Options

Too fat to run now

Comments

• Options
    Now speedy you will have to explain your first comment young lady.
    " I accidentally entered my husband" ................
    Now what will the neighbours think.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Does he actually WANT to run a marathon again?!!

I enjoyed my run home this evening.

• Options
    Em no he doesn't Limper but as I am doing it I want him to as well and I know he could do it. I was naughty when I entered him as I know he wouldn't have got round to it. Bad wife ..... Lol

Long hard day at work. So much to do and off tomorrow and only at work Saturday. Guess I am not going to get it all done. Have yearly appraisal markings to do for my team. Well that ain't going to happen as none of them are in on Saturday. Oops. Oh well all the more for my manager to complain about.

My knees are shot. Both are giving me pain. They are carrying too much weight and are protesting. Off to buy new knee supports tomorrow as really want lots of exercise on holiday.
  • Options
    Just checked out of interest and London Marathon entries now closed. Doesn't seem to have been the usual panic this year.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Did you get a NY marathon place Tippy? I believe the draw was yesterday wasn't it? Fingers crossed for you.
  • Options
    Oh yes do tell Tippy.
  • Options
    Limper/Speedy: New York did not want Tippietoes, so I am no looking at Las Vegas which opens for entrants on 31st May.
    Hope everyone enjoyed the Wedding, Oh and myself have just returned from London, our invitations arrived late so we missed the ceremony.
    Now time to look at things needed for the holiday.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Shame about New York Tippy image, but remember I am more than happy to carry your PE bag to Las Vegas for you image.

I watched The Wedding with some of my patients. I had to hold hands with one of them to stop her getting too excited (!!) and she sang 'Bread of Heaven' at the top of her voice. She was phenomenally excited to witness the marriage of the 'luvverly gal' that's going to be her queen one day.
    That's the sort of thing that made the day important to me. Not my own feelings about Royalty or pageantry, but to see the pleasure that it brought to others.
    My patient will not live to see another bank holiday let alone a coronation, but for yesterday at least she was as happy as the spring flowers.

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Whoops. I've been at the entry forms again.

image image image

• Options

Helllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

<bounces in and sinks lily pad>

oooooops sorry Limper, but did you get my dairy milk egg I left for you?????

Loverly break at Easter, weather great, but no sumburn here image did lots of walking with the dogs

Tippy, I'm sure there is nowt wrong with your sausage.........image

Speedy, well done on your weight loss image erm 'accidently entering hubby'???!?!?

Had to try and fit 5 days work into 3 days last week, and Tippy, I did try to see if you were at the ceremony yesterday.....!! Our invitation arrived in time image

I was bitten on Wednesday by some vicious insect, my foot has been swollen for 3 days, but finally going down, still, I expect the insect died after eating me!!!

Battery charger for laptop then died, but new one acquired now, and wish we were away again this w/end, but loads to do here, Mr B has just finished the tiling in the kitchen, and is now grouting, whilst I have been 'mucking out'

<goes off wondering if a skip should have been oredered.....>

• Options
    Today I have been mainly, laying on the decking scaring the neighbours, and avoiding hungry Kites.
    Have to say that the whole wedding has put the country in a good mood.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Today I have been mainly picking my peeling sunburn off my chest. I look all shiny and plastic now image

<< memories of Kenny Everett wearing his 'Gloria' bosoms >>

• Options
    lol (oh the memories)
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

image  Good ol' Kenny.

Just back from a lovely 10k race. One of my annual favourites.
    I'm ashamed to say that I have been so lardy that this was my first race this year. But I'm proud to add that I got a PB!!

• Options
    Limper : You star, well done.
    I am considering running the local 10K tomorrow but may just give it a miss.
    I'll put kettle on to celebrate
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

<< takes a bow >>

Thank you Tippy dear.
    It was a good confidence boost to find that I could do it. I'm pleased with the PB, but it's a bit galling as I was only a couple of seconds over the minute - if I'd just taken a few longer strides I would have been inside the lower minute bracket!!
    I don't think I've got any more races booked until mid June. That'll be the South Down marathon - another annual favourite. I still think you should come and join me for it.

Bodj - there are some mighty evil biting bugs around this spring. Maybe the winter was too mild to kill them off and they've morphed into 'super-bugs'! Hope your foot is OK now?
    I always find that when I've had a bad bite, even after it's healed, it comes back every time I get nipped by any other bug.

• Options

Well done Limper.  That was fab.  A good boost for the rest of the year.

We are now on holiday down at the caravan.  The sun has been shining since we came.  Wonder how long it will last though.  Will make most of it while it does.

Went to collect a new motorbike for hubby today so we now have that at the van too.  I bought a really cheap oldie bike before we came.  Its pretty small compared with what I had,  Its a Kawasaki GPZ 500 for those who know bikes.  Its an old M reg so anything but new but its enough to potter about on.

Hope everyone has had a good May holiday.

Hope to get out plodding this week and have brought out mountain bikes with us.  

Off to make a cuppa now.

• Options

Limper, well done on your 10k image

Foot back to normal ta, December was pretty cold here, didn't get above freezing for the whole month!!

Speedy, have a great holiday, and hope the weather keeps up nice and sunny

Cup of tea Tippy

<gulps on a large gin....>

hic

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

It is now more than 40 hours since I was last in bed (or asleep). I am beginning to feel a little bit crazed!

And I've just realised that my next 'race' is in five and a half short weeks and that it's a marathon! That kinda puts the 10k into perspective!

Speedy - you always seem to be buying motor vehicles of some sort!
    South of the border we make each one last for several years!!
    Glad to hear you are having some nice holiday weather image

I suppose it was a cold winter Bodj. It's just that January and February were so flippin wet here that I've forgotten about the ice back in December!

