Options

Staying Healthy

Comments

• Options
    Hi Guys, thanks for the messages - not sleeping (apparently that's a dexamethasone side effect) again! Still, I'm still in one piece - a bit washed out and sickly but still here.

Daisy dog --- oooh, don't get the wrong idea!! hee! The pill is still on the list because we're waiting for hormone receptor tests on the tumour to return - apparently some breast cancer tumours are highly responsive to oestrogen - and the high high high levels of oestrogen in the body during pregnancy would be like major party time for any tumour cells left which might be responsive! So the small amount of oestrogen caused to be there by the pill is minisculein comparison and anyway the one I'm on is a progesterone combined pill so the level is even lower - also I have polycystic ovaries which means oestrogen production is minimal anyway - so what little I'm getting from the pill is hardly worth worrying about (so says the surgeon) and the prevention of pregnancy is more important - not that that's an issue right now :)
  • Options
    Hi Cath

Glad you've got a medical background or how would you ever understand the complicated chemical mix that is your body right now !

Sorry you're not sleeping, sorry your feeling washed out and sickly. Hope you're feeling a bit brighter soon. Are you having weekly chemo ? When's your next dose ?

Sleep tight tonight }o)
  • Options
    Not logging on often just at the moment but I did today. Sorry to hear it's been so rough. Still thinking of you, and the river bit is still all yours. And I saw the kingfisher the other day too.

Away for a week, and I'll still be thinking of you.

Marj
  • Options
    Hang on in there Cath. Brighter times ahead.
  • Options
    Hi Guys

The steroids stopped yesterday so the gad-awful headache has disappeared and hopefully this awful bloaty feeling will go too. I'm still feeling a bit weak and tired but not nearly as bad as Saturday evening. Hopefully later I might take Oscar out for a walk around the field (rather than the park) because it's nearer and less trouble for him to get into (ie.water). We'll see, as you can see, I'm not setting my sights too highly on doing stuff at the moment. I'm just about good for sitting watching TV :)

Marj -- have a nice time away and thanks :)

Barkles -- hopefully. The Dr says that he thinks Sunday/Monday would have been the worst day, myself, I think it was probably Saturday/ Sunday. We'll see. My mian worry in the next 6 months is I hope I don't forget what it fees like to feek well! :)
  • Options
    Cath, I'm sure you won't forget what it feels like to feel well. I'm so sorry to hear that this concoction of drugs is making you feel so unwell when actually they are trying to make you better. I don't know what it must like for you, but all I can say is keep hanging on in there, you sound so strong mentally and that must surely be at least half the battle won.

Thinking of you and praying for you.

Fiona
  • Options
    Hi Cath,
    Glad you are feeling brighter today. You are doing SO well - Compare how you feel today to just two days ago, and thats a massive improvement. You are going through major stuff here you kno, you aren't just going to shrug it off the next day, so take your time. If you only take Oscar round the field today, OK, but you've been out in some fresh air, hes had a walk, and you are starting back down the path to normality. It IS a long path, but you are making them, whereas I think most people would still be in bed under the duvet. You are one amazing lady!

And just to let you know, I signed up for organ donorship today, which I have never got as far as doing. You were so upset at having to come off the list, that I thought I could take your place, so the list is just as long as it was Cath - we've just swapped one 32 year old girlie for another!

Take care of yourself, and your Mr. Hope he is feeling brighter too.
  • Options
    Stumpy --- what a lovely thing to do!! Your post made me cry because yes, it was a huge thing for me and I can't thank you enough and tell you enough just how much that means to me. Mr is much brighter, I packed him off to work today and he's phoned twice and I've just emaile dhim to say am going to have a nap. I did go out with Oscar and he was really good - what would normally take 20 mins took and hour so I don't mind so much at least he had a good run around!

Fiona --- Hopefully, now that I've finished the three days of steroids and the major anti sickness things, the side effects should start to wear off a bit. I don't suppose the tiredness will get much better but at least I'm able to get around and do stuff - as long as I'm pacing myself I find I'm doing okay.

Thanks again guys -- your support here really helps me along through the day and I know I'm not up to running yet but I know that when I am all the support I need will be here. Thankyou so much
    love
    Cath
  • Options
    Cath glad you're feeling a bit better today, take it nice and easy, in six months time you'll be back out and running again, looking at the events to see which races you can aim for, hopefully we'll meet at one of them in the Merseyside area and maybe we'll try this tailgaiting thing thats caused such as stir, (handbags at 40 paces).
  • Options
    Hi Cath - Glad you enjoyed the walk with Oscar, and that he was well behaved! I think sometimes animals know when you just need them to be good. Lets hope it lasts!

