Options

NT Snowdonia Marathon 2005

Comments

• Options
    Hi everyone,

Leaving in a couple of hours and heading for them hills.

(Roadrunner: Registration is open until 19.00 today)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. ENJOY.
  • Options
    I'll register tommorrow. Off to LLandudno today (our 3year old has a thing about trams!).

See you all tommorrow and best of luck to everyone.

I read an article on Friday saying that the event is being filmed this year and will be screened on Sky.
  • Options
    good luck everyone,i shall be watching and unfortunatley not running this year, so i will be cheering you all on up the pass. May the weather gods pi** on you all,sorry shine on you all!!!!
  • Options
    anyone from the tipton area doing it this year or going up on the day?
  • Options
    Good Luck everyone.

:-)
  • Options
    Just looking across the Clywdian range towards the Snowdonian and all I can see is dark grey clouds and a lot of wind coming across.

BBbbrrr!
  • Options
    good luck y'all and dont forget your wooly hats
  • Options
    Hi all. Well, you should have just started by now. I'm really sad not to be with you, and its all down to my own stupidity.

After a week or so of feeling unwell I finally felt great and really up for it for the week leading up to today.

Saturday came and I found my race info, worked out my plan of what I was doing for registration and went to my computer to print out the address of the place I booked to stay the night. Then it happened. I realised I had booked a room for SUNDAY night. What a plonker.

The OH came up with a saving plan: get up at 2am, pack the babies into the car, she could drive the 4hrs 40 mins there, I run, she drives back home, then I drive 2 and a half hours to London where I have to stay on Sunday night. Sorted.

We got to bed later than anticipated after our 3 year old started to run a temperature of 102, got woken up by some prat revving up a motor bike, then again by fireworks and shouting of a nearby party.

The alarm went off at 2 & we woke up. The reality dawned on me that we were knackered now and faced a very long day with 2x 4hr 40 min drives with a poorly baby and her younger sister.

No matter how much I was looking forward to this, it just wasn't worth the risk of an accident under these circumstances. Maybe next year.

Hope you all do well and thoroghly enjoy it.
  • Options
    oh no the leading runner went the wrong way and was disqualified!!!!
  • Options
    dennis walmsley has won again 2.46.50
  • Options
    WILD, WET, WINDY & WONDERFUL!

What a brilliant race. I enjoyed every minute of it, but what about those 2+ miles down at the end down a muddy track, excellent stuff. Did not see anyone go over, but saw the results of it on a few peeps.

I spoke to the guy with no legs. He said he went over. What a guy so glad I waited to see him finish.

Hadyn,

Thanks for pacing me out for the first 14-15 miles. Really appreciated it.

I was told I only finished 5 mins behind you :-)
  • Options
    I SAW YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
    but didn't know who anyone was, didn't get to Llanberis in time for the start, so stopped at Pen-y-Gwryd... didn't see any green ribbons, torn between taking lots of photos and clapping and grinning.. I'm going to try upload photos into new web album type thingy, if I manage to I'll let you know...

Biastai, were you pleased with your time???
    C'mon then, how did eveyone else do?
    Sooooooooooo jealous! will def. be fit for next year at all cost.
    XXXD
  • Options
    happyslug,

Yes indeed! I was told by my sub 3 mate that he is usually 20 mins slower than normal. I was 20 mins slower than Abi, and that only 2 weeks after it and Abi was a PB.

So all things being equal it was a fast race :-)

It must be the first where I finished faster than expected, rather than slower.
  • Options
    Biastai, well done. Did you see Aunt Moggy?
  • Options
    FANTASTIC!! WELL DONE!!
  • Options
    Tracey,

No I didn't see here, but then there were supposed to be people there from my club and I did not spot them either :-)

The weather was awful at the start, so it was not easy to see who was there.

Think it is a must do again, but a shame it is so close to my favourite Abingdon.
  • Options
    Biastai - fantastic, glad you enjoyed it and were happy with your time :-) BTW what was your time?

Look forward to reading other comments from today.

This is definitely on my to do list, hopefully next year.
  • Options
    Ultra Minnie,

3:40. Maybe I can shave a 15 off that for next year ;-)

How did you get on? Did you have fun?

I will remember my fell running training for next year!

Did anybody else enjoy this as much as me?

I met so many people who had chosen this as there first maras. Utter lunacy :)

I met a guy in the toilets, no comments please, who was staring at himself in the mirror as he could not believ he had just done it as his first
  • Options
    Want to thank Jeremy for pacing me from before Bedgelert up the middle hill as far as Snowdon Ranger. Hope you made it OK. I got a PB of 3:31. Not usually a PB course but inspirational.
    The Stone Master Marathoners were running in memory of Vern.
  • Options
    Simon,

Well done on the PB! Got to be a BPB, Best PB.

To get it today is brilliant.
  • Options
    evening all,
    I am totally shattered after that.The knee held up for the whole race,i owe my physio a big hug.
    Was soaked before we started and my feet were squelching,the start was delayed a few mins and i just wanted to go home,then i saw the guy with no legs on a couple of fancy looking metal racing ones and a blind man both competing and I thought what the bloody hell am i moaning about.
    First 4 miles were a bit of a climb and it was hard to get going (4m in 34.39)then we hit the first bit of downhill a 6.30 mile followed by 4x7 min miles the rain came in heavy bursts and it was quite blustery at times,at one point the discarded plastic cups were travelling much faster than the runners.The course levelled out a bit with slight undulations.I reached the 12m marker in 1;31 but then another big hill taking 18 mins to cover the next 2 miles.The next few miles are a bit blurry but i remember a bit of a climb at 19m then not long after we got to that beast of a mountain that i can`t spell Waunfawr?
    The support was brilliant and a lot of people i saw on numerous occassions around the course were really getting behind everyone with great encouragement.Anyway getting back to that bloody mountain.What a cruel thing to do to us runners,21 miles of hills ,wind and rain and then the 3 mile travellator.Run,walk,run ouch cramp walk,my 3 mile splits were 11.55,12.57 and 10.16,got to the top and thought i`ve cracked it but then theres 900ft drop down to Llanberis.Well i near went arse over tit a few times,it was really steep and greasy under foot and i had to try and keep the breaks on but my calfs and thighs are screeming for me to stop and the soles of my feet were on fire.We reach the bottom and i can hear the tannoy at the finish,the we get sent the other way on a short tour of Llanberis,okay it`s a nice place but i just want to finish now.Then i see the 26 mile marker and i felt really emotional,my eyes welled and a large grin appeared on my face,0.2 miles to go and the support was amazing.I reached the finishing funnel whooping and hollering with my arms raised and crossed the line with 3hrs 37mins on my watch.
    What an amazing day,one which i will never forget and at this moment don`t want to repeat but today in my eyes everyone who completed that course was a champion
  • Options
    Nice one Jakesy!

What a top day!
  • Options
    Biasti we must have been near to each other along the course,I was wearing a black berghaus jacket with my blue and white striped Liverpool rc vest over it
  • Options
    fantastic you lot
    if i ever get a reasoable fitness i will join you one day
    hi happyslug
  • Options
    Jakesy,

I am guessing we passed each other several times :-) Especially on the last 4-5 miles.

I was too worn to notice anyone except the guy who kept me going!

Plodding,

You would love it! A really nice run.

My friend, who is a 5 hourer, came in a 5:45! It's not a course to rush, especially the last down hill in the mud.

See you there next year?
  • Options
    you won`t see me there next year

been there,done it,got the coaster and tshirt.That one is well and truly put to bed and so am i
    Goodnight and sweet dreams