Options

Saturday 22nd May

What do I do with it.

Shame Dwain Chamber's didn't!

Woke with these lyrics in my head & couldn't go back to sleep :-0

What: 4M, recovery run am.
Warm up, 1600m @ 5000m pace, followed with 10x30sec hills, pm.

Why: hills build strength

Last hard: way too long ago!!!

Last rest: 8 day's
Resting HR back down today to 43 :-)

Race well folkes, especially hilly as running injury & PC problems = a tough life :-(

Comments

• Options
    Good luck racers :) will be thinking of you

What: 12 miles cycle, 3 x 15 mins hard with 5 min rests (rowing)
    Why: as ever
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: I think last Sunday?

BT - I'm very jealous of your heart rate!
  • Options
    Morning all

What: 40 mins easy

Why: recovery

Last hard: Weds

Last rest: 7 days

Race well everyone
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good luck all racers run well;-)

Hilly hope you are stress free soon evil combination....on PC front do you update virus protection every week? alos do you run it every day to check on your PC? and do you have a firewall as well as a Virus protector?

Rest day for me saving myself for my planned 20 miler tomorrow was going to be 15 but someone threw down the gauntlet;-) so I do have to go shopping,then I have to download music onto my new MP3 player !

Have a good day out there today
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning all,

What:White Peak half
    Why: injury has prevented me from doing the full.

Not expecting much from this other then to get round in one piece and enjoy the scenery. Hope I don't get overtaken by the front runners in the marathon though!!

Good luck to all the other racers!
  • Options
    In hiding, I want to get it under the 40 maybe back to below 35 where it's been before :-)

First run done & it was jolly cold on my hands!

Barbara, you can keep them at bay!
  • Options
    Morning all!

Just a quick visit before I head out for the day

What- am: Salisbury schools mini-marathon 2.3k/pm: Southern Men's League track meeting doing 5000m and 1500m
    Why- 'cos I'm a glutton for punishment?
    Last hard: Weds
    Last rest: yesterday

Good luck to Barbara and anyone else racing today.

• Options
    Good luck all racers!

What: 4.5 miles
    Why: first club run
    Last hard: last Saturday
    Last rest: yesterday
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Tim

That is low the lowest mine has been is 53!!!!
    How on earth can I get mine to be lower than this!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thanks for your messages yesterday :o))))

Managed HR 50 once though i haven't done it on waking for a long time - know i should, too late today. Tomorrow.

What: 1 hour slow
    Why: Recovery
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Tuesday.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Good luck any racers today and tomorrow.
  • Options
    Good luck all racers.

What: Nothing
    Why: Thats what the comrades schedule says.
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Today

I hate tapering just seems unnatural!
  • Options
    Morning all, good luck Barbara and others in the white peak, looks a good day for it.

What: 15 miles off- road
    Why: swaledale soon, closely followed by the Lyke Wake.
    Have a good day all.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning! Poor PC is struggling but i'm determined to make it work until my new one comes, which unfortunately isn't until the 10th June. I might have to load internet onto daughter's laptop if it gets any worse or i'll be having withdrawal symptoms!:o)

Anyhow, have a good run Barbara and any other racers!

popsider-not my first tri, but I'm certainly not experienced at them. First one using my tri specific bike though and being able to swim using front crawl, which I couldn't do last year, so feel more like a triathlete this time!

Blisters-I'm totally up front with my physio! She knew I had every intention of doing the Salisbury tri, so if my leg was really sore she was going to strap it for me, but after yesterday's session she thinks the leg will be ok without strapping. The run is only 5.5 miles so hopefully it'll cope with that:o)

Today I'll be trying to rest after a short cycle and a trip into town. Bed early tonight too as I've got to be up at 4.30 and on the road by 5am as my friend I'm travelling with is one of the first swimmers in at 7.05am!

Have a good day all!
  • Options
    What; 5 miles in 37 mins but it was generally downhill
    Why; thats what the plan says
    Last hard; Still sunday
    Last rest: Monday

left the car at work for my 10 miler last night and ran down hill all the way to get it this morning, I know why i like running to work and hate running home, As BT says though, hills build strength so may run home next week the hard way.

Lovely sunny day here today and half of SE london seems to have decamped to Cardiff to watch the fighting.
  • Options
    Just realised that is a 60 mile week give or take a mile, rather sneaked up on me!
  • Options
    Morning!

what: rest.

Best of luck to al racers. Have fun!

Happy running!
  • Options
    what: some stretching and lots of lazing around in my new garden!

why: resting before furzefield tri tomorrow! eeeeeeeeeek. i've got butterflies already and its not for another 24hrs.

good luck at salisbury hilly. i've got to be on the road by 5.30am - they do start these tri's at stupid times of the morning!
  • Options
    good luck to all racers and triathletes
    I have my first ever off road 14k
    Ill be last, but it will be a pb
    was meant to do long run today
    needed a loostop after 106 mins running
    hozzie loo locked
    Came home
    But----9.76 miles, and it felt as though i was running slowly---but i wasnt by hippo standards
    I dont get running at all
  • Options
    Morning, bright and sunny on the North East coast. Kind of chilly with the north wind tho.