<< limps away to the lily-pad bed >>  image

• Options
    December and January were very cold here too. Hope we get a good summer to make up for it.

Glad the bite has healed Bodjit.

Limper 5.5 weeks ain't long but I am sure you will be fine for it.

Blame my hubby on the buying and selling. eBay is the bane of my life. I sold my 02 reg bike and bought an old M erg for a fraction of the price but hubby has just sold his old M reg for an 02 reg. Em something not right here. Now my car I have had for 2 years and unless it has a major breakdown it has to last a lot if years yet.

Weather been good so far but I believe rain expected by Thursday. Oh well it's far better than being at work

Hope everyone is ok.
  • Options

Limper, why awake for soooooooooooooo long???

<super glues Limpers eyes together>

If you mamage to sleep properly for 5.5 weeks, you will be fine.....where is the marathon??

Speedy, it's meant to rain here too image

Nightmare evening out with Ma her french friends, my nephew, Mr B and Mini B and Jacob..!! we knew it would be bad, and yessss it was.....Ma plays up in front of her friends, not sure why, her behaviour and manners become totally unacceptable, we went off to get the bill, along with nephew, and mini B, and when we arrived back at the table.......they had left!!!!! they were just reversing out of the car park!! Her 'friends have very short arms and very deep pockets, Ma was in a strop, but I did say when she felt she wanted to thank us for picking up the complete bill, I would accept her thanks!!! but no doubt she won't remember to thank us as she will have forgotten all about it!

Hey ho, at least you can choose your friends image

Limper....SLEEP

<Gently rocks lily pad>

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Crikey Bodj image
    I'd take it out of Ma's allowance!!
    No matter how 'naughty' she can be, her friends have not proved themselves to be any better than her by walking out like that. They at least owed you a civil goodnight.
    Hope the food was good?!!

I was driving on Monday night to take Limpette back to uni and turned around after a couple of coffee's to drive straight back on Tuesday in time for work.
    Please don't glue my eyes together!!
    I didn't really catch up on my sleep last night either. I think I've got a bit over-tired. I'll see if I can nudge one of my patients over and share their bed for half an hour at lunch-time!!

Sounds like you got the raw end of the deal there with the bikes Speedy!
    My car is ancient and is going to get a lot older yet before 'he' retires. I'd like something smaller that's cheaper on petrol and tax, but he's served me very well in some terrible weather conditions that I don't believe a little car would have kept me safe in.

Maybe I should run home today? Training sort of thing?
    Or maybe I should just get all my evening chores done ASAP and put my feet up!!

You packed your pants yet Tippy? There's still time to invite me to join you. image

• Options
    Evening

That was so unfair Bodjit. As Limper says they should had at least showed you enough respect to stay and pay their share of the bill.

Limper hope you manage a better sleep tonight. You will be overtired and that doesn't help you sleep soundly.

Another lovely sunny day. We took canoe out on loch for a bit but most of day spent relaxing and enjoying the sun.
  • Options

Limper WHAT ARE PANTS??????

Now young lady, Tippies orders, go to sleep. Have a rest, get some shut eye.

Was I subtle enough.

Clothes (what little there are are laid out, ready to be packed)

Have just arranged for sa decorator to pop in to my mums whilst I am away and decorate 2 rooms for her. Now recovering from coaching a few new runners (really enjoyed it)

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Pants are funny baggy hats Tippy. There are big holes for your ears and a little door at the front for your nose.
    Or you can wear them lower down by putting your legs through the holes and your imageimageimage through the little door!!!
    I suggest you go and pack some. One pair for each day you are away please.

The re-sleep is not going well. I'm so tired that I'm wide awake!

I didn't run home from work but I did take Dawg out for a jog this evening. She gave up before I did!

Sleep well everyone. Sweet dreams. << sets cot-mobile with lullaby going over the lily-pad >>

• Options

Argggh just woken from having fallen asleep on the settee....

Limper, glad you didn't run home from work, you'd have fallen over and injured yourself as you were tired, then it would have been another accident notched up!! Yes thanks the food was great!

Tippy, when are you off?

Speedy, glad you are relaxing, hope the weather stays good for you

Long day tomorrow at work, stil, I s'pose it's been a 'short' week.....

• Options

Speedy; according to lots of people I am OFF all the time image. Fly out Sunday Morning.

Limper: mmm The Pants thing just does not work, unable to find any at Tippy Towers and have no time for shopping. image

Please try and get some rest.

<hugs and rocks lily pad>

• Options
    Slumber softly good night ...... La la la la la la la ........ whispers to see if Limper is asleep on the lily pad

Rained all day today. Even a bit of thunder. Kept getting wet dogs each time they needed out. Wet dogs and a caravan do not go together.

Tippy have a great holiday if I don't get back before you go.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

A decent unbroken sleep is still on the list of unattainable...
    Ma's dog has come to stay for a week. She (the dog, not ma) is very old, mostly mad, mostly incontinent, very old-smelly and does not abide by 'normal' routines. Still, we all love our dogs and we all love our mums.

We had a thunder storm and torrential rain last night Speedy. The holes that Dawg has dug in the garden have turned into small lakes and the official pond overflowed!

I may go for a waddle shortly and see if I can't get a bit muddy!
    5 weeks until marathon. Currently dawdling over 9 miles. Oh dear!!

<< launders and irons some NHS hospital disposable pants for Tippy to pack >>

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

9.3 miles cross country done. Just got to triple that in the next month image

<< hides Tippy's passport >>