Options

Too fat to run now

Comments

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Of course you can do a plod tomorrow Speedy. Your legs will probably enjoy it!
  • Options

Hi all

Good to see your recovering Speedy, did you manage your "plod"? Hope you had a good day at the Marathon Tiptoes

Well that me done 4 runs last week all a massive 2.8 miles each whoooa ! This comeback lark is bloody hard work !

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

That's a good start to your comeback 3:30. Well done.

I was all set to have a slow plod with Dawg today, but after walking out with Big Ned and doing all my stable jobs I just didn't feel like it anymore. Whoops.

Tomorrow I will be asked by everyone who knows me whether I did VLM. They just don't seem to understand that, as a regular runner, it's neither my overwhelming goal nor easily available to me! I've given up trying to explain about the process and the existence of other marathons and now just say that I didn't fancy it this year!
    Meanwhile I will keep my fingers and toes and eyes crossed for a ballot place next year!!

How did Eagle et al from RR do Tippy? Did you have a good time?

• Options
    Limper: he did me proud, and Did himself proud.
  • Options

Evening all.

Have had a lovely day here at caravan.  Up early and tv on to watch marathon.  Sun was on decking early so i place tv in the doorway of caravan where the sun didnt hit the screen and put up my seat outside and sat there enjoying the sun and the marathon.  There I sat till 2pm only moving for the occasional cup of tea,

We then took a drive up to St Marys Loch and a visit to the sailing club as we wanted to see how easy it would be for us to take our canoes there.  Got a surprise as it was really busy with folks having picknics at the side of the loch.  The little tea room was lovely. 

Sadly to say we got back and fired up the bbq so the plod didnt happen.  Not sure due to painful wee toe that I can get my trainers on. Can only just get shoes on.  I do intend to try tomorrow morning before we head home.  Hubby did go out and do 2.5 miles which is the first in several years.

Tomorrow you may feel more like going out Limper.  You are so busy with lots else,

Where is Bodjit?

• Options
    I have Plodded image. Well a kinda plod/walk 2.5 miles. Prob more walk than plod but I managed to get trainers on and got out
  • Options

Evening

Just drying out Speedy, after all the pond water.....image

Glad you are recovering well Speedy, and Tippy, glad Eagle did himself proud,

3.30 well done on your run outs

As for lambs...no orphans, one of our farmers had 2 pinched off his ewes tho', now, who was talking 'mint sauce'????? image

Limper, sorry about your 'domestic' worries, and hope it all gets sorted soon, as for work, I don't think we should!!

We are away in gin palace on Thursday til Easter Monday, I really can't wait!! 2 working days left this week, and only 3 next, yay image

Incase I don't get back before, I hope you all have a luverly easter, and loads of eggs....for the potassium of course.....

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Well done for your plod Speedy image  That was a good distance.

Bodj - the 'domestics' are getting worse every time I force myself to think about them. I may have to pack my bags and come to live in your caravan.

Tippy - how are you darling? Got any races coming up soon? I notice you didn't leap at the suggestion of coming down for the South Down mara... I take it you don't fancy waiting around for another sweaty hug then?!

I 'ran' home from work this evening. I wanted to do it to help clear my head a bit what with all the cr@p that's swishing about in there - but I think all I actually managed to do was boil what's left of my brain! Crikey it was warm out. And absolutely beautiful. Apart from the clouds of gnatty bug things!

Just to say folks... please don't get me any creme egg Easter eggs for Sunday - I'm right off them. Ditto Thorntons. Just a plain old Dairy Milk one will do. Ta.

• Options

Limper: Would love another sweaty hug anytime.

Been busy as on hols in 2 weeks so trying to organise people at work etc.

Races well, still waiting to hear about NY Mara, then there is Maidenhead Half , the Pride Run and possibly Portsmouth Mara (need to check dates)

Well done for getting home Limper was a tad warm yesterday, be careful.

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Where are you off to on your holipops Tippy? States?

Hope you all enjoy the long weekend. Be good, have fun. image

• Options
    Limper: Back to the retirement home (Palm Springs.)(Average Age 60)
    OH is helping do a small project for some friends whilst i catch some sun and do some warm weather training.
    Still waiting to hear regarding New York.....
    Now NO eggs in this household
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

What - you've eaten all the eggs already Tippy?
    I could help you with catching the sun while OH is busy if you want? Won't take me five minutes to pack.

<< stands at door with toothbrush in one pocket and spare pants in the other >>

• Options
    <will be there a while as we do not go till 08th May>
    Just about to go scare the neighbours and layout on the decking
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Just back from swimming in the sea with Dawg and Neddy. Plus Limpette on top of Neddy.
    Gives the crockles and innits something to gawp at.

