Options

pretty parky out there-fff 9/12

OOOOoh
gentle 2 mile run outside, still havent warmed up after 20 minutes
have a good day all, unless Casualty is unusually quiet, shant be logging on tonight

Comments

• Options
    very slow day so far

hope everyone thaws out OK later
  • Options
    Morning all, no weight loss this week but don't care - it's too cold to worry about losing fat! Did my longest run ever yesterday - 2hours 30 mins which I think was around 14 miles. Now all I need is my FLM acceptance letter - yes, you guessed it, I still haven't heard so will have to ring the help line at 9 am. Wish me luck :-)

Good luck to everyone wieghing-in today.
  • Options
    Redhead - good luck with FLM letter (hope it's just a slow postie). Brilliant long run - further than I've done in a session all year.
  • Options
    Bugger, didn't get in :-(
    Rejected Redhead
  • Options
    Redhead - I didn't get in either!
  • Options
    So does that mean that Benz is the sole FFF representative at London next year?

Anyone up for an alternative event on the same day...nah, can't, gotta watch Paula (and Benz, of course!) either from the sidelines or on the telly.

Well done, Pix. I shall look up your race report later - didn't log on yesterday as I took Kevin and Perry shopping.

I weighed in today - 8st 5lb, which is 12lb up on my pre-injury lowest, and which I shall try to maintain over the winter and maybe drop a little in the spring. Body fat percentage...don't need to measure it, I can see every one of those pounds and they are ALL fat.

But I am going to try to get moving again. Resting is fun and I've managed to do lots of other things, but I want to be fit for Helsby in January. Planned to start this morning by getting up at 6.30am for a brisk walk. Didn't. One day I will either learn to do mornings or come to terms properly with NOT being able to do mornings.

Got to work and discovered that Santa had been - one URWFRC vest (largest size 34 I've ever found outside M&S) and some very smart New Balance kit. What more incentive do I need to go for a run?
  • Options
    I think there are only three people running the FLM this year.

Got out the door at 0620 this morning for a 40 minute run... ears still haven't defrosted (note to self, get cosmetic surgery to reduce drag, and hence windchill factor, caused by wingnut-like ears).

Got home to discover that I didn't have any milk so had to make my porridge with water - RANK!!!

Gonna nip downstairs for a skinny-decaf-latte and a toasted bagel now... yum yum yum.

Benz, what are the chances of a quiet night on casualty???

EP, you definitely deserve a rest day... you need time to clean your shoes!
  • Options
    V-Rap - I weighed in at 13st this morning - up 7lbs on pre-going-back-to-work lightest... all of them are restaurant food provided lbs and they wobble a bit.

Nothing to worry about yet as I've still got another 5.5 stone to gain before I reach my pre-running weight, but it's a bit of a prod to get off my lazy @rse and fit in some exercise.
  • Options
    Call yourself a Scotsman, Gordon? Didn't you grow up on a diet of porridge made with water and sprinkled with chopped thistle like I did (still only ever have it that way - if it's cooked in milk it reminds me of tapioca-type puds, which I would need to be VERY hungry to eat).

Maintaining a loss of over 5 stone is fantastic, especially with the temptation of working dinners. Or do you get bored with restaurant food eventually? I'm sure I would - even on holiday, if we don't self-cater I am screaming out for a big bowl of lightly cooked, recognisable, lightly buttered and sauce-free vegetables, or a bowl of compote made MY way with a blob of yogurt and honey.
  • Options
    I've maintained that loss for almost two and a half years now... as soon as I hit 13st alarm bells start ringing and I start being sensible for a few weeks until I get back down to 12st 7lbs (ideal weight). I'm really glad I've got a system that now works and I can still enjoy the good things in life (apart from a few weeks every 6 months or so).

I'm a terribly bad scotsman when it comes to porridge I'm afraid. Gran used to make it with water but I'd then put milk and sugar on it... when I make it with water it's rank!!! So I make it with milk and it's yummy!!! Head hung in soft southerner-like shame.
  • Options
    re: do I get bored with restaurant food... not a chance... if it weren't for the fact that I pile on pounds like a two-bedroom flat in South West London, then I'd be scoffing it down every night with glee.

