• Options
    what: 10miles cycling done, easy run with club later
    why: tri training
    last hard: sunday
    last rest: saturday
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Hi all!

Many thanks, those of you who signed Lizzy's card. (Track event of the season)

I'll print it out tomorrow am on nice paper and snail mail it to her. race report to follow.

Nothing today, feeling a little rough, so use the day to get the rest of the bench work done. tomorrow is another one, hopefully a better one.

take care all.
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Good to see you here Rundown!
  • Options
    Stickless
    I didn't know it was there!
  • Options
    Can I do tomorrows now? home pc broken

What: 20 mile, canal

Why: Weekly long run and I like it

Last hard: Monday

Last rest: sunday
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone

What: Disaster
    Why: Planned to do my long run today had to jiggle schedule around as i couldn't fit it in on sunday.
    Planned to do 2¼ hours - oh dear.
    All was going fine passed 3 miles keeping HR low, went on to a grassy trail with some hard mud about ¼ mile along i felt my self fall, tried to stop myself, just couldn't ended up flat on my face.
    Grazed right knee, left hand had blood coming out, and grazes right hand but not as bad luckily face is ok.
    Laid there what seemed forever, but was probably not more than a minute.
    Tried to run a little just couldn't legs felt like jelly, reckon i'll have a bruise on my knee tomorrow (well the flesh bit on the inside). Walked backed knew there was a public toilet about 1½ miles away - Closed - rats.
    Theres a pub ½mile from here so went in to clean myself up.
    Am ok now, just guess my pride is a bit dented.
  • Options
    Pammie that's awful. Hope there's no serious damage.
  • Options
    Evening

Pammie hope nothing too serious!

What: 25 mile bike on turbo trainer as:

5 miles warm up
    5 miles hard
    5 miles alternating 1 mile hill 1 mile recovery
    5 miles Intense
    5 miles cool down

Total time : 1:08:57

Straight onto a 8 mile run ( felt weak towards end )

Total time : 1:02:19

Why: Tri training

Last Hard: Parts of bike today was hard!

Last Rest: 10 days

Night
  • Options
    Thanks for the well dones everyone.

It was a really enjoyable race and i think i did the last mile and a quarter in 7 mins which i think is the fastest ive ever run.

I think i might start posting on these daily training threads but you all seem such experts.
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Oooh, like the idea of the pc being broken so having to do tomorrow's run today!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    You poor thing Pammie, hope it feels better soon and nothing serious comes from it!

I've only done a short swim today as it's difficult to not overdo things. I'm doing a 1/2m on Sunday and am tempted to get full swing into my training, but then it might be a bit much too soon. So trying to be patient! Anyway marathon training starts next week, so then's the time to get my head down and really focus.

I don't think I'll be attempting a pb on Sunday due to recent injury, but still want to run reasonably well. What do you reckon I should do run wise for the rest of the week. This is what I plan, tell me what you think please.

Mon did 12 miles
    Tues did 500m swim
    Wed-10 miles with final 2 miles fast
    Thurs-swim and bike
    Fri-rest
    Sat-5 easy
    Sun-1/2 marathon

??????????????
  • Options
    LLL
    All abilities welcome here, only basic requirement is enthusiasm. This thread keeps me motivated, and there's plenty of free advice along with tea and sympathy.

Speaking of which Pammie deserves our hugs ((((((((Pammie))))))))).

Take care Hilly, and don't break those leggy things/ backy thingy...you keep inspiring me to push that bit harder.

What: maybe a jog later
    Why: I'm not too stiff, Thanks to TBIT's massage
    Last hard: I should say last night, but last week's 10k was harder.
    Next hard: the Disney 2 week endurance event, which starts at the weekend. I've got to carry a wife & 2 little blisters.
    SO: It will be quiet from this quarter for a bit. (Last post Friday)
  • Options
    Hilly = it looks like a good plan but it depends on how you leg is! I'd be wary of doing the Wednesday two miles fast on tired(ish) legs, because of your recent injury - maybe put the two miles fast in the middle of the run, and take the rest of the run at a steady pace, or reduce the distance a bit to about 7 miles.

• Options
    Sam PantherSam Panther ✭✭✭
    Hello

Nothing for me today. The top of my left foot is hurting so thought I would rest it.

Off to catch up with the thread.
  • Options
    Evening all,

Stifler - can I ask a question - how does a Track session at Doncaster pm help you be fresh for tommorrow's 5 miler especially when your morning session has been disrupted due to dodgy stomach?

What: Exactly the same as Tim at the crack of dawn without having seen his posting namely 8 miles wih ten lots of 100 metre strides thrown in. Spooky

Why: Recovery week with possible 20km race at weekend.

