Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Hi Tracey, that was a good run! I hope you get your Sussex number sorted. I still don;t know where I will be that weekend so will scout about for a number a bit nearer the time.

Back in the cold UK now, got back yesterday afternoon, if felt cold, dark and horrid. Feel happier today though, it has been a lovely sunny day here.

Need to get out for a run soon, been too many days since I last ran, if I don't shape myself I will be as knackered at Brighton as I was last time!!

I'm sure Bootsie will have got their fine and just lost your number Tracey image

• Options
    TS - Better watch out that you don't catch a cold with the change in temperature. More worried about our post being next door. Don't like the idea that our bank/credit card statements could be next door.
  • Options
    Tracey, not got my Sussex Beacon pack yet either.  Just posted on the event thread to ask if anyone's got theirs yet.
  • Options
    I answered you on there. I have sent them and email today asking what date they were posted.
  • Options

Hope you get your post back Tracey, how did you find out your postie  had posted it next door?

• Options

I wouldn't worry Tracey.  The event organisers were going to post the numbers after February 1st - Feb 2nd and 3rd were so snowy in Brighton that I doubt if this was done.  I would expect your number on Mon or Tues.

• Options

I saw him knocking at next doors house and I told him no one lived there. Then he told me what he had done. I don't know how we are going to get our post back unless the own gets of his backside and comes and gets it from next door. There is nothing the police can do. I don't have the owns phone number the estate agent will not give it to me. I said the post office will have pay for a land search to find the own of next door. I just a pain in the back side.

Btw Bill in my running club has not got his Sussex Beacon number yet.

• Options

Evening - hectic day here with the kids, but they're now safely despatched off home.

I haven't got my number either Tracey, so I sholdn't be worried about that.  As LTSA said, it was very snowy here in Brighton on Monday, the day they were going to send them.  And, in any case, they are sending them second class, so could take ages.

My MiL had a very upsetting night last night.  Just hope she's okay tonight.  At 3am she had to lads hammering on her door to let them in.  She lives on the ground floor of a council block.  It has security doors, but they never shut properly at the best of times and with all this damp weather they are quite swollen.  They were hammering for almost an hour before she called the police, who were very good and turned up within minutes.  A policewoman went in with MiL and the man stayed outside looking for them.  A neighbour who I spoke to today heard the commotion and was just coming out when he saw the policeman catch the two of them.  That's put MiL's mind at rest a bit.

We asked her if she wanted one of us to stay with her tonight, or if she wanted to stay here, but she said she's got to do it on her own sooner or later so she'd rather get it over with tonight.  We've asked all the neighbours to make sure the security doors are closed when they come and go and the one who saw the two get caught has given MiL his number so she can call him if she's worried at any time.

We were cross that she didn't call Mr L straight away, but as she said, you never know if they're carrying knives or anything and she would be distraught if he got injured because she'd called him out.  I know what she means, but still feel guilty that she didn't feel she should call us.

I'm going to be straight on the phone to the council on Monday morning demanding that they get the doors sorted out.  They have been "on the list" for weeks now and nothing has been done.  I'm really going to let them have it when I speak to them.  In a nice way, of course, you never get anything done if you go OTT so I will just have to keep my cool, but make sure they are aware of how serious the situation could have been.

Right, off to put my feet up now.

Hmmmm, wonder how the Scottish party is going tonight?????imageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    Lyndy - do you want to sort out the post office for me. It is a nighmare, data protection act will be involved in it to.
  • Options

It's the Royal Mail's legal obligation to ensure that the post is delivered to the correct address, therefore they should be the ones sorting it out.  Don't get the Post Office confused with The Royal Mail, they are not the same thing.  It's no good complaining to the Post Office, it's got to be The Royal Mail.  Have you looked at their website.  I'm sure there should be some information there that would help you. Royal Mail.  There is probably an ombudsman you could contact as well. The information should be on the RM website.  Good luck.

• Options

Lyndy - I reported it to the Royal Mail and I have a complaint reference number. They have passed it on to my local sorting office manager. It is meant to be ringing me at some stage.

• Options

Blimey - what a polaver just because your postie wasn't on the ball, Tracey. Hope it gets sorted for you.

Well, I have my noooooo car! Lovely it is too. I'm rather excited to go for a bit of a pootle about in it tomorrow - so far only had time to get a quick couple of miles in. Still, it's outside the house now so I'm pleased that it's here!

On the car note - I'm looking to sell my little Polo. If anyone would be interested in a reliable, economical little car or has sons/daughters etc. looking for a first car, give me a yell. Will be a good price.

Sales pitch over!

I can't tell you all how much I'm looking forward to running tomorrow in a race! It seems like a lifetime ago that I trawled around Brighton (and was overtaken by all other sub 5ers who were there as I had such a torrid time!) so I'm glad to feel a bit like having my running mojo back. Won't be worrying about a PB or anything like that - just want to see what this ravaged body can do since Dumpling's stay (and exit!)!

Dave, hope you're starting to feel better?

Lyndy, how awful for your MiL - will be thinking of her tonight so hope it's a settled one for her.

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Delia,

i can remember walking up the (only) hill in at Brighton last year with you and you saying how bleurgh you were feeling and a bit porky - and now we know why!! image

How are things Chez Delia this evening, Mr Delia crowing?? I so thought Pompey had it image

How awful for you MiL Lyndy! Hope it was just a one off.
  • Options

Morning all

Tracey - what a nightmare - hope you get it sorted.

Lyndy - hope Mil is okay?

Delia - enjoy your run today!

I hope to get out there for a run today if OH comes back from hos weekend away before it gets dark and snows again!

• Options

Morning all.

Delia - Have a great run.

