Options

Henley Half-Marathon

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I look great, apart from all of the ones where I am not at the 5 mile marker..which is most of them! #1219
  • Options
    Well done, everyone!

I must admit I felt I'd jibbed out rather by entering the 6 miler instead of the half this year, but I had a great run and it looks as though (touch wood) my injury is well and truly behind me. I am informed that I was 3rd lady finisher in 45 minutes so was very pleased indeed considering I treated the race as a fast-pace training run.

I will definitely be back to take on the half next year - I missed not having to climb that hill...

• Options
    I was talking to Andrew Gardiner when I finished (The guy that won the race), and he was in the loo when the gun went off! After about a mile he came past me, like I was standing still and straight into the lead group, after having to get past 1200 people! (Apparently he did the first mile in 4:45!) and managed to beat me by 3 mins!

N.B - Jefsy, I was 28:38 at 5 miles, so you must have been snapping at my heels? Glad I did not look back :-)

Congrats to you all? Anyone doing NYC marathon? I guess all those miles training for it helped in the second half of my race?
  • Options
    Anyone else chip time out on their watch time? My chip time is nearly 2 mins outside watch time. Can only assume it was due to bottleneck at start and signal being picked up before reaching the startline but seems miles out. Wondered if it was just me and a dodgy watch?
  • Options
    no photos of me up yet thankfully - perhaps there is a god after all! :-)
  • Options
    Awful photos as per usual - nice background of the river in one of them though!

My watch and chip times match exactly - amazing.