Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options

Happy 2 months old to baby Dumpling and a big well done on sleeping through image Bet mummy is very pleased with you

• Options
    Lyndy - so it is me and you doing our plodding tomorrow.
  • Options
    Err - no.  Change of plan.  Got the 4 kids tomorrow as DiL is spending all her time at the hozzie. Her partner is still in intensive care on a respirator.  He was taken off for a time yesterday, but then suddenly deteriorated so they had to re-sedate him and put him back on.  Hope I can get out on Sundayimage
  • Options
    Lyndy - Can't Mr L look after them for an hour while you have a plod?
  • Options

I'm hoping to do 12 miles tomorrow.  Missed my second run this week due to sore back but all seems well now.

Wasn't it this time last year you moved house as well Delia?

I've got fingers and everything else crossed for a safe and comfortable journey for Bootsie and her pals.

• Options
    Err 4 kids, 10, 7, 6 and 3 - he'd not be white haired any more, he'd be bald with tearing his hair out,  He's too soft with them, they need grandma to make sure they don't get away with murder.
  • Options
    Lyndy - he should take them down the pub and just sit in the corner and get sozzled while they pig out on coke and crispsimage Bet he could manage that lol
  • Options

Roobs - how is your cold?

• Options

Why, you offering to accompany him Roobs image  Actually we are going to take them to the pub.  We're going to go to the carvery tomorrow afternoon.  Paul, Kirsty, Chloe and Ellie are coming too - more kids!!!!!

It's chaos outside here.  OH said the road to the seafront was closed (the one we walked down to the Brighton half, not the one to the Marina) when he came home from work at 6.  It was still closed at 7.  Just had a look and it's still chaos.  All the traffic from the seafront is being diverted past our flat.  Just checked on the local paper website and it's because the bomb squad is investigating an abandoned suitcase in the middle of the road.  Been closed since 4.30.  Wonder who's lost their luggage on the way to/from the Newhaven Ferry or a Brighton hotel image

• Options

trouble with router again so not been online for 24h

still no running for me - only running i'm doing is a temperature on and offimage, last run was saturday. not going to be good for brighton - had hoped to do 12 miles this weekend but not looking likely for any runningimageimageimagesuppose it's better to rest and get better so that i can actually get to brighton....

delia i am impressed with jack's sleeping - none of my four slept through until at least six months.

been snowing on and off here but only very very cold rain this pm...brrrrr, hot bath for meimage

please be careful outside tomorrow any hardy runners and travellers 

• Options

Hi Guys

I'm not sure if I've posted here before. I am * hoping* to run the Shakespeare Marathon in April. It has a 6 hour cut-off.

The RW programe says as a sub 5-hour person, now I should be run/walking 12miles at the weekend. I do, but it's all 'running'. Slow running, but definitely not walking with running.

Can't I just 'run' very slowly?

Flump

• Options

Morning all

Got up early for LSR this morning....but more snow and ice...too risky to go out. Probably won't be ba;e to do LSR this weekend now as OH is going awayimage HM on 8th March not looking good, only one LSR (10 miles) in the last 4 weeks.

Flump - welcome! Good luck with your Mara training. I usually jog slowly for the "walk" bits - but do walk when drinking.

• Options

Morning,

Welcome, Flump. The idea of run/walk is the start the walk bits before you need to as that enables you to keep going for longer. I suppose it really depends on whether you intend to run or run/walk your mara.

Any news from bootsie?

• Options

Morning all,

No news from boostsie. I did give her my mobile number thou.

Flump - Welcome. Is your running coming in at the pace you are meant to do the run/walk. It does get harder the further you run. I have never managed a run pasted 14 miles without a bit of a walk.  You are also meant to do your long runs slower than your marathon pace.

• Options

oh well

Brands Hatch  half was cancelled last night.... bad times.....  however

got in from wrok feeling shivery, sore throat and aching muscles so maybe it was a blessing in disguise...... good times

What do you guys do if your feeling rough? Am tempted to go out and do multiple laps locally so if I feel rough I can get back easily, but the other more sensible side ( or is that lazy) says drink hot drinks, stay in bed and let it pass, otherwise may make it worse.....  so run or nor run....theres only one way to find out............!!!!

• Options

Hi Tracey.

The RW plan doesn't give a pace for the Run/Walk. I did it at just over 13min/mile (and I have to do 12.25 for 11.85 miles at the Shakespeare to be allowed onto the 2nd lap). I am encouraged by the fact that I am staying in Perth, Australia, for a few months, where it is hot and hilly. I hope that I will go faster back in England, where I won't have to deal with hills and heat! (The Shakespeare's supposed to be reasonably flat).

