Options

Kent Coastal Marathon

Comments

• Options
    This thing still on, Bu$$er, best go and do some jogging in preperation!
  • Options
    Ashley, thanks you're a star.
  • Options
    Not me, I am running, its the rest of the family that will be doing all the work and cheering everyone on!

I will confirm tomorrow as the whole 'Smithfamily support crew' are staying at my place tonight. If it goes to plan there will be a minimum of three adults and three kids. In previous years it has been greater as many of the outlaws nieghbours have come out to cheer us on as well.
  • Options
    Hi David,

One friend of mine has sent an e-mail to marathonrace@thanetroadrunners.org.uk, as he wants to run the KCM, and hasn't sent the entry form yet. Should he call instead?

Cheers.

-E-
  • Options
    JJ - that's cos I had 'Shiney Shoes'!
  • Options
    Hi, I've just checked the list of entrants for the marathon and the half. I sent in 2 forms together: my daughter Anna Brook entered for the HALF MARATHON and myself Tony Cornah entered for the FULL MARATHON (Anna's there to ensure I don't tire myself out by setting off too fast!). However we're both down for the HALF. Could you change my registration to the FULL please.

Thanks, Tony Cornah
  • Options
    Ed,

Hopefully I've replied to him if he has enquired by email. He can call to be sure.

Tony,

I'll forward it on to the entries clerk :-)

Cheers

djb
  • Options
    ...will I?
    ...won't I?
    ...will I?

Damn! I have finally run out of petals on my daisy...

I am entered....

Come on hamstring....PULL!!!!
  • Options
    Hi "David Bennett 2",
    I have seen your reply - thanks for the prompt action: looking forward to the run, which will be my first full marathon.
    Tony COrnah
  • Options
    Corridore Glad you have plucked up the courage (or was it the threat of Miss F)to run. Lets hope you can run the "stone bay" guantlet without street furniture intervention! And try to remember on your training runs a nice gentle slow down towards the end will aid recovery and lesson the effects of lactic acid.
  • Options
    NEW PRIZE MONEY AND SPOT PRIZES

Thanet Roadrunners AC are please to announce that we will have just under £800 of prize money this year for the Kent Coastal Marathon and Half Marathon. The prize money will be split between the top three places, male and female in the two races, with top place in the marathon worth £150.

We are also happy to announce that runners who don't reach these heights still have an opportunity to win spot prizes including SIS Products, Newline vouchers or products, food and drink and free post-race massages on the day.

All runners will also receive their Goody Bag.
  • Options
    :-) JJ. But how many seconds after 3:31 and will you 'lurk' just outside the finish just to get the prize :-)
  • Options
    No chance of the £150 first prize then for me (unless the fmaily redirect the runners at the top of winterstoke towards the airfield instead of Margate)

Ive got a big spot - do I get a prize for that?

What about a prize for recomending the best beauty spot on the course - presonally I like the view across the bay towards the Captain Digby, or from outside the Fayreness - whilst I know that Snoops like the view from inside the Fayreness, (Captain Digby, Nottingham Castle etc. etc.)
    Or my other nomination would be the view across Broadstairs Beach from outside the clock tower, it is of course much better if the beach is packed with female Foriegn tourists - or the two girls who were skinny dipping after touch light procession at the start of Folk Week - that is they were until a couple of blokes ran off with their clothes - much to the amusement of a couple of hundred on lookers on the cliff top!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm sure we could find something for you Ashley. A postcard of the area, for example :-)

djb
  • Options
    The Information pack that runners will receive in the next 10 days is now on the internet for runners who can't wait to see what they will be told.

If you do not receive your info pack by Bank Holiday Monday and you have entered before the closing date (!!!!), then please contact us.
  • Options
    Yippee a postcard. I never won one of those before.

Worth finishing for in its own right... Will it be a limited edition one maybe signe by Paula Radcliffe, or Steve and Phil?
  • Options
    Or of course your good self DB2

There again it could be signed by JJ as winner of the vets, being that he will be the celeb of the day.
  • Options
    Foster M!

Yes the perceived threat of being lynched by an angry sixteen year old drove me on to enrol....deciding factor indeed...

I did my recovery run this evening ... Minnis Bay to Reculver Towers on the HRM. So now I am serenely serene....
  • Options
    Wont be at the Fayreness for Sunday lunch this time, Ashley, due to attending the Dry Hill '10' at Lingfield the same day.

But I intend using my free race voucher for the Thanet '10' sometime in December, which is a DRR GP event.
  • Options
    CAKE

I like flapjack and I hope you all like it too. What is the best kind of flapjack - Discuss...

:-)

djb
  • Options
    JJ

Have you guessed why yet?

djb
  • Options
    Hmmm. homemade with lashings of chocolate on top

Snoop fair enough. I will be there with my mate JJ who will no doubt thrash the living daylights out of me as well but at least Ill get to see how to run a proper marathon!