As for not being up to running - you will be, 'cos you are a runner, just one that can't at the moment, but you'll be back and amazing us with your acheivements in no time.

Hope your Mr has had a good day at work - you should both sleep well tonight!
    XX
  • Options
    Well done Cath, you're through the first part. Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit better today Cath. And I'm sure it did you good to get out.

Hang on in there !
  • Options
    things can only get better
    thinking of you pet
    xx
  • Options
    Morning Cath
    You should be much better today, hope you are!!
    Think this thread is the most popular on the forum
  • Options
    Morning Cath - hope you don't read this for ages, because you should be asleep! Have a good day.
    X
  • Options
    Cath (and Redhead)
    have been away for a week or so and have only just had the chance to catch up with this thread. Can I just echo what others have said and wish you both all the very best - you are doing so well and you will get through this. Keep up the positive thinking, we are all with you.

Thinking of you
    love Heather :)
  • Options
    Hiya Cath

Beautiful sunny morning down here, hope it's the same for you. I've got quite a nice day today - kids and au pair are at school, hubby's at a meeting and office manager isn't in till tomorrow so I've got the house to myself. Got a small presentation to write and then I've got to make a list of old clients to approach and tell that I'm back to work after a 3 year baby break. And I MUST go for a run. I'm running at Windsor on Sunday and my training is now sooooo non existent.

Hope you're feelinga bit more perky. If you're not then just try to accept it - you don't have to worry about forgetting what it's like to feel well - one day you just will - the body's powers of recovery are truly amazing - especially if it's topped off with a head as sensible as yours.

Have a good day, thinking of you.
  • Options
    Benz & Stumpy -- Have only just got up but am feeling much better today. Glad all the steroids etc are over with although the antibiotics are playing havoc and giving me indigestion (that's taking them with or without food as well). But anyways, yep I'm feeling much better - am off to the hospital this morning to visit the complementary therapist - who is going to give me some "free treatment" which I think translates into an aromatherapy massage - which I think I could do with :)

Thanks Heather and welcome back :)
  • Options
    Daisy -- morning, missed you in posting I think. Yes, the weather is lovely here too :) Should be a good day!
  • Options
    Morning Cath, aromatherapy massage sounds heavenly, lie back and enjoy! Glad you've got sunshine too, it's lovely here in Purley. There was a picture in my paper of a crack in a Liverpool street from that earthquake so watch out for any tremors! Have a good day.
    love
    Susie
    x
  • Options
    Hi Cath - So glad you are feeling brighter - and the aromotherapy massage sounds lovely. Hope you enjoyed it loads. X
  • Options
    Cath/Redhead, love and best wishes to you both. Hope you are both coping ok.

Caroline
  • Options
    OOh you lucky thing!!
    What oils did you have?
  • Options
    Morning Cath

Hope your massage was blissful. Yes I know the NHS has its problems but it can really be brilliant too. I'm glad you're getting such good care.

Have a good day !
  • Options
    Morning Cath
    aromatherapy sounds fab - hope it did the trick. Hope you have a good day today, and Redhead too. A bit of sunshine in London this morning, together with a pleasant walk from Liverpool Street to work due to the tube strike. Nice to see so many people up and walking!

Heather
  • Options
    Hi Cath - how are you feeling this lovely sunny day? Hope you slept like a log last night after your massage. I was out for the count all night - the alarm seemed FAR too early - AND I hadn't been for my run either.

Let us know how you are when you get the chance.

X
  • Options
    Hello there -- sorry about the absence. The complimentary therapy session which I thought was going to translate into a relaxing massage turned out to be an initial assessment of my health and also it turns out the therapist will be using reflexology anyway - apparently they don't use stimulation of upper lymphatic system for cancer patients. (sigh)

So the last couple of days were a bit hard. I'm finding all the medications are making me very uncomfortable tummy-wise and creating as many problems as they're supposed to be relieving (sigh) but having said that, I feel a bit brighter here this morning so I thought I would log in and say "hi".

The sun is shining and it has rained overnight so hopefully if it isn't too muddy I can take Oscar to the field and let him play. We'll see how I get on.
  • Options
    Have a good day Cath.
  • Options
    Good to here from you Cath, wondered where you were yesterday, enjoy your walk with Oscar, lovely day for it.
  • Options
    Hi Cath - Great to hear from you. Sorry you aren't feeling too good, but maybe a stroll with Oscar and some fresh air will help.

What was the verdict with the health assessment, and did they offer any advice with the problems the medication is causing?

As for reflexology, I had a pedicure a few weeks back and could just about cope with the brief massage they gave my feet - they are SO ticklish! Maybe the idea is based on Laughter therapy! Either way, hope it made you feel a bit better.

Have a good day,
    Liz
    X