• Options

Flump,

The RW FLM Garmin Sub 5hrs give a time of 2hrs 35 mins for a 12 mile long run.  You could run for a minute every mile.

• Options
    Dave - The way you are feeling now you will not manage a long run, probably a short one but is it worth it. That the question you have to ask yourself. How far are you meant to be running this weekend?
  • Options

Hi Flumptious and welcome. Training to improve from 13mm to 12.25 sounds feasible to me. Good luck with it!

Diana B, hope you do feel better soon - it's a shame you won't be up to tomorrow's little plod at the David Lloyd...

So, another good night from Dumpling - 8.30pm - 6am. It's just a shame that Mr D was out 'til 3.30 this morning so I didn't sleep properly 'til he was home and now I'm up and about with the little monkey while he snores upstairs!

Should be getting the noooooo car today. Fingers crossed.

No plod for me today but I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's 5k race. I'm not going for a PB or anything - just going to see what my post Dumpling speed is like!

Dave - sorry to hear about Brands Hatch but, as you say, maybe a blessing in disguise. As for your choice to run or not, I'd go with not. Better to miss one day, dose yourself up with some paracetamol and get some hot drinks in you to get rid than risk feeling ill for the rest of the week and having to miss all your planned runs. That's what I'd do anyway!

• Options

Well.....was supposed to be a half marathon...so thirteen miles. Trouble is all the pavements rond my way were still icy all week, so never got out at all in the week...and cancelled the gym last year as I wasnt getting there at all, so no treadmill

Lasr run was a comfortable 10 mile last Sunday.....think I'll just take it easy today....have always been prone to chest infections so makes sense not to go out.......next half ive entered is Hastings in mid march so will certainly be back with the miles under my belt by then.....

on a good point still not had a drink since 1st Jan..!!

• Options

Delia - I bet you are excited about tomorrow. I am excited for you.

My legs are feeling achy. Maybe it is FLM madness at today is my longest run since Beachy Head marathon. Am going to take it nice and slow.

• Options
    Dave - Well done on not drinking. Have you lost any weight?
  • Options

Dave, I'd rest up and let pass.  Don't want to make yourself worse.

Go Delia for tomorrow image

• Options

Dave stay in and look after yourself. Then hopefully you will be better and ready to run when the pavements have cleared!

Flumptious, I don't think it matters if you run rather than run/walk if you keep it nice and slow and steady.

Quite clear and bright here today, but cols, I'm sure. Managed 6 miles with the club last night, so NRD today then a longer run tomorrow, of about 10 miles I think. That will be the longest for quite some while!

• Options
    Flumptious - if you are doing that pace in training you will find that you go quicker in a race
  • Options

Dave - rest up and then see how you feel tomorrow.  Is the cold in your head or in your chest?  Head = slow run.  Chest + temperature = no run.

Hello Flumptious.  I'd build in a 2 minute walk every half an hour so you can rehydrate and eat jelly babies or what ever.  I did the Shakespeare marathon last year and ran the second lap on my own!  I hadn't done a lot of training - missed out the mid week runs - and finished in 5 hours 50 mins.  If you can, I would find someone who is running it at about your speed and run together.  I found it a bit lonely.  Well organised race though....and I wasn't last, though my bag was the last one left in the baggage hut being looked after by boy scouts image

Beautiful sunny day here.  The sea was calm and the fishermen had been out - fresh cod for tea!  Did 12 miles and my back feels fine.

• Options

HI Sally Anne....

Feels like a bit of both...heard hat before    above the neck ok....below dont run....so may as well enjoy the TV...give it a couple of days!

Lost about half a stone since Jan Tracey....must admit thought it may have been more with extra running and no booze......seeing as it was up to two bottles of red a night before Christmas, thats not a bad stopping rate....

Oh well....kids want to watch a movie, im in my comfy chair.....think ill let it start and close my eyes..!!

• Options
    Has anyone received their Sussex Beacon race pack. The reason is today the postman put our mail in next door letter box. and that house is a rented house and now one lives in it. I rang the estate agents and he rang the landlord and he is not answering his phone. The estate agent don't have the keys to the house. We got my m-i-l OH to ring estate agents for a booking and they said it was already let. We are stuff. Very worried about our post.
  • Options
    I did my 16 miles but my heart was not in it today. I left too late after trying to sort out the above, so I ran out of fuel.