Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    Lyndy - How did you get on with the back lady?
  • Options
    Well done Dave.
  • Options

Got on well with the back lady, although she didn't stick any needles in my bum this time.  Think it was because she had someone observing and it's not the norm with Chiropractic, just an extra she does.  I'm going back again next Wednesday and have booked a massage with the Sports Therapist for the day after Sussex.

Why don't you come round here and we can walk to the start together Tracey.  If Roobs doesn't stay the weekend she is still parking her car here and walking with me.  I'm gong to leave earlier this year though.  We left it much to late last year to meet up with everyone.  Race starts at 9.45 and I reckon it's about 20 minutes walk so will probably want to leave here around 8.45 to give us plenty of time to visit the loos etc.

Good move getting the train LTSA.  Much easier than trying to park your car and easy to walk down from the station to the start.

Err - did you sign yourself up for the Sussex Dave???

• Options
    Lyndy - There are two toilet blocks in our campsite and I will be visiting both of them on the way out lol.
  • Options

hi all just wanted to update you to let you know that there is no stress fracture!! woohoo! MRi came back fine but consultant said i  need to see a podiatrist to get some support for my trainer to prevent anything nasty happenin.

anyway sking was amazing as predicted and im back in one piece so all good! just bought a nasty cold back with me so only wnet on my foirst run todaay.. is good to be doing it again, ive had 2 weeks off! cant believ i missed it!

anyway hope all are ok.. xx

• Options

Glad to hear you're back safe Emma and had a great time.  Good news about the stress fracture too.

Tracey - I always seem to spend ages queueing for the loo - even when I don't need to.  It's the only time I wish for a certain appendage to get it over with quickly and more discreetly.  You always see loads of blokes disappearing over the shingle towards the sea for a quick wee or up against a bush / wall in other races.  It's more complicated for us laydees image

Oh dear - LTJ not pleased - someone in the wrong shirt has just scored a goal thinghy.

• Options

You can go again here Tracey image

Good news Emma. Glad the skiing was good.  Back to the real world and running now image

• Options

Cross post LTSA.

Know what you mean about the appendage. Having said that I'm not averse to finding a bush if I have to.  Think Brighton beach is a little bit too open though so it will have to be a queue for the loo. 

I think one of the funniest sights of the London Marathon is all the men lined up agains the wall relieving themselves straight after crossing the start line.  There's always hundreds of them.

• Options
    Lyndy - It is such a long walk from our campsite I am sure I will need to use your loo.
  • Options
    It's surprising how far it is from the campsite to the entrance.  Hope you can make it that farimage
  • Options

Lyndy - I might have to get a taxi image

Morning all.

• Options
  • Options

Morning all

Slept a bit better last night but still tired and coldy...also have a sore ankle. Hoefully the massage today will help! No running since Sundayimage

(((Bootsie))) - hope you are feeling better today? I have symptoms of raynauds along with the Lupus. Not pleasant at all.

Emma - good news ..pleased you enjoyed the skiing!

Morning Tracey and Slugsta!

• Options

Morning all.

We're not able to stop after the race, got to dash back for a birthday party!  Would love to meet up at the start though, so many people to meet for the first time image

Welcome  back Emma

• Options

Morning everyone

(((((MWW & Bootsie)))))

Now that's taking the pi$$ Tracey image

Ellie Belly day today and picking the other kids up from school so 5 for tea and baths.  Welcome to the madhouse.

DiL's partner took a turn for the worse on Monday night, but yesterday they took him for a CT scan and found an abcess on one of his lungs.  They did an endoscopy and managed to get a piece for sending to the lab and are now also giving him a 3rd antibiotic!!!  The cardio thorasic team are taking a look at him this afternoon and we'll have to wait and see what they want to do about the abcess.  They've also managed to get a chest drain in the other lung and got litres of fluid out of that, so hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.  Fingers crossed. It's been over 2 weeks now and every time they've tried to get him off sedation he's gone mad.  Not surprising with all that going on in his lungs.

• Options

morning all! had to wear ski gloves to work grrr.. still barely ale to type cause my fingers are all numb!!!!! MWW i heard thats a common side affect.. its horrible.. will see what the doctor says anyawy. either way would really want to start running this evening!!

Lyndy that all sounds like a plan.  Am up for going for one after but can't hang around cause its OH's nephews birthday in crawley and we are getting back for that.. going to get food in brighton but has to be chips on the peir!!! love them! and its my reward for getting around! 

• Options

Yum, chips on the pier.  That sounds a good idea, I'll have to find something before we head off too.

Mad day coming up for you Lyndy.  Sorry to hear that DIL's partner is still so ill. 

• Options

Chips on the pier sounds okay, there's the kiosks at the entrance to the pier, or there is a fish and chip restaurant on the pier itself where you can get a drink as well if you want.

Any other suggestions anyone???

• Options

Lyndy - Not got a drink problem then image Sorry that was a bit low.

Bernard rang the Royal Mail. Their idea of compensation is 6 First Class stamps. You can complain for every missing letter. They are not over doing it on the money front.

• Options
    back from the doctors.  He said i have chill blains on my toe but i can start running again yay! He has given me tablets i can try taking to see if they help, specially for skiing!! so kinda good news.. no way to solve it but a little bit of help!
  • Options
    Lol.  Hi Delia image
  • Options
    It is hard work Delia trying to get you and little man ready to go out anywhere.
  • Options

Evening

Definitely fish and chips image

And it looks as though I may be doing FLM for Lyndy's charity VICTA. I had an email Tuesday although I only found it today due to feeling so rough so I've mailed them back saying I would love the place if its still available. Found out the other day that my firm double the sponsorship up to £500 which will give me a headstart!!! image  Although I don't know how much I have to raise anyway yet!!!! I'll wait to see what the reply is before I start planning.

So that could be Lochaber on 19th and FLM on 26th. Doing a half on 5th so it looks as though it could be an action-packed month! Bradley needs the extra money anyway for his holiday in May image

• Options

Hey Roobs,

Thats the same charity I'm running for too....so if you still fancy " Farting" some lunchtimes let me know!

• Options
    Roobs - That is so exciting. You don't fancy doing Halstead marathon as well. That would be 3 in 3 weeks image
  • Options
    Roobs - it's £950 you have to raise imageimageimageimageimage  The party is definitely at the back of the Red start this year imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

Blimey Roobs,

If your considering 3 in 3 then a lunchtime jog would be a walk in the park for you

• Options

Hiya Dave - I am getting over all these lurgies now so will be up for a FART next week for definite. I'll take my gear in with me Monday and buzz you to arrange a run next week image

For those who don't know about FARTing its Fetchies Along the River Thames image Dave and I actually work within spitting distance of each other it turns out.

Blimey - £950 isn't too much to raise really is it compared to what some of the other charities ask. As soon as I get confirmation I have the place, I'll get on to work and find out about getting money from themimage

The best party is always at the back image I will start there and I will remain there image especially a week after my pb attempt at Lochaber.

I've also entered Loch Ness image Like a nut image Debstir's OH is doing it too and its his birthday the next day so it would be rude not to go for a drink with him eh? Best look for somewhere to stay now.

• Options

Are you all running the Beacon half then??

Im looking for something to do in Feb, following Brands Hatch being cancelled and this seems to be one of the few events going....any tips suggestions etc?