• Options
    Morning all.

Didn't run at all yesterday - was going to honest but stuff got in the way.

Will DEFINITELY be out there tonight no matter how cold it is!

E.P. still not heard anything from SW either. Do you think they are reading these threads and then laughing like drains. What torture - the not knowing. If they just rang and said "No thanks we don't want you" I could forget about it and sulk along with the other thousands who didn't get in. Still jumping each time the phone rings is doing my head in.

Rant over!

Gordon your weight loss/maintenance is fab -an inspiration to folk like me who are still at the battling it off stage - well done.

V Rap - I think one of my legs weighs more than you!
  • Options
    Redhead - sorry you didn't get in - bummer!
  • Options
    Hi Pixie and all you other healthy fit people. Feeling pleased 'cos I've lost 2lbs, so 11st 5 now. Also had a couple of charities send me some money (something they do for clergy on their own from time to time) so Christmas is beginning to look a bit brighter. Freezing cold here though.
  • Options
    Great stuff, Sassie! Don't the clergy receive "charity" in the form of endless mince pies and mulled wine around this time of year too? Or is is more the case that eating nasty little pastries of uncertain provenance is a priestly act of charity?

I made a batch of marzipan last night and put it on the Christmas cake. Then, since the mixer was out anyway, I made a couple of lemon almond cakes, which turned out very well, and a couple of chocolate black hole cakes which...well, they were coming along nicely until I went off to wrap a couple of parcels, got distracted by Kevin wanting to be shown how to do the ribbons and bows on her parcels, and next thing I know the smell of scorched chocolate is wafting through the house and it's "Just call me King Alfred" time.

It's freezing cold here too. Bright and sunny, though, so I don't mind. Lay-Zee-Boy's not here this morning and I think he's been fiddling with the heating again because my radiators are all off. Stops people lingering, I suppose, although my scales have just been trashed yet again by a small boy mistaking them for a trampoline (leading to non-PC dinosaur giving small boy the bollocking that his mother seemed unwilling to administer - I don't want kids in here unless they are VERY ill, as in can't move).
  • Options
    Morning all

Well done to those who ran. Good running for those about to.
    Dead chuffed with myself as I ran Friday, Saturday and yesterday. Rest today.
    Good thing I did all this running, had a blow out on Friday night. Have to fess up that due to the effects of alcohol, managed to scoff one and half donner kebabs. (Head hangs in shame).
    Then because I was late back from the gym and I wanted to watch the Gwyneth fest, had a pizza delivered. (Head hangs even lower).
    Good thing I went on a long run yesterday. But started feeling that yesterday and it is continuing today. Oh well.
    More carnage in the coming weekend as I am going to Dublin with the boys.
    Will see what happens.
    Best
    Sam
  • Options
    Oops meant to say the pizza and the Gwyneth fest was on Saturday night.
  • Options
    Sam... one and half donner kebabs... that's an outstanding effort...

Marzipan is the work of the devil... but it does keep then lovely fruit cake inside nice and moist and yummy...

• Options
    EP/Redhead

Are you going to apply for Gold places at FLM?
  • Options
    Gordon

Thanks, I do what I can to keep my end up (or is that my stomach)?
    Drink removes peoples inhibitions, makes them more sociable etc It removes my inhibition to ask for more food.
    Its why I have virtually stopped drinking for the last six months. Not the drink per se but all the food I have afterwards.
    Suspect Dublin and New Years eve will be my only other blowouts till after the Bath half.
  • Options
    You can make wonderful marzipan - quantities are about 150g of ground almonds to 125g each of caster sugar and icing sugar, one egg and a splash of vanilla extract, but make sure you have some extra ground almonds in case it turns out too soft. Tastes completely different from the viciously amaretto-flavoured stuff you can buy, and it isn't bright yellow.

About a zillion calories per cubic centimetre, though! But Christmas cake must be the perfect post-run snack.