Options

pretty parky out there-fff 9/12

Comments

• Options
    Will you are bound to lack the motivation to work or train as your 'inspiration' has gone...forget about either for now. Concentrate on getting through the next few weeks. The motivation in some shape will return.
  • Options
    Most my family and mates are the stong silent type that feel out of place when asked to deel with emotions, so i a basicly alone with this - apart from my mother that is
  • Options
    Do you feel up to swimming Will - i find that it really relaxes me from im feeling stressed and is easier than running - the water is supportive somehow and helps me when I feel demotivated - give it a few days then give it a try - just keeping yourself active will help
  • Options
    I know how you feel mate
    Instead of exersing to improve yourself. Try it as a way of getting rid of your demons/tension.
    Run with a mantra 'she aint gonna get me down' just keep repeating it as you run or something more abusive if you want. Or go to the gym and hit a punch bag!
  • Options
    Have you told anyone else yet? that will help break the ice if you can do it
  • Options
    I live in North Durham
  • Options
    When I know how you feel I mean about being strong and silent!
  • Options
    bune yeh - I endered up at my parents house after wandering around for a while
  • Options
    The trouble is, after been with my missus for 7 years I am no longer that close to my mates and being a manger means those you work with are not mates, not like when your just a code monkey like those around you
  • Options
    Will.

First of all don't feel bad about needing help. I'm an infantry soldier and even I need emotional help sometimes! ;) And if anyone had a problem with it (not that anyone ever has so far) I'd tell them where to stick it with a good dose of "I am more hardcore than thou, so shut it" attitude. Might not be the done thing usually, but at the moment it's all about YOU.

Secondly, don't hesitate to pressure your doctor for the attention you need.

Lastly, over time you will learn (as I have) to improve yourself for your own satisfaction, not to make someone else proud. It took a while for me to recover after I had a similar experience, but recover I did. Now I run, swim, do Uni and learn soldiering because *I* find it fulfilling .. if other people like it it's a bonus.

Take care of yourself, mate. Oh, and one final thing .. if you see your ex with a bloke, don't jump to conclusions unless you see them kiss or etc. I got into a wholly unwelcome fight a while ago because a girl who is one of my best mates had split with her bloke, and he saw me consoling her and thought I was trying to get in, so just started on me with no warning. Also, I managed to successfully defend myself, so if you meet the same response, you may feel even worse after!

Take care mate.

Si :)
  • Options
    Hey will are you full of straw?

Thats what I was getting at earlier when I said about having a beer.
    Will you know I live in Darlo. we could meet up and have a 'cup of tea' and a chat.
    Although you have to promise not to cry:-)
    E-mail me any time.
  • Options
    BBB - thanx for the offer but at the mo im not up to keeping it together
  • Options
    Will I understand, if you are like me (and from what I've read I think we have a simmilar psyche)then the last thing you want is to appear 'weak' to a complete stranger.
    When you are feling a bit more like yourself we should get together and have a run and a beer (post pills).
  • Options
    Will - you were the first person I replied to on this website after lurking for sometime - It's opened up doors I never expected over the past few months.

It's easy for us to say it, but I think a load of us will have gone through messy break ups in the past - it may feel like crap now, but it does get better, just takes time.

Keep up the training if you can too, it will help....

If you want to scream at the world do so... get it off your chest. If you're like me and you bottle things, you'll find they eat away at you and make you bitter, the sooner you deal with things fully and say "f*ck it", the sooner you can move on with your life.
  • Options
    We are nearly one and the same ep
  • Options
    That would be the liver failure EP !
  • Options
    I'm with the others Will - Hang in there mate and keep talking to your buddies here. It will help I promise you.
  • Options
    Comment on run was generous EP but OUCH! it hurts today!
  • Options
    Hi Will,

Just got in and wanted to check how things were.

I was on Seroxat for three years - and I certainly didn't have any of the problems that were highlighted by that TV prog that was on a couple of weeks ago, which I suspect is what has got you worried - I expect they are seriously rare, if you read the reported side effects on even simple things like paracetamol you'd probably never take anything.

My advice would be trust the doc, take the pills, and stick with them through the first few weeks. You'll probably have some side effects for the first week or so, but they fade pretty rapidly (I used to get a feeling a bit like pins and needles, a bit odd but bearable) and after a few days when they kick in you should find they take the edge off things. And they should help you get a decent night's sleep, which'll help.

Forget most of what you've heard about anti depressants, they won't 'sedate' you or just zonk you out, but they will help smooth out the roughest bits and at least let you deal with the emotions you'll undoubtedly go through with a sense of perspective and feeling of control.

At least you fot put on an SSRI type anti-D first, I got lumbered with the old fashioned tri-cyclics first (cos they're cheap) which made me worse and damn nearly did me in.

I'm a fair haul from North Durham (but from Ouston, near Chester-le-Street originally) but you can always Email. And I don't give a sh*t if you can't keep your composure, 'cos I've never met you so I've got no image of you that you need to live up to.

Good luck, and lean on us if (when) you need to.
  • Options
    Will - sending good wishes in your direction.

The Samaritans number is 08457 90 90 90, or go to the web site:

Samaritans

to get through directly to a local number, but I imagine the national number will re-direct you. They won't ask for any personal details or anything. Completely anonymous, apart fro (I imagine) giving your first name.

Hang in there mate :o)