What: Rest(round of golf)
    Why: Normally long run time but I'm reducing milage before races now
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: This time last week

Run well all who are racing.
    Look after any niggling injuries.
    Hippo, I thought I had a strong run yesterday, when I checked my time I was a good 2 minutes slower than my normal steady. On the up side its miles in the bank, on the down side I really thought I was running quick so now I have doubts about how I am going to do in the races that are coming up :( strange business
  • Options
    Morning All,

Best of luck to all weekend racers / triathletes.

What: 5M very easy with a few mates.
    Why: Nursing hangover which measures 5.2 on the Richter scale and taking it easy prior to tomorrows race - Derby 10k.
    Last hard run: Sunday.
    Last rest day: Friday.

It's a beautiful day out there ;-)
  • Options
    morning all

good luck to racers today & tomorrow. Looking forward to NE's account of his day later on....

what: Caldy 2nd XI v Haydock (A)
    why: It's Saturday in the cricket season
    last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: Thu
  • Options
    Best of luck to all who are racing this weekend.
  • Options
    JFB, Dexter Gordon??
  • Options
    Yup (didn't you ask that on another thread? I did answer!)
    Dex is the guvnor [along with Trane] on tenor, which is my instrument. Not sure he was very interested in running.
    Good luck for your 10K, how you can even think about it with a hangover, I don't know!
  • Options
    What: Have a pint of Guinness, watch FA Cup Final, maybe buy a new telly, sort out Excel macro for Dad, tidy up house ("housewife's workout")
    Why: Rest from running, with 10K tomorrow. Pre-race Guinness is now a superstition.
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Thursday.

Will not be online Sunday so race report will have to wait until Monday.
  • Options
    Bryan
    You'll need to do more than drink Guinness if you want to catch Stifler!

Hippo... it sounds like we both needed an unplanned stop at the same sort of point into the run! I took today's run deliberately steady, with the sole aim of just being out there and enjoying ther countrysoide. I think that the skylarks are more numerous this year, and I do so enjoy hearing them and trying to spot the little blighters.
    Instead of taking the hamster route of known mileage I just went this way and that, and came home for 9:30 having actually enjoyed the run for its own sake. 15 miles in the bag, for about 2 hours. Afterwards I felt fine, refreshed (!) and ready to start the day.

Apporaching 40 miles for the week....how did Plum get to 60?

Good luck LizzyB & Hilly & MUFC
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

6 miles done avg HR 131

:o)))))))
  • Options
    What: 40 mins easy, followed by whole days studying
    Why: Racing tomorrow
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: Last night (r**ning on a Friday night?)

Good luck to Millwall this weekend,

• Options
    Morning all!

What: Run to and from pool, then some sort of sick swimming speedwork session that 220 magazine suggested. All it proved that regardless of effort, I seem to go the same speed....

...Might do an easy 5 miler later, but legs feel a bit dead, so maybe not.

Good luck all you triathlon people, White Peak'ers etc. hope the weather is kind to you.

Oh yes, and good luck to Millwall, fingers crossed and all that.
  • Options
    hello everyone
    Good luck Millwall and other racers/triathelets. been a bad week for running,only 1 day so far until this morning.

Evil forest orienteering.

nice downhill start and along the boggy stream , #1 done. A maze of paths later and I'm at the target junction, scratch head and set heading straight at forest, soon on hands and knees, going very slowly, emerge in quite the wrong place. circling for a while before finally getting to #2. battery flat in control box. Oh well. stretch out along path to #3. Confused at various stream ditches, eventually spot the control across another stream. balance over fallen tree, lost sight of it. thrash around before crossing back over the stream (wet feet) and then back again to get it, 23 mins gone! Head off strongly to #4, and 5...a bit more like it. Come off 5 back on track, oh another hill, steam up that, find I'm at the start...wrong path...turn around and down the hill again (plonker), get #6 and follow on the bank to #7, easy, fluke a bit on #8 as I see others. Good run towards #9 and bonus when I'm on the right side of the stream and they're not!!!. Quickly back to main path and running well but as I pass some cyclists coming the other way I turn my ankle. B****R. Try to run but have to walk for 2 mins, others overtake me. cut up the Hill towards #10, steep bank and hidden in the rhododendrons. sprint off downhill with a young lady chasing. after 2 mins we realise we're 90 degrees out and have turn back up a long hill drag for #11 and on to the finish. awful performance. strict route was 4.2km and it took me over a hour. Nuts.

long run tomorow hopefully.