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: 30 days

Simon
  • Options
    Evening, nice 5 tonight, got a bit fast towards the end though.
    Hope you're ok Pammie, maybe you and Lizzy should start your own thread!
    Hilly, I think if it was me I would reduce the weds run to 7, but fairly brisk. 12 a few days before the half coming of injury might be pushing it.
    Just been to Tesco and got loads of red wine on special offer, too hard to resist, so I'm trying it out.
  • Options
    welcome LLL and congrats to you and blisters on yet more pbs!!!

hope you are ok pammie.

well this evenings "easy club run" wasn't. in fact it was something the club calls the tuesday trot which is a monthly 3.25mile club race.

its the first one of these that i've done and i managed 26.10 with legs that felt like lead. actually i'm really pleased with the time which would be roughly equivalent to my 5k pb and might explain how sick i felt at the end!

anyway - it was good fun but i'm pretty tired now. this afternoons 10mile cycle went well too and all in all its been a good day :-)

good luck tomorrow to stifler and barnsleyrunner

M xx

• Options
    MM, I train with Jim McNeil, his brother Andy runs for Notts AC. He's also going with others from the club!

SGQ, it is "Manic Street Preachers" & "Ocean Spray"

Plum, glad thing's are going well :-)

Pammie, it's suppriseing how a fall like that upset's the system. Glad you ok though.

Hilly, why not do 8M tomorrow with 8-10x100m fast, it really gets those legs moving without filling them with lactic acid.

Simon [or is it Mary now!!!] great minds plan alike!!!

My session went very well, brought some New Balance 900 light weight running shoes on Saturday I tried thm out tonight. They feel great, like wearing slippers :-)
  • Options
    Hope to see you fit and well and raring to go at S-o-S Pammie!

What: Nothing
    Why: Rest, also work has been a sod, so no time to run anyway :-(
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: Sunday
  • Options
    What? 5m AM / 50 x 400m, 1 lap slow ~92-95 sec followed by 1 lap fast ~88 sec.
    Why? Speed
    Last rest? Saturday
    Last hard? Sunday

Today was bloody hard work, went through pure agony during the last 4km. The others on the track were wondering what the hell is he up to, started running before their 8x 1000m, and was still running after their session :)

Got the official result of Sunday's race, organiser timed a 35:11 (5th place). Brilliant 4 sec. faster than expected, but only 2nd unaffiliated runner this time :(
  • Options
    Well done URR,
    I once did 48 X 400m it nearly took all night!
    Did them in sets of 6 with 5min inbetween or something similar!
  • Options
    BT - It was definately the first and last time :) Afterwards I couldn't move for 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Fantastic URR - how much £ was that per lap:)?

Good to see these track runners come, warm up, stand around chatting, sprint a bit, stand around again, chat, warm down and go whilst you're churning out the laps.
  • Options
    Haha let's see £2.50 / 50 = 5p :)

Quite a lot of people turn up for a speed session, few have pretty good running economy, but most (if not all of them) do not exploit their potential.
  • Options
    BR - next time you've got a meeting in Guilford try and get over to our track in the evening. It's FULL and getting in the way of sprinters is part of the fun!

What: Track session 5 x 1000m off 200m jog recovery (3:00, 2:56, 2:58, 2:59, 2:58) lap jog then 5 x 200m off 100m jog recovery (29.2, 28.8, 29.0, 28.8, 28.2) with 2 miles warm up / 2 miles warm down.

Why: Speed endurance

Last Hard: sunday

Last rest: 22 days
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Madness URR!:O)

Thank for suggestions guys. I'll go for something shorter with some fast strides on grass thrown in. At least I'll see how my legs is with a bit of faster work!
  • Options
    evening all

a few interesting sessions going on

was that 50 laps all in 1 direction then URR - or did you reverse every so often?

Hope you've got over the shock Pammie.

what: 7.3 miles with hill at halfway
    why: Should have been session with Wirral runners, but a) coach is away on holiday b)got held up due to database problem in work late afternoon, so arrived at usual meet point about 10-15 mins late - q possibly those who did turn up had already set off. Having said that, there were no cars there.

last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: Sat

Started off doing first mile in 6:27; finished doing last mile in 6:17 - ovarall time was 46:40. Probably a negative split - but that's nothing to be proud of. Just means I didn't warm up sufficiently.
  • Options
    Mike - All laps in same direction, track feels very smooth, no problem.
  • Options
    mmmmmm....that's 100 left-hand (presumably) bends. Doesn't that carry a bit of an injury risk?
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    what:10 miles at roughly half M pace
    why: need 2 know whats needed to break 2 hrs this summer
    - 1h33 today - close but need more distance work now i'm off the fags

(thanks Barbara - over a week now!)