Hope you're not as sun-burnt as my tender English-rose-skin neck is Tippy? image

• Options
    Limper: tough skin here, luckily i go brown rather than red, must be the Mediterranean in me.
    (oh err missus)
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Tippy image image

I am burnt to a crisp - but only on one bit of me (decolletage!!). The rest of me has a nice healthy golden glow. My neck / chest is so red-hot though that the after sun spray is evaporating as it hits my skin!!
    Snot like me to burn and it happened within about 5 minutes while I was leaning back to watch a plane doing aerobatics over my field.

Hope the Easter Bunny brings you something tasty to nibble tomorrow image

• Options
    <waits patiently>
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Bleaurgh. Too much choclit too early in the day!!

Spent the night waking up to take paracetamol to get my temperature down. I don't like sunburn!
    Today I will be wearing a crew-neck T shirt!!

Happy Easter everyone.

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

X post Tippy!

Didn't the Bunny bring you any treats darling? image

• Options

Happy Easter folks.

No eggs in this house except the ones I plan to take to grandchildren.  Hope you enjoyed eating yours folks.

Sun burn Limper - what is sun burn.  It rained all day yesterday and today it started sunny but wasnt long before clouds came over.

Wish I was going somewhere nice for holibags.  Going down to caravan in borders, no further.  Away next Sunday for 2 weeks.  Knowing my luck it will rain for the two weeks image

Lost 3.5lbs at SW this week.  Not been good last couple of days but have till Thursday to work it off.  That is 7lbs lost.  I hope this time I can stick with it instead of losing and gaining all the time.

Have a good weekend all.  Dog walking time for me now.

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

That is an EXCELLENT weight loss Speedy. Well done you.
    I have been gaining weight. Whoops.

I haven't had a holiday for 3 years and don't look set to have one this year either. Two weeks in a comfy caravan sounds great to me!

It is absolutely sizzling hot here. I'd be chuffed if it was like this in mid July - in April it's just unbelievable!
    I've just spent a couple of hours outside with the horses and I am fried! I'm going to stay indoors now until at least 7pm!!

• Options
    Good news Speedy:
    No chocolit here, think the Easter Bunny melted before he got here.
    Today i will be scaring the neighbours, then getting dressed to do BBQ (health & safety you know)
    Hope everyone is being good and using sunblock and drinking water.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Couldn't sleep last night due to the sunburn. It's not that it's a really terrible burn, it's just in a difficult place!
    S'my own fault. I don't usually burn so I didn't bother with sunblock. I should have been more sensible.
    << becomes the very model of grown-up and cautious >>  image

Tippy, I will save an Easter egg and present it to you with love (and sweat) if you'll just arrange to put in an appearance at the same events as me this summer!!
    You could just put your safety apron for the BBQ and not worry about the clothes!! image

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Oops.

I shouldn't have hidden from the burny-sun by sitting at my computer...
    I have just entered a 10 miler, two halfs, three marathons and Hellrunner!
    oopsy, oopsy, oops.

Have you sizzled your sausage yet Tippy?

• Options

Oops but that is good Limper.  What and when?

Been a good day here.  Was nice and sunny and warm this afternoon.  I even managed to sit out for a couple of hours reading.  Wasnt going to waster a sunny day by doing housework.  I do need to get some ironing done for going away at weekend but I can always pack un ironed and iron when needed at the caravan image

How was the BBQ then Tippy?

Hope you all had a good weekend.  Bodjit have you returned from being away in the gin wagon yet?  Hope you had a good time.

Back to work tomorrow.

• Options
    Sausage sizzled:
    OH's family fed watered and left without offering to wash up image

All put away now watching master chef
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Serve 'em right if they take a portion of grumble-guts home from the BBQ Tippy.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Seems very calm on the VLM entries site this morning. Spooky.

Work today and then plodding home this evening. Methinks it will be slow and hot and lots of flying protein to eat along the way. Bleurgh - flies are not appealing to this vegetarian frog!

I think I may have had a nibble of your dodgy sausage Tippy.
    Either that or the sunburn and paracetamol have affected my tumbly. Too much info? - sorry!!

Have a nice day folks. 

• Options

Opps I have accidently entrd the Ballot for VLM 2012.

Limper: my sausage is not dodgy at all image

• Options

I accidently entered hubby at 6am.  Didnt tell him but he looked up his emails and called me to ask why?  Well if I am doing it so can he.........if he gets in.   Didnt have an entry last time I did but managed to run 13 miles with me then pulled out and went to the pub image

Busy day at work today.  Thats what happens when you have a bank holiday.  

Any sausages left Tippy?

Limper how was run?

Lots and lots of walking, cycling and plodding planned for next 2 weeks.  Determined that I am going to run well next year.