Looks like the sloe gin's going well too Loon image

Hope you're having a good Christmas x

• Options
    evening my first night on the wagon for weeks is going wellimage
  • Options

Didn't see you in there GD

Oh, hang on - on the Wagon, not in it image

• Options

I think a night on the wagon would do me good - I can't remember the last one! Been in PJs for a while now!........

Gorgeous bloke sounds good Loon!image 

• Options

great photies Hash image

• Options
    Thanks Loon, although I'm not sure some of the people in them will agree if they ever join FB and see them!image
  • Options
    TownerTowner ✭✭✭
    morning all, any brekkie goingimage
  • Options

<wanders in with bag of Christmas leftovers>

I have returned from Christmassing with Mrs Pink.  It was good but, as usual, we were beginning to grate on each other by last night. 

Hope we all had a lovely time image though sorry to hear you're not well ST image that's just rubbish with you heading off to snowy climes tomorrow.  Hope you perk enough to go.

<flops on sofa to watch Wallace & Grommit on pub Sky+>

• Options

Afternoon, pub.

Glad you had a good Christmas, TP. image

I'm still poorly, spent part of the night downstairs coughing, but it gave me a chance to catch up with Corrie which I'd recorded last night while I had a soak in the bath and an early night. I *think* I'm on the mend, and nothing will stop me going to Innsbruck tomorrow, even if I have to dose myself up with paracetamol and Lempsip!! I am hoping my appetite comes back so I can enjoy the Austrian goodies image

• Options

I'm sure you'll give it your very best shot ST.  Apple strudel does wonders for coughs I hear .... and they have some lovely wine there too I'm sure.

I'm trying to galvanise myself into emptying bags and getting stuff organised for going away again on Tuesday but I would apperar to be glued to the sofa.

• Options
    I have a friend who swears by Baileys for curing coughs and lurgies ..... but that may just be an excuse ... a good one though!
  • Options

Is this your trip with lots of friends to some lovely cottage, TP? Sounds like you'll have a blast image

I haven't done any packing yet, but I've looked out all my climbing gear so we can hopefully get up on the mountains and enjoy the snow. I don't think it's a posh frock holiday image

Still no plans for NYE and at the moment, the thought of a quiet night in is very appealing......LD will be in Bristol at some big party and AS will be out with his mates, so just Mr ST and me at home. And the cats image

• Options

No, the cottage thing is at Easter.  At NY I go and stay with friends up near Elgin, although 3 of the cottage people are also there.  Go up on Tues after work and probably come back on Friday.

Yours is definitely not a posh frock holiday, and probably not a shorts and bikinis one either image mine neither!  We'll probably head to the beach on NY day as usual - though will be funny as this is the first year without a dog to play with on the beach - the rest of the time is sitting around, eating, drinkin and chatting .... with the odd flurry of board game activity. 

• Options

Morning TP, Sweetest., LOONS, Tower, Hashette,

SWEETEST, PLEASE  try  two Raw garlic gloves on dry toast ( yes, it will taste like ....but the good news it will kill all the viruses ) do this every day  for three days ( just chew parsley for your breath ) you will feel great......happy Holidays to one and all. cheers, mac

• Options

Intersting suggestion but I'd stick with the Baileys ST - less chance of getting questioned about being a vampire hunter at Austrian Immigration.

<flings bags on floor>

Interesting couple of hours at the sales.  It would appear that nothing is crunching the credit up here if the crowds in town were anything to go by.  One jacket, one cashmere jumper, one pink silk top and one shiney silvery leather handbag was my haul today .... total spend £105 .... which I thought was quite good going image

<pours large G&T and awaits scintilating company>

• Options
    Insbruck sounds wonderful ! ( tries hard to suppress envious feelings !)

Have a great time ST and continuing healing vibes!

TP, fret not

Grating on the nerves of ones family is de rigeur in our family !

< tops up G and T for ST and leaves out Bubbly !>

<< it was our Christmas eve bubbly >>

<<< we were too fed up to drink it then >>>

<<<< not fed up with each other, just with life in general >>>>
  • Options

Evening, pub.

Garlic...hmmmm, if I weren't going away for a couple of days, I would try that, Mac. As it is...Lemsip and paracetamol will have to do.

I do still have an amazingly husky and sexy voice, so we could set up a pub chatline and I'll make us some money for our summer day trip image

• Options

Not sure I'd make us much money on the sexy voice chatline but I there may be a market for slightly squeaky Scottish speakers image

Summer day trip .... now where shall we go this year?  We went to Oxted last year.  Jolly good it was too image

• Options

Well, we could maybe have a return trip to Oxted this year, depending on events and plans and things. Another barbeque would be fun, don't you think? And hopefully you won't fall victim to that nasty bug you had last time and can stay to enjoy the whole thing.

• Options
    ...wonders when summer day trip might be !!..
  • Options
    Hello KK. Happy Christmas to you image Did you have a good time?
  • Options

Evening KK image  Festive greetings image

Time for a small seasonal refreshment?

Another barbeque would be fun but, as you say, I'll avoid the vomiting on the 22.10 to Victoria this time image and there won't be another First Communion this year to make me leave for Essix at stupid o'clock.

• Options

<pours Krug for all>

I have not been idle.  As well as chatting in here I've ordered a new sports bra and 6 cushions which I saw in town today but cba to lug home on the train.

Such thirsty work ...

• Options

I saw you did some good sales shopping today, TP. I haven't ventured out to the big shoppy things but hope to make up for it at Gatwick tomorrow morning and then in Innsbruck image

My packing is done, Mr ST is doing his. I have a choice of 10 books to take (Santa Claus was very good to me!) and the big jumbo crossword from the Times to do on the plane.

Sprechen Sie deutsch? I might need to put moomoo on standby for interpreting services!!

• Options
    I've decided to go into work on Monday & Tuesday this week in an attempt to claim back some normality before heading off for NY celebrations.  Two weeks is too long for me to be kicking about doing nothing constructive, I just spend money and slob about too much.
  • Options
    Well, my work is closed so I can't go in anyway (the *proper* workers have their additional concessionary days between Christmas and New Year, so people like me who only get paid when we turn up can't earn anything) - but I do enjoy having the time off and going away will be lovely - lots of snow, yay!!
  • Options

Alas, my deutsch is practically non-existent.   I did manage to do a huge Starbucks order in Frankfurt airport when I was there in the summer.  Everything correct and a big yah boo sucks to the Deutsch speakers who thought it would be a laugh to go off to the loo and leave me to it image

Just read 'A Good War' by ?? Bishop (it's upstairs).  Can highly recommend it.  Same guy who wrote Bomber Boys but this one is fiction.