Lyndy - I hope your m-i-l got a good nights sleep. It was nice of her neighbour to give him his number.

My legs know that they did 16 miles yesterday. I woke up with achy legs at 4am this morning.

• Options

Morning all

Have a good run Delia.

• Options
    Cinders - are you going to do a marathon?
  • Options
    Lyndy - have you been for your run yet?
  • Options

Dunno if anyone cares, but...

This morning I did the 'Friendship' 11k race in Kings Park. It was a up-and-downy 2 lapper, which I did in 11.5 min/mile. I NEED 12.25 min/mile or less for the first half of the Shakespeare, so this made me feel quite good that I might be able to do it..

But it hurt. My right foot hurt, and I assumed I'd have a blister, but I don't (though I still have a very sore bit).

Plus my hips hurt, which they don't normally.

Plus my laces came undone, so I had to stop and re-tie them. On my old shoes, I always tied a double knot, to avoid this. But these new shoes (Mizuno, which I only bought on Wednesday) have laces which I am not sure willl stretch to tie another knot. I will have to try tomorrow.

So, some good bits, some bad bits!

• Options

Well done Flumptious that's brilliant.  Don't forget to stretch - should help the hips and think about the socks you wear if you've got sore feet.  You can always buy longer laces.

I didn't have much luck with the Royal Mail a couple of years ago when race chips had been stolen from envelopes I and a few running mates had been sent.  You could tell the chip had been inside the envelopes becuase their was an impression left behind and the corner of the envelope had been slit with a knife.  I had to fill in various forms but they didn't want to know because the chip itself was only worth £2 or thereabouts.  They didn't seem to be interested that there was a thief at the Royal Mail offices.  Mind you, I had to smile at the thought of them getting out these race chips and wondering what they were and what they could do with them! 

Did 6 mile tempo run this morning with the 16 year old daughter of a friend.  With 12 miles yesterday, feel a bit tired now - just about enough energy to tuck into a roast dinner image

• Options

LTSA - It is the thought of someone doing ID thief with our bank/credit card statements that worries us. Also as there are more house for sale or up for rent this could be a problem for other people. I estate agent will not give out phone details to me or the Royal Mail, so it is going to be a pain in the bum.

Flump - Well done on your race today and we are all interested in each other on here.

• Options

LTSA - well done on your mileage this weekend. I was so knackered I wanted to go to bed at 8pm last night. Andre didn' want to go to sleep, he was still up at 11pm.

• Options

Hellooooo everyone.  Lovely day here, but still putting off my LSR until tomorrow.  Bet the weather changes.  I woke up with a killer of a headache and sinus ache, that's why I'm giving LSR a miss today. Headaches gone, but I'm feeling a bit giddy.  Hope it's gone soon.  It feels like I'm a bit drunk, but had a very sober evening last night and was in bed by 11.45 which is very unusual for us at a weekend.

Sounds like you had a pretty successful race Flumptious.  I second what LTSA said, get some longer laces.  I would also check how tight the laces are around the sore point.  You may need to tighten/loosten them around there.  It drives me mad when I have to undo my laces to attach a chamionchip as I have to have my shoes quite loose around the forefront, but tighter near the ankle.  I get them just right then have to undo it all for the championchip.

LTSA - where's all this running coming from. Thought you said you would be struggling at Brighton.  I think not image.  Cinders - you still struggling like me out there.  There's 3,500 in the race.  Reckon I'll be near the 3,499th finisher - don't want to be last now do I image

MiL had an undisturbed night as far as the intruders are concerned, but was still awake at 4am.  She eventually got up and sat in her chair with the telly on and fell asleep straight away.  Says she slept undisturbed then until 9.40 so she did eventually get a good night's sleep. Hopefully now that first night is out of the way she'll be okay now.  OH reminded her that she's lived in the flat for nearly 50 years and this is the first time there's been any trouble.

Every Saturday evening one of MiL's friends visits her and they sit and watch the TV together. When she went home, despite me asking all the neighbours to make sure the outside doors are closed, the door was ajar!!! image  Why can't people make sure security doors are closed properly imageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Well done Flumptious.

Lol Lyndy, I'll just take it very slow, might fight you for that 3,4999th place image

Tracey, yes, thinking of doing a mara but not sure which one, want something at least September time.

Wonder how Delia got on......

• Options

Glad all was ok for your MiL last night, Lyndy, despite soeone leaving the security door open.

Hope Delia's race went well - report please!

Great mileage this week-end from Tracey & LTSA.

Good racing , Flumptious!

Managed 11 today, but legs didn't really want to play after 7 miles. Think they have got used to 6 mile runs, and didn't expect or want to go further.

• Options

Lindylou - I'm trying to stick to a 3 runs a week schedule pre FLM and I missed Thursday's run due to a sore back.  I'm helping a friend out who has a stressed 16 year old, preparing for GCSEs and having lots of grief from her dad ( he and her mum are going through a very messy divorce ).  It isn't a relaxing run when I run with friend's daughter but all I have to do is listen to her woes.  I'm very slow though.  The 12 miles on Saturday took me 2 hours 35 mins image

Glad MiL is OK.  My mum's just put her house on the market and wants to move into a 'managed' flat because she feels vulnerable living on her own.  Not a good feeling.

• Options
    LTSA - RW says that you should do a Sub 5hr 12 mile run in 2hr 35mins, so you did ok.
  • Options

Evening all!

I managed 12 miles this afternoon, but like Diana, really didn't want to continue after about 6 miles! The weather was terrible, wind, sleet, hail and rain. Still feeling a bit shivery now!

Good run LTSA!

Hope everyone else had a good day?

• Options
    Rest day for me today image  We've got sner again tonight image