Flanker 1247
    glycogen free 1267
    CD 3029 - blue vest Scunthorpe & District
    St Bernard 2125
    Keyworth Gal 8040
    JARS 8122
  • Options
    JARS

It is just a matter of copying and pasting.
  • Options
    ..yes..so I hear, but as somebody tries to explain it, I find my eyes glazing over, and I start daydreaming of just nipping over the finish line before the 2.30 race limit is enforced!

Thanks anyway CD,I will learn

sometime
  • Options
    you can tell it's friday. Nobody got any work to do?

or ... can be bothered to do
  • Options
    flanker - you say you are thinking of doing the course slowely? Slow for you might be fast for me. What pace are you thinking of?
    I would prob like to do it the week after seagrave to give myself chance to do a 10 milish run the week before the event and kind of taper a bit but not too much.
  • Options
    gf had my sleep and woke up early to day 6am to 12 noon is enough sleep for me
  • Options
    jars - in the same boat as you hav,nt a clue how to do it and that nice man mr day comes along and doe,s it for me .
  • Options
    hellen, so would I. I must have got my dates mixed up as I thought they were on consecutive weekends. If there is a weekend in between that sounds a far more sensible idea!

I very much doubt my slow is your fast, unless you were planning on crawling it. Probably looking at somewhere between 9 & 10 min miles. Probably nearer the 10 - if I've done seagrave the previous w/e I'll be taking it pretty easy to let the legs recover.
  • Options
    Sorry - I was losing the plot and forgetting which forum I was on. It's the Clowne half on the w/e after Seagrave.

Therefore that w/e is a maybe, or the following 3/4 weekend which still leaves a week to taper. Or maybe even mid-week the week in the middle?

Hellen, are you doing Seagrave?

• Options
    Is there any danger of catching bird flu doing this run?
  • Options
    What shifts do you do, St. B? The chaps at our place run 18:00-06:00 and 06:00-18:00 rotating shifts. I'd find that difficult to work a training schedule around.
  • Options
    flanker - yes I am doing seagrave. Was thinking of doing it as a training run rather than a race. Apparently at mile 6 and 10 are check points with hot drinks and cakes so think I might stop at those for a drink, pea, stretch and nibble. On the worksop half I didnt drink enough before and during and suferred. My main concern about drinking is my small bladder. So on this seagrave thing, if I have decided beforehand that it is a slow training run I will be well hydrated and if I know I can p at mile 6 and 10 that will be a bonus. Time is not really an issue in this run becasue it is not a standard distance. My concern about seagrave is that it starts at 9am. normally I have breaky 2 hours before. this means either gettign up really early or eating closer to the race than normal. I am not sure that I could stomach my usual race breakfast at 7am!!
    There are two weeekends before the turkey trot and after seagrave. My preferance would be to pre run the tukey trot the weekend after seagrave so give me time to recover for the real thing. Dont think I could manage a half marathon after a day of work, esecially as it will be in the dark.
  • Options
    also planning to do Seagrave more as a training run than a race, partly because I've never done a multi-terrain race of that distance before and don't have a clue how to pace it and partly because I need to get some miles in. Have you already entered or are you doing it on the day?

That might be too much info about your bladder, but I get where you are coming from! Especially about stopping for cakes! I'm guessing it will mean getting up about 6 to get there in time to register etc. YAWN!

Seeing as I've not got around to sending off my form for Clowne, I could be up for pre-running the TT the following weekend. It will save me the clowne entry fee.
  • Options
    g-f 6 at night to 6 in the morning getting bread orders ready for the supermarkets and loading on to wagons ready for drivers to take out ,good hard graft that in volves alot off walking and lifting who needs a gym .usually get up about 2 and go for my run .
  • Options
    gf being doing nights 15 years now so use to them .
  • Options
    Flanker - just got my info back for seagrave with my number - 71 so I assume that is how many have entered so far. You dont get a number to pin on your vest just a registration number. You have to check in when you arrive even if you have paid in advance so that means getting there in good time. Although it suggests that parking may not be too easy so woudl want to get there early anyway. I have done 14.5miles once in training but that was on nice pavements so no idea what this will be like, expect it will be quite hard which is why I want to take it steady and stop at the two checkpoints
  • Options
    hellen, if they've only got as far as 71 so far I think I should be safe to enter on the day. I'm aiming to get there soemwhere between 7.30 and 8.

