Options

Wednesday 19th May

124»

Comments

• Options
    back from rehydration session at the Ship Inn, Hoylake

BR - it's not just you it's happening to. A Wallasey runner who 2 months ago was in top form & thoroughly kicked my @rse over 5K, then 5 miles, just prior to FLM, had his first competitive outing since then at tonight's Seaside Run. He galloped away over the first mile & must have led me by 30-40m at that point, but by 1½ miles I was gaining on him & eventually caught him at 4K - finished ~5 places ahead in the end. He said later he felt great for a while at the start, but it just faded the further he went.
    Looks like a little patience might be needed - but that's not what you want to hear is it?
  • Options
    From experience once training is going well again racing will click in 3 weeks or so later. by that reckoning I'm not training well yet, so I'm still a month off or so :(

for the record my time today was 9:29 - shocking!
  • Options
    i'm sure things will get better very quickly BR. i'm with hippo on believing you'll be back to normal and better in no time!
  • Options
    monique - my best mile time is 31.12 but that was a few months ago now. all my other swim times have improved a lot over the last few weeks so i'm hoping that might too when i finally give it a serious go. not too promising today though!

definitely no plans for an ironman! i could do the swim for sure but as for that cycle......

maybe one day :-)
  • Options
    Lyrics `My Book', Beautiful South, as spotted by Loz.