Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options

Hello all

It has been a crazy few weeks with children doing exams and trying to support them all! I have done some running, hopeing to make it to 8 miles tomorrow, allso been rowing and generally trying to get fit again!

I have a place in BrightonMarathon next year, also offered a charity place for London...what are the chances of doing both??? Am I mad to vene contemplate it?image

Hope you are all running on...image

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

MWW - Roobs will be doing both image

My legs are shit after yesterday's track session. Am impressed that I did 2 x 400m at 6:54 pace and 800m at 8:00 pace???? Happy Days

• Options

Tracey - WOW...those intervals are amazingimage

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

MWW - my legs still fill it thou

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

I pulled something during the track session image Still not 100% so I had to ditch my long run today. I may try tomorrow but if not I will have to do it on Tuesday instead image

• Options

Morning all

Roobs - I hope you are feeling better today?

I had my best rub in months this morningimage Managed 5 miles before work, included some fartlek and didn't feel as much like death as I have over the past few weeks!

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

MWW, doing both marathons is easily done, what you have to do is decide which one  you will run easy and which one you will 'go for'.  I would suggest Brighton for your faster one and London as the gentler one and enjoy the atmosphere!

Tracey - flipping 'eck!! 

What are you 'training' for Roobs?  Hope your 'pull' is easing?

I have got through for the Houston Half Marathon in Jan (they run it will the marathon, you just take a different route part way along the course), it's a good race and well supported - though nowhere near as good as London!  So that's 2 races I have entered, both half's (should that be halvesimage ), both in Houston, one in Oct and one in Jan.  Shall have to look for a couple of races over the summer to get some practice in image

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Did Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs this morning image

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Well done TS image

And well done Tracey image

TS - I'm in training for Loch Ness on 29th September image Got a score to settle image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Wow Roobs, you're doing a full marathon a month before I do a half and I am nowhere near ready even for that!!  Saw your run today didn't go too well, hope it improves soon image

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Morning all

Dragged Bernard and his doggy back out for a mile run yesterday in 37:02.

• Options

Morning all

TS - If I decide to go for both maras, brighton will be the focus as you suggestimage well done on enetring the two HM's!

Roobs - hope your "pull" feels better today?

Tracey - LOL..well doneimage

I have only run once this week, hubby has been away and middle daughter still needing a lot of care, not much sleep for a few nights now. Hope to get middle daughter to her prom for a short while this evening so she can see some of her school friends that she hasn't really seen for a couple of years. Hubby should be home tonight, so hope to run tomorrow and then planning an a weekend away with some girly friends, going to see Robbie williams in Wembly on Saturdayimage

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Enjoy Robbie MWW image

I'm back running but got shin splints now, grrrr!

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Enjoy Robbie MWW image

Ouch Cinders image

I have decided to give my leg another couple of days rest. I ran on Wednesday and it was a bit painful. I'll run on Sunday now.

• Options

Bet you don't Roobs - I've seen what you're up to today image xx

• Options

Proved me wrong.  Well done on your run yesterday Roobs image

Just done my first mile in 6 months.  Got to start somewhere I suppose image

• Options

Hello all

Lyndy - well done on your run...fantasticimage

Roobs - hope your run went well?

I only managed one run last week, my daughter took up a lot of time and OH was away! Had a lovely weekedn away, and enjoyed Robbie and Ollie on Saturday. Went out for a 4 mile run beofre work...a bit tired now!

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Been to Spin class at lunchtime - running with the club tonight.  Got to get my ass in gear to start some longer distances - will try to do one this week sometime 

Good run Roobs!

A mile's better than nothing Lyndy!  How was your holiday?

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Roobs - you did fantastic running in that heat that you don't like.

Lyndy - we down in Brighton on Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning ????

Ran Horndon on the Hill 10k on Sunday in 1:02:27, the heat got to me????

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

TS - well done on your spin class????Hope running club went well

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Helloooooo everyone!

Had a busy weekend. Our firm is one of the sponsors of Pride in London and Brad, his friend Abby and I got to march in the parade image We led it image Was so much fun.

Then yesterday I ran 12 miles in all that heat; I thought I was going to melt! I was so slow but at least I did it. All miles in the bank eh?

