Options

NT Snowdonia Marathon 2005

Comments

• Options
    Rick Kay thanks for the weather report. I will watch the forum to see how it's progressing this week. I've checked the web, but your reports mean more being a runner! Hope its mild. Not sure how to cope if its too cold, all I experience running here is too many flies and the odd kangaroo! I am so excited about the run. Thanks again
  • Options
    Wey, hey. First day of carb loading. Ethical gluttony. Does eating 4 chocolate covered cherries soaked in brandy for breakfast count as carb loading?

Rick: Your weather reports will be really valuable. It's chucking it down here in Norfolk. I `am going to take two lots of kit as I know the weather can be pretty changeable.
    Rest day for me today. Couple of two and three mile jogs and a core strengthenong class and that's it. Foot is a bit sore where a patient ran me over yesterday.Hope your injuries are healing peeps. Just take it real easy this week. I have everything crossed for you.
  • Options
    Oh yeah!

Forgot to taper and carb load....... :-)
  • Options
    Oooh an actual real life weather report, bit speculative at the mo but here it is enjoy, or perhaps not

• Options
    Well as long as the weather is better than it is in the south of wales at the moment it will be fine- it has been chucking it down here for days on end!

Aunty m: I like the sound of chocolate brandy cherries! mmmm...

Well I am going to relax and enjoy this week- last 12 hr night on tues then off to llanberis for a couple of days prior to race. Am going up with friends who will be doing some climbing/hiking which I love, but will have to let them get on with it without me. Risk of injury and all that.

Am getting excited about it all now, but also quite nervous- how come it has come round so quick? Anyhow good luck to everyone in the last minute preparations, tapering etc. We are all in this together!

Are people still going for the green ribbon idea?
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    i had forgot about the green ribbons..... will have to see what i can muster up
  • Options
    <<< Bow down, bow down >>>

It doesn't hurt until I stop!
  • Options
    I have my green ribbon packed!

Magsie:That's three of us now doing a 12 hr nignt on Tuesday as our last shift . Hope yours go well. Dare I say it...we are really quiet tonight.
    Roasdrunner: Hope you are having a quiet on too.
  • Options
    12k x/c race completed yesterday, green ribbon packed, off to Snowdon wed evening for a few days holiday to chill out and contemplate my day in the hills.
    All injuries gone in a whiff!
    Good race to all.
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Struggling to find green ribbon, it might have to be a special trip into to town today!

Physio appointment this evening just before work to try and rid my swelling. Not painfull at all but theres a definite wobble inside my right knee. i dare not tell her that im running on sunday as she thinks im mad!

weather seems to be on the change, nice forecasts here in warwickshire for fri and sat. fingers and toes crossed
  • Options
    I know I'm a complete numpty and as usual I am missing something VERY obvious but what is it about green ribbons? Do I need one?

Havent run since Friday as I have another bug that laid me out over the weekend. I'm determined to get out today!
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    green ribbon apparently work on the t-shirt/vest of forumites at races in order to identify themselves. ive never worn one before
  • Options
    One more shift to go. Hoorah!!!

Dadovjacknella: Roadrunner79 means worn on t-shirts (I think he is on nights bless him). I wore one on my top at Lake Vrnwry but sadly didn't see anyone else!

Roadrunner: I have spare green ribbon which I can give to you at Pen-y-pas.
  • Options
    My Dear friends,

Very best of luck to you all, I cannot believe you're all going to be doing this without me....
    I now have to travel back for work on Monday, so although we will be in Snowdonia from tomorrow night, might not be there to support you on the day, not sure what's worse, being there and not running, or not being there at all.

I will be thinking of you, willing you on,
    transmitting waves of swift, sound running type kharma in a Waunfawr-wards direction.

Mae'r hen'wlad fy'nhadau yn anwyl i mi
    (or somesuch!!!)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sir S, you especially, !
  • Options
    why thank you happyslug :-)
    Nice girl shame about the legs :-)
    You missed a lovely run at Studland which was good test for my marathon capabilities. On driving to venue I met some deer on the road and found a small lizard on the beach. Nature abounds.

Fatal to talk to non-running friends about your aspirations as they all think runners are goofy. :-(

In my experience green ribbon makes friends of strangers. Sometimes you meet a lot sometimes a little and sometimes it initiates a conversation about forum with non-forumites.
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    one more night shirt to go tonight, and then straight to the physio after work in the mornin. Il probably be fallin asleep on her bed!
    have now found some green ribbon from an old finishers medallion.
  • Options
    I note that the BBC 5 day forecast say "Heavy showers" for Sunday.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml and enter Llanberis.

I think I'll go for the "you can only get wet once" philosophy and still run in a vest. There is always the tea and biscuits at the end to warm me up.
  • Options
    Remember,the clocks go back on Sat night. Don't turn up too early. and Good luck. I'm really looking forward to this one. Hope its not spoilt by the weather..I've not run a 'wet' marathon before. Any tips?
  • Options
    Wet marathon!

Protect your feet. I get bisters, or sore if I run too long with wet feet.

Probably best to take precautions before hand.
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    BBC weather website is now saying that sunday will be fine, sunny with a little cloud. Temperatures around 16 degrees which is pretty much what the weather was like last year. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    the bbc changes its mind like the weather.
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    I think that it will be a fair day, but a bit blustery. Still shorts and t-shirt for me
  • Options
    Just listened to the local 6 o'clock welsh news, weather for Sunday they reckon will be overcast, quite blustery, with a chance of some rain. Better than Hailstones I suppose, which is what it was doing at the start of the 1983 event.
    I personally would like to wish everyone the very best of luck for the big day, and hope that you all enjoy it regardless of the weather. Safe journey's up to Llanberis wherever you're travelling from. See you Sunday.
  • Options
    oi! Collie Dave... a message from me and pug: Good luck matey, hope it goes well. We're on the worksop forum (running on Sunday), so post something there next week to let us know how you get on!
  • Options
    whooah! how scary is this getting now
    35 hours and counting,i`m absolutely sh*tt**g myself but strangely can`t wait for it either.
    Had my last physio sesh today,she stuck me with pins then said she`d done all she can and now its up to me.So deep breath and fingers crossed that my knee holds out for 26.2 on sunday

GOOD LUCK TO ALL COMPETING

I`ll be running in my blue and white striped Liverpool RC vest
  • Options
    Good luck to you all.

I'm really jealous of you, green ribbons flowing in the deluge (oops). Look mateys, take it steady, this is a challenge not a pb course.

Pay your respects to Cenotaph Corner for me.

Personally, I'm still limping from my Cardiff Marathon that ended. Yes. It ended. The marathon is a tough mistress. If you are going to challenge a prize - go for it. If your prize is the challenge then please take it steady and with the respect that this savage event commands. I really am jealous and probably will go for it next year.

TAKE IT STEADY> BE SAFE> BE SUCCESSFUL.

Blisters
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Morning all!

Well not long now folks. im leavin just after lunch today aiming to get there towards the end of the day. might miss the regustration this afternoon, im not too sure what time its open to.
    Green ribbon is packed, just waiting for the questions from other about what charity im running for....
    Best of luck to everyone, im sure il see of you around the course.