Options

Tuesday 25th May

13»

Comments

• Options
    What: 10k, succession of long steady hills
    Why: Haven't been able to run for 2 weeks due to consecutive injuries

When I was running, it felt slow - yet incredibly I beat my target time by 9 mins! (51:08)

• Options
    Good feedback 'zilla, I was wondering how you were getting on.

Can you smell the flowers yet?
  • Options
    Evening All

URR have you been taking lessons from BR

Hilly do you not think it might be a bit too much this week as you must still be in recovery mode

LLL and Blisters great race and great pb's

BR and Stifler good luck in tomorrows race.

Pammie I hope you are okay

Plum be careful you seem to be taking this running thing seriously again.

What: 5 miles easy am, 10 mile ride to club followed by 2 mile runout to park then 8 x 600 metre circuits at speed with breaks in between lasting as long as it took partner to run round the course, then relay race 600 metre finished with 2 mile run back at 6.45 mile pace, Session finished with 10 mile cycle home at speed.
    Why: Club night and training for duathlon

Have a good day everybody
  • Options
    7 miles including this weekends 10K race course in 38:40. felt quite tired at start but the last 2 miles were super! :D
  • Options
    Mike S - Not when you have lots of miles in your legs, you end up with steel legs! Luckily never had any serious injuries, only silly stuff like a cold, blister, black toe nail, tooth ache, upset stomach etc. However it can happen on an uneven track or on a dry cinder track, if I would be in pain (injury related) I would stop immediately.

• Options
    well the relaxing paddle didn;t happen - at least the paddle did but possibly the most stressful ever!

one of the good things about running is that really there's only yourself to worry about - i may dream of riggers, cams and footplates tonight. Let's hope hte races come off ok
  • Options
    Evening all,

First chance to get on in a few days - congrats to all the racers from Sunday (especially Zill the first time triathlete). I had a very relaxing weekend away.

7 miles easy done today. Hip still annoyingly stiff - must get myself down to the physio this week, think it's a muscle tightness problem that can probably be relieved with thorough massage.

Tim, I got some NB900s the other week. Only worn them a couple of times, they're incredibly comfortable but don't want to run too much in new shoes right now.
  • Options
    Trizilla which halfs are you thinking of doing and I will pace you round to under 2 hrs
  • Options
    (oops, pressed enter too soon).

URR, very impressive session - you must have felt dizzy after that!

LLL, Blisters, congrats on PB.

Pammie, hope you're feeling ok.

Angelis, I see you're duathlon training now. Decided that swimming isn't for you? A sentiment I share....

Good night all!