Options

Le Touquet 10k and 20k First Saturday in July !!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Patouka - how's the foot today?
  • Options
    I say today - but really mean 'now'. is it home time yet??
  • Options
    Guy, I just don't know what to think about the foot. It feels exactly like an achillies tendon strain, except in the arch of the foot. I had an achillies problem 2 years ago and just kept training with lots of stretches and it slowly got better. So am hoping for the same result with this.
    My back is really good tho!

How is the knee holding up to the comeback? How much are you able to train? Got lots of good drugs to take?
  • Options
    I mention the drugs because my dad has just had surgery on his knee. His physio told him to take more painkillers and anti-inflammatories so that he could exercise the knee without pain. He had cut back and was experiencing pain. This seems to go against what we are told about taking drugs in order to continue running.

I guess it could be more 'beneficial exercises vs. dangerous pounding of the pavements'.

Anyway, good luck with the healing process.
  • Options
    bonjour bonjour
    has anyone done the le Touquet race? my in laws have a place there so I might give this a go. Mind you, I ran in le T in August and didnt enjoy it one bit!
    Its not along the beach or anything is it?
  • Options
    Hi fatty

A few of us did the race last year and had a blast hence the repeat visit this July. It's a two course lap - you can do 10k or 20k - and runs a short way parallel to the beach but is mostly in the leafy residential part of the town. I really can't wait for Le Touquet - it's a lovely race in a pretty area and a fab excuse for a few days away with good friends!!

Patouka, glad to hear your back is fine now. Can't you pop in to see the doc about your foot though? Might be a good idea to get all your niggles sorted out now rather than have to deal with it nearer marathon time??
  • Options
    I say 'two course lap' - but really mean 'two lap course'....... and I'm already AT home!!!
  • Options
    laughing hard!! i much prefer the two course lap version! yum yum!!
    Hey, I remember when you were on the Paris thread that you werent running it? But you did the london in the end?? You seemed to be very busy organising stuff for paris socials.... poor you!
  • Options
    I didn't do anything much Fatty. Booked a restaurant, a corner in a pub, answered a few emails....... And of course it was great to meet all the Paris forumites!
  • Options
    well from what i read, sounds like people appreciated you making that effort! what a nice lady you must be!
    (oh man am full - jst had a big stuff up and then started on a box of profiteroles with a spoon....just...need...to put...the spoon down...walk away)! talking of which, some guy on another forum Ive just gone on, weighs himself five times a day!
  • Options
    Yeah, fattty, Rach is luvverly . . . and you should see what she's like after a bottle of bubbly ;-)
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    that's the pot calling the kettle black Path! :)
  • Options
    Rach so modest Sweetie! :o)

Patouka - am back up and running did a couple of runs over the weekend and a nice 41/2 mile run by the river this morning and knee seems to be getting better. Just need to get the cardio back now.

Will mail you later to discuss injury stuff
  • Options
    Oi Pathfinder, I'm utterly charming after a bottle of bubbly. It's only after the second one that things start to get ugly!!
  • Options
    FATTTY ME OLD BEAUTY!!!!

How nice it is to hear from you again. How did Paris go? I was waiting for you and your beret wearing l'usband to pop in and visit us at the social - but you bottled it.

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know (everyone now) that I am doing this race (hooray I hear) and I think I'm going to win it. Magnifique.
  • Options
    P.S. Does anyone know how I get a picture from my phone onto the site to use instead of this gay pink cow?!
  • Options
    Hooray for Coopers!! (and you so 'ain't gonna win it)
  • Options
    Coops, you'll need to load the software which came with your phone onto your pc/mac. Then send the image via bluetooth or infra-red from you phone to PC. After that it's a piece of cake...
  • Options
    Jesus, I think I'll stick with the gay looking cow.

Ok, perhaps I'm not gonna win it...I did 25 minutes on a treadmill yesterday, which was my first run for a few weeks sandwiched in between a few drinking weekends away - and I nearly died!! Can't believe I ran 26.2 miles a few weeks ago. Looks like I've got some serious work to do.

Guy, what sort of time you aiming for? My last half was 1hr 36 so I reckon 1hr 32(ish) for 20K?? Better pull my finger out.
  • Options
    CR/Guy

Good to see you fellas are prepared to risk spending an evening in Le Touquet trying to prize Rach from her bubbly! I'm not sure if you've managed to sort transport out, but just to let you know that I have my car booked on the 08.15 Saturday ferry from Dover, returning at 16.20 on the Sunday. I live in Orpington. I can give you a lift if you need a one and can get to me or to Dover or somewhere in between.
  • Options
    The gay looking cow is so you anyway.

Before Paris I'd have said a sub 80 would have been possible, but now after 6 weeks off with my dodgy knee - I think sub 85 may be the goal. You've still got about 6 weeks to get back into shape for this one so don't worry just yet.

Is Luca coming along to Le T?
  • Options
    ...or you could always be a pacer?

Pathie, I'll have been on the wagon (pretty much) for six whole weeks by then. Noone is going to get between me and that poo on the Saturday night....

Everso glad the gay cow's coming out to play! :)
  • Options
    Tell you what Rach - will pace you on the champers. How does that sound?
  • Options
    You know I don't need any help where that's concerned!
  • Options
    Guy, I think Luca was a fly by night....hasn't donned a pair of trainers since, and probably not likely to again!

As for the gay cow, it so isn't me!!!! Anyway does my bum look big in this?
  • Options
    Pathfinder, I haven't sorted any transport out yet - but I am playing it by ear at the mo - will let you know but thanks for the offer.
  • Options
    Luca's a typical Corby boy!!
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    right - have emerged from my post marathons purdah with a 10k race yesterday, and am back into regular training, buoyed on by the superb footy results of the weekend.

I make it five weeks to go until the North Downs 30k and a further week until Le T 20k, so await a sleek and slimmed down Dogg next time you see me.

oops! - said it in public now - best plan to do some circuit training...
  • Options
    Introducing the new photo. Bit squished looking though