Options

Hard Training - Dawn (Hilly)

1666768697072»

Comments

• Options
    Hi Hilly and Mike.
    Intersting thread to follow!
    Im a Personal Trainer aged 44 and have just formed a newly affiliated running club within David Lloyd Network, "David Lloyd Pacers".
    I coach different level runners 5 days a week and always staying with the slowest runner to encourage them.I have a marathon pb of 2:56 some 15years ago and my goal is to run a sub 3:15 marathon at London this year. Im running btw 50-70 miles a week with groups and clients and trying to fit in quaility sessions myself ranging from 8 x 4mins hard ( 1min rec )and 1mile effortsx4(2min rec) on my own.
    I do pyramids 30secx2, 1minx2, 90secsx2,2minsx2,3minsx2 and back again /Hills of 40-60secs x8/6mile fartlek once a week with my speed group.
    Ive just run Watford Half Marathon in 1hr 35.
    Do you think running 5 days a week slow/steady with my group will effect my goal of a 3:15 marathon even though I am going 2-3 speed/interval sessions a week?
  • Options
    trainer you may want to repost your question to Mike G. on his Hard Training thread in the FLM section of this forum.

Good luck with the training, although I am no where near as fast as you, I too take out beginners 2 nights a week and would be interested how this effects overall performance and training, do you find it difficult to run your own pace after taking out someone who is alot slower than you, I find it hard.