Then I had to come home and sort out the housework as I fly off to Tunisia on Wednesday evening for a week with Brad. My other son, James, his partner and all the kids (5 of them) are going too but the kids don't know we're going image Can't wait to see their faces image

• Options

Morning

Off to Peterborough at the weekend Tracey so won't be around image

Holiday was brilliant TS.  Didn't do anything at all just lazed around on the sunbeds all day.  Well almost.  We did go into Side a few times had lunch there on our own one day which was probably the best steak I've ever had and as it was Mr L's birthday and our wedding anniversary we went in again to another restaurant with three of the entertainments staff we knew from Sharm.  Again, another lovely meal. Hotel was so relaxing we just couldn't be bothered to do anything else.  We had planned on doing a couple of trips but it was too hot to venture out on a coach trip.

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Sounds like you had a lovely time Lyndy, have to say I can't laze on sunbeds for more than a day or so, get too bored and need to be off doing stuff image  Just what you needed though by the sounds of it image

Roobs, lovely idea, bet you will have a fabulous holiday!  Lovely family get together.

Tracey, it may have been more than the heat on Sunday, I think the clue is in the race name - Horndon HILL??image  I think I would be reasonably happy with that time in a 10k at the mo.

I am not sure as doing a spin class at lunchtime and then running in the evening is such a good idea?!  Running was quite difficult to start with, my legs felt like lead but it did ease off as we went on.  5 miles at sub 10 again so quite good but one of the drawbacks is that we regroup every mile or so, so I am getting a breather which I guess is not giving a true representation of my pace.  Will do the runs on my own at a non stop pace albeit a lot slower.

Big problem last night, I borrowed Mr TS' heart rate monitor which he uses on the bike, it links to the iphone, anyway to cut a long story short the connector bit on the front which sits right between/under my boobs chafed - ow ow ow!  Didn't feel it till about 4 miles but then it was awful and I went to move it not knowing it was chafing and scratched the chafe - nearly cried!!! image  Won't be wearing that again!  Made sure I have a comfy bra on today!

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Well done on the run Lyndy image You too MWW.

Ouch to the chafing TS!

Good run in the heat Tracey and it's a good time too.

2 miles for me, changed my trainers and shins seem ok now!

• Options

Morning all

Lyndy - sounds like you had a lovely holidayimage

Roobs - have a great time in Tunisiaimage

TS - sounds painful..I know what you mean about the spin class!

Tracey - well done on your 10Kimage

I was going to run this morning, but not feeling too good, a touch of the lurgy caught from my son I think! I did a spin class on Monday night and went rowing last night, probably best to take a rest day and hope I can run tomorrow!

• Options

We usually get bored just lazing around all day TS, but it was just soooo hot that the thought of treking off to see the sights somewhere just made us want to laze around even more. Didn't even get to walk along the beach anywhere, which we said we were going to do every day, but somehow never managed it.

Hoping to get another run in today but had a problem with my back yesterday.  I had to go and pick up a loan car while mine was in the garage having a new radiator.  Set off to do a very gently run/walk, but it was vibrating through my back so much I only managed a few yards.  When we were on holiday I stretched out to reach for the beach bag and the sunbed tipped up.  I put my arm out to stop it and think I must have pulled/twisted something. Didn't notice it at the time, but that night it started hurting.  Just keeping myself dosed up now and hopefully it will soon go away.

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Careful with your back there then Lyndy.  

Houston is like that in Summer, too hot to do any outdoor exercise, some people do but it's not for me.

Going to a circuit training class this morning so that should be good, hopefully not too many sit ups or such likeimage

Chafing injury is actually quite painful, it took off the first few layers of skin so looking quite scabby at the mo image  I worked out it's because I have quite a big protruding rib cage so instead of the band laying flat around my chest it was sort of on an angle and therefore every step obviously rubbed/pushed it down against the bone!  Will not ever be wearing that again!  

Popped into Southampton yesterday and Debenhams had a blue cross sale on so got 3 or 4 bits of running/gym gear, then as I was walking back, the running shop had a sale on so got 3 bits in there.  But in saying that both pairs of capri leggings are wrong, one too tight and the other too big.  Will have to make a trip back again now image  

• Options

Didn't get out for a run today cos I spent the afternoon cleaning MiL's oven.  Still, back feels okay considering I've been on my hands and knees with my head stuck in an oven for two hours or more image

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

You have all been busy.

Ran Hilly 5 in Hainault forest this evening in 49:16. It has 3 hills one after the other that you do twice as its a 2 lap course. 

• Options

image  Going to be such a lovely sunny weekend and I'm of to Peterborough.  Will be stuck indoors most of the time with ALL the doors and windows closed cos she can feel a draft!!!!!!!!  I can feel a severe case of claustrophobia coming on already!!!!imageimageimage