Options

Hard Training - Dawn (Hilly)

Comments

• Options
    Wow - absolutely gorgeous Hilly :o)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    It certainly was Bear and if you're going to be on your feet for a few hours it's the place to do it!

How's your training going?
  • Options
    Gosh

I bet you could see Dr Nic from there

Well done
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    A day too late I feel blisters, but on a clear day I'm sure the coastline view would stretch as far as the eye could see.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Here's some great pictures of my route today.

weymouthtolulworth
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    2 recovery miles done this evening just to hit 75 miles for the week-yorkshire lass, I just couldn't resist!
  • Options
    ps
    have just scoffed my way through a whole packet of Jaffa cakes
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    That's a thought, just off to get the jaffa cakes!

I've had lots of other food too:o)
  • Options
    1 mile = 100 calories (for a light female like Hilly)
    11 miles per day = 1100 calories
    Standard daily requirement 2000

You need to be scoffing 3100 calories per day.

I need to be burning more off.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I'm not that light blisters, I'm nearly 9 stone! I eat a lot anyhow!
  • Options
    I was going to add some witty comment, but I think I'll let the lady have the last word.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    That's what my other half says for a quiet life!:o)
  • Options
    Is it not just the calories burned whilst running but the `afterburn' as well. I eat way more than any recommendation I've seen as my body is usually trying to refuel between runs.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Why have I not lost an ounce while training? I don't think I overeat and am trying to stick to healthier snacks, but no weight has dropped off!
  • Options
    I wouldn't have thought there was any weight to lose, particularly if you do circuits and you're all taut muscle.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I've got a taut upper body and legs, but could do with a bit coming off the middle!

That's a point I've not been to circuits for weeks, I might go tomorrow for a change, seeing as I'm having my first rest day from running in 3 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm planning to start going if I can come autumn. Just to see what it's like. I've still got a bit of puppy fat:S
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Yeah right, puppy fat at what age?!

I think mine is more mid... no, it's puppy fat too!
  • Options
    BR let slip out that he will be 25 in less than a week. He's still got milk on his chin!

To think that I'm old enough to be his Dad, and I've got a car older than him. Mind you, he's faster than the car.......

Congratulations on getting to 75 miles in the week, I managed 50. Tomorrow we start all over again!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    It's my easy week blisters so you can go get those miles for me!:o)

This is the plan for this week, which may alter here and there-feel free to comment if you want!

Mon-rest day from running-1hr circuits/swim or nothing-depends on how the day goes!
    Tues-am 5 miles easy, pm 5 miles easy
    Wed-12 miles easy
    Thurs-5 miles threshold pace
    Fri-am 3 miles
    Sat-am 3 miles leg loosener, 5 miles off road race?
    Sun-22 miles easy

Total 60 miles or I could rest on Friday and do 57 miles?

I'm starting to feel I need to do the odd short race to give me confidence to race. I might not do well, but at least I can say that's down to the mileage at the moment. My injury is 98% better, so an off road run(ok it's rough terrain, but that's what I've been doing my long runs on)just might give me a bit of confidence.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Looking at that it doesn't look easy!!

Might have to rethink-not really sure how easy I'm supposed to make this week?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Decided today to do a swim at lunchtime and circuits later.
  • Options
    Blisters, I think you misread a post - I did 25 MILES last week!!

(which would be more than enough for me to get round dressed as Mr Tickle:))
  • Options
    No wonder you were depressed!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    So much for me making this week easy. I've just come back from circuits, which for the first half was running including 150 metre sprints (working with a partner) with an exercise at the end while your partner did their run. Not straight sprints either as they included running up about 50 steps! Then the second half was back at the gym doing more sadistic exercises to strengthen upper body. It's the first time I've felt physically sick for a long while!

Aerobic running is far easier!

Maybe I'll have a day off in the week.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Yesterday did the swim and circuits, which included about 3 mile with some quality running. However, not sure how beneficial any of it is to marathon running?!

Today I've done the first 5 miles of the day at recovery pace on the treadmill. Felt a bit tired, but then I'm not surprised as circuits is always a tough session. Upper body is feeling more fatigued from it though than the legs.

Later I plan on doing the other part of today's seesion, but at the moment I'm contemplating going to my running club and joing them on the short route of a off road run. The only thing is there's also a hill championship race involved, but I'd have to be strong and not get involved (not too difficult the way I feel today)

Mon-rest day from running-1hr circuits/swim or nothing-depends on how the day goes!
    Tues-am 5 miles easy, pm 5 miles easy
    Wed-12 miles easy
    Thurs-5 miles threshold pace
    Fri-am 3 miles
    Sat-am 3 miles leg loosener, 5 miles off road race?
    Sun-22 miles easy

Total 60 miles or I could rest on Friday and do 57 miles?
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hilly, didn't BR recommend a reduction to 2/3 on an 'easy' week? That means you need to ditch another 10 miles from what you've got planned above. There's not a lot of point in taking an 'easy' week if it isn't going to be significantly easier than your normal schedule. The point of an easy week is to allow your body a chance to recover before you push on upwards to the next level of training. I'd cut down to 50 miles this week if I were you (which I'm not, so feel free to tell me to shut up!)

And hey, as a 30-miles a week runner, what do I know anyway??
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    As much as me!! Seeing as I'm normally much lower mileage runner myself!

Thanks Minks, I do need telling you know as I get carried away sometimes!

I suppose I could ditch my run this afternoon and Saturday pm'w 5 miles?

In my head you see I was thinking of carrying on this week and taking a day or two off next week as I'm doing a 5 mile off road race on Saturday evening (which I thought was this week) followed by 18 miles in the Salisbury 5.4.3.2.1 on the Sunday morning. I was then going to call that my easy week as I was having 2 days off before, but if I drop miles this week then I might have to train through those races next week? HELP
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    OK, so what you're saying is that this isn't the ideal week for you to have an 'easy' week because of the 5-mile off-roader on Saturday - is the 18 miles on the Sunday directly following the off-roader or a week on Sunday?

If you feel up for it, why not just make this week a hard week but cut back by 10 miles (as your schedule above does) to compensate for the extra effort expended in the off-roader, then make next week your easy week culminating in the 18 miles on the Sunday? (Assuming I'm correct in thinking that the 18 miles is Sunday week)?

You're as bad as me - I've decided to have an 'easy' week this week as throughout marathon training every third week was a 'step back' week to prepare for the next ramp up in mileage. This worked well for me so I've decided to apply it in training - this means that this week my mileage will go below 30 for the first time in about 5 weeks and I feel that somehow that's not enough (even though I know it will actually help me in the long term).