that Derby Tri do a midweek 11 miler round Tickhall/Repton area in the summer - free to enter - bargain! (www.derbytriathlonclub.co.uk)

What: easy run and 1200 metre swim (done) easy run and/or bike later
    Why: Bit stiff today and a bit busy.
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Monday

Speedie/Monique - I think I might give the run/bike/run session a try as well, maybe tomorrow if I am very organised (itwill be a public holiday here, so the bike leg will have a lot of car-dodging)
  • Options
    Morning All

Good luck all those racing tonight

What: Nowt
    Why: Comrades Schedule says Nowt
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: Today

Have just been out to buy new shoes and have ended up with Saucony Hurricane 6 as no Asics 2090's or Kayano's around in Dubai at the moment. Anyone tried Hurricanes V 2090's?

Happy running
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

Barnsley Runner, whats this about not hydrating too much? I dont understand. What you getting at? Not trying to give yourself an advantage i hope?

What: Was gonna do 4 miles or so this morning but i did 5 yesterday and 2 X 1000 at the club. 1 in 2:43 and the other in 2:47 so il try and give myself the best possible recovery for tonights 'dual'.

Good luck to treadmill and BR, you'l need it....(vampire laugh.....)

; -)
  • Options
    Stifler, you mentioned relieving yourself at Askern...

We're in a different race to you really - knock 60-90 secs off your Sandal time according to one of our vets.
  • Options
    Good afternoon. Good luck to tonight's racers.

5 miles last night, but legs felt heavy and tired and I was slower and ploddier than usual. Not sure why, maybe just an "off" day. Backs of thighs really stiff today, too. Rest day today but might do a little jog to warm up and do some stretching.
  • Options
    Just realised I know the lyrics - didn't we have different lines from the same song a couple of weeks back?

DD, I went from 2070s to Hurricane 5s about 18 months ago. I'd had no problems with the 2070s (well, I didn't like them, but no mechanical problems), but I didn't like the Hurricanes at all. Thought they were too built up under the heel, and made my achille hurt.

Think the root of the problem was they were too supportive for my needs. If you normally wear Kayanos you'll probably be ok.
  • Options
    good luck all racers today
    what?6m steady
    why? sorta club run
    very windy round here in sheffield
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    oops, somehow failed to post. try again.

Back from physio. Achilles, problems, says he, rarely start with the Achilles, but somewhere else, like the hips, says he, suiting the action to words and attacking energeticly.

Half an hour later emerged wiping eyes and blowing nose, but more mobile. The actual problem on my tendon is a minor one at present, the challenge is to correct what is causing it.

Keep at it all.
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

What: gym session done, between 6 and 10 miles later (depends how my legs feel)
    Why: strength building

Good luck to all tonight's racers....I look forward to reading the reports in the morning.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you have been in pain Stickless. I hope you get better quickly.

Afternoon!

what: 18k @ marathon pace. The fastest I can run at the moment.

Good luck to all racers!
  • Options
    Venom Thanks for the advice