I haven't run more than 8 miles since going on hols back in early Oct, so hoping to get out tomorrow and do 10 to 12. I suspect that you are right about it being quite hard.
  • Options
    apparently they are expectin ga lot of people to enter on the day depending on the weather. I was going to do that but thought I woudl only make excuses not to do it!!!If I have paid my money I will definatly do it. If the weather is OK during the week then the course should be OK but if it rains every day it will be really muddy and hard work. I dont think it is overly hilly but there will be some climbs. hopefully the downhill will not be muddy otherwise I will be sliding down - might take plastic bag to use as a sledge!!
    went for a run today - 12 miles - had knee trouble again so not sure how it will be next week. My knee seems to be quite unpredictable at the mo. I think this week I need to just do a few short runs and lots of exercises to help my knees - lunges, squats, leg extensions etc. then pray!
  • Options
    muddy-nee bother with the sun city tri,if its ok with you i,ll bring info down to keyworth.We can arrange to meet up before the big day.If you want to do boxing day dip heres phone number for form:0191 5844556,its been organised by sunderland lions and theres no entry fee.You can do it wearing anything you like(as long as your bits are covered over!!).This will be my 4th dip and ive always been in a team of 10 in fancy dress.Last year was 70s bad taste,this year could be batman or elvis.Theres over 1000 people do it and we raised over 58k last year for various charities.The local firemen hose you down before you enter the north sea!!!!!Theres thousands turn up to watch and its good crack.
  • Options
    morning all hope every one is well and trained hard over the weekend ,and that we,ve got rid off are flu bugs .
    G.F- is the hip ok now?
  • Options
    Morning St.B. Still resting it, went for a hill walk yesterday, but it's not fixed yet. Got till Sunday to sort it out though, because that's my next half. I don't know how much training, if any, I'll be doing before then. Oh well!
  • Options
    Another new week and there's frost on the ground. I love winter running :)

Had a great weekends training - stuck my foot down a rabbit hole and twisted my ankle. GRRRRR! Managed to mostly run it off but it cut my long run short to about 6 miles. Just need to get a bit of strength back into it in time for Seagrae and the TT.
  • Options
    wet and very windy hear today not very good weather to run in ,
    is it not feeling a little bit easier gf it might ease off with a bit off a warm up it seems you dont have much luck with the injurys.
    flanker- to the hills with you ,for the strenth training do you a world off good
  • Options
    it was being up in the hills that caused the problem. That, and not looking where I was putting my feet.

Did 10k on the treadmill tonight and while it's a bit tender now it felt fine at the time. So should be OK for the weekend. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Went to the drs today. Apparently I have a viral chest infection. If it doesn't clear in 2 weeks I have to go back.

Looks like I will be pushing it to join you guys in the TT. On the bright side(!) my doctor said he'd have my place if I can't run!

Hope everyone else's training is going better.
  • Options
    Ah, with a chest infection you need to be careful. Best to make sure it's properly cured before you run. Sorry to hear you're suffering.

Erm, as for the doc taking your place... isn't his prognosis going to be somewhat biased now? :-)

Get well soon!
  • Options
    Well he did stress the no training till it's better bit. However with a husband who's had post viral syndrome for quite some time there's no chance of that.

• Options
    KG, sorry to hear about the illness. Especially as it's your local race too. Fingers crossed it clears up quickly, but as GF says, it's far better to play it safe with a chest infection.
  • Options
    KG,I do hope you get better in time for the tt.Ive got everything crossed for you.
  • Options
    Kg, hope you are feeling better today, dont do too much too soon however tempting it might be.
    Flanker - the weather is looking good for seagrave, it has been dry all week so hopefully shouldnt be too muddy unless we get a downpoor before then. knees still not right. Started hurting after 45 mins on tues so am going to do nothing until sat. Not sure if it the shoes (have had them 6 weeks the knee prob started 3 weeks ago), or if I did something at worksop to hurt them more than usual or if I didnt rest enough after worksop or if I have been doing too much speed/hill training.
    am considering seeing podiatrist/pysio/getting more new trainers but dont wnat ot throw good money away if all I need is a bit of rest. Am doing seagrave on sat then only 3 weeks to TT so not much opportunity for much rest but could at least lay off speed/hill sessions fo a week or so.