Options

Keyworth Turkey Trot Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options
    hellen - at least your on the road to recovery just take your time and as for coming last if its between coming last and not running at all which would you choose, just as someone got to win someone got to be last
    mick- i guess it,ll be an early start for you sunday or are you traverling down night before?
    anybody no what the weather is for the day just so we no what to wear
  • Options
    well, according to the web it is showers, but that is a pretty long-range forecast and it may improve.
  • Options
    st b-im traveling down to gainsboro on sat afternoon.Gainsboro is about 1hr away from keyworth.Im staying at my uncles house who is having a 50th birthday party for my auntie on sat night so very little kip for me!!!!And no grog!!!!
  • Options
    mick- i think that is one party that your going to stick out like a sore thumb,dont even have one just remember all that hard work you,ve done you can have a good drink when you get back
    flanker - thanks for the weather forecast as long as its not to windy rain i dont mind
  • Options
    John Field
    Just read your recce on page 14 - very helpful thanks.

I've only just latched on to this thread as I had put all my efforts into Luton Marathon last weekend. Legs are just coming back to life - just of for a short run.

Really looking forward to this run, it sounds a great event. Entered ages ago as we are visiting family in the area. Found it on Runners World.

Good Luck to all
    Campo
  • Options
    St B - with you on that. nice gentle drizzle would be rally welcome. Wind? Hate it.

Well, think I'm going to be there. Did a 6-7 mile tempo session with a mate at lunch and a heavy hill session with the club tonight, and really enjoyed both of them without (yet) any reaction from the ankle. So hopefully it's ready for 13 miles.

All I have to do now is get these exertiosn out of the legs before the w/e! Think it is time for a few nice easy days :)
  • Options
    flanker, sounds like the ankle is going to be OK which will be a relief. The last few races I ahve done I have been on the start line worried as to whether I will finish due to niggles, at least you can focus on the running and not on the ankle
    did teh glutes excercise yesterday whcih the pysio gave me and a few more for good measure and am suffering today so much be doing some good, can run again in 9 days, not really counting down
  • Options
    st b -aye divvent worry about me and the drink on saturday night.The party is starting at 5.30 pm so they,ll all be half cut about 9ish and wanting to go to the local(i hope).Im taking some ear plugs down with me!!!Ive entered the ackworth half marathon in april,are you doing it?

flanker-good news about your ankle,hopefuly we,ll see you on the day.

hellen-at last you,re making some progress.This time next year you,ll be firing on all cylinders ready to go!!!
  • Options
    mick - yes will be doing ackworth did it last year so ive got a time to beat , its a good half to do not hard but still a challage
  • Options
    Looking forward to Sunday. Havnt run since last week have had a head cold. Going out to do 4 or 5 miles later, and hopefully get another run in tommorow. Hope it dosnt rain.
  • Options
    getting close now ....

MtM - will defintely be there at the start and hopefully the finish.

hellen, yep, touch wood it'll be ok. It feels reasonably OK today. Glad your knee seems to be making progress ... even if your bum is now sore!!!
  • Options
    the knee isnt actually any better, was hurting from a wander around town today but at least I feel a bit happier about it now that I know what it is and what to do.
    good luck all for sun, rember plenty of carbs the day before but dont go overboard and think you can eat 10 mince pies!!
  • Options
    surely 10 mince pies is a normal amount, not carb loading??

Weather forecast is looking good: sunny intervals, top temp off 11 and 7 mph winds.

I might almost be tempted to run in just a vest!
  • Options
    flanker-bet you get arrested for flashing
  • Options
    afternoon all-just chilling today before the drive south tomorrow.Will pop on tomorrow to say my goodbyes etc.Have a relaxing evening everyone.
  • Options
    will be running in just my vest oh and shorts so if you see the eccleshill vest make sure you say hello, and good luck everyone
  • Options
    mick the mackem 1139
    flanker 1247
    John Field 3008
    CD 3029
  • Options
    mick the mackem 1138
    flanker 1247
    St Bernard 2125 Eccleshill Road Runners blue vest
    John Field 3008 dark blue helly
    CD 3029 Scunthorpe & District Blue vest - black bin bag if cold
    tomb raider
    campo
    Anne-Marie King
    popsider
  • Options
    St B, if it gets much colder I might be able to run in just a vest and not get arrested :)
  • Options
    flanker-just rember your shorts
  • Options
    I will be at the back in number 8110, running too slowly for skimpy outfits so will be in nice blue long sleeve with cancer research 10k top over it and leggings. Have to wear fairly new trainers as much beloved running shoes have just started leaking at a most inopportune time. However, did do 8 mile plod last week in new shoes without blisters so should be o.k.
    Good luck to all, apparently we may even have some sunshine!
  • Options
    I will also be at the back looking a little apprehensive (first ever half mara) in number 7051. And I'll probably be the only one wearing trakkie bottoms - don't do leggings (not with my thighs).
  • Options
    ice-queen _ first half eh well done in taking the plunge and good luck just enjoy the day.
  • Options
    OK, I'll put something on the lower half, though depending on the temp I may be a wimp and got for the tights. (they're not a nice sight on me either, but I don't have to look at them so don't care!).

Ice-queen, welcome aboard. As St B says, it's your first one so just settle back at a steady pace and enjoy the ride. After all, you're guaranteed a PB!
  • Options
    Afternoon all-getting myself ready and packing my bag for drive south this afternoon.Welcome along ice queen im pretty sure you,ll enjoy the run tomorrow.
    I will be wearing a white t-shirt with "mick the mackem"on front and back.Either blue shorts or black tights depending on the weather and before the start if its cold I,ll have a pair of white overalls on,the same ones the police wear when theres been a murder!!!!!
    I,d like to wish everyone all the best and ENJOY the run.
    See you all tomorrow.
  • Options
    see you there mick drive safe and good luck
  • Options
    hope you all have a good run, will be thinking of you.The sun is shining today in loughborough up the road from keyworth.
    look forward to hearing how you all get on, I hope there are some PB's.
    Had another physio yesterday, pelvis had moved out again but was not as bad as before. Am religiously doing my exercises and doing a few extra sets each day just to make sure! Still have knee pain from just walking. Am hoping it will go soon cos I dont want to have to miss my boxing day race and the chritening of my Garmin which I am getting for chrissy
  • Options
    hellen- thanks love keep with it and try and be patient we know its hard not getting your dose off running but if your still getting pain from walking it must be bad take care and look after yourself and try not to get to down
  • Options
    I'm doing the TT tmrrw - 1st half marathon for 5.5 years....just how 'bad' is the hill @ 3 miles that everyome keeps warning me about?!
  • Options
    do you want the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, or a small lie ?