Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options

got wet this morning rung image

• Options

ITs been a bit of  grim day but managed 5 miles in the dry this evening.  Got to make the most of the light evenings before the clocks go back...

Great RK.  Enjoy less travelling.

• Options
    Looking forward to next week - starting a great challenge in work. We are 7 teams of 4 seeing who can (virtually) run the 870 miles of the Welsh coastline. By virtually I mean that you log your distance covered each day (run / walked) and subtract it from the total. We are setting out to do a minimum of 5 miles per person per day to complete the challenge in 7 weeks. Should be really good. Day 1 will be a Team Building day walking Bath Skyline to kick it off in style. A great way to drag me off my backside 7 days a week! I plan to run 3 or 4 days and walk the rest.
  • Options

Morningimage

That will be a fun challenge Kev image - and you can add those treadmill miles which means you can make progress on your challenge regardless of the weather image

I am quite a fan of treadmills despite the mundane nature of them - no matter how far you go, you can always stop and get off and be home already!

Running on the beach is a real treat Nutty - is that surface intentional for recovery, or just a nice place to run?

Sounds like you had a good weekend Seren - I expect the murder mystery evening was fun... unless you happened to be the victim!

• Options

glad to hear that you are running Nutty....

boffin it was quite fun,........and something my mother enjoys..this has been our third in 3 years.. all different conpanies.....

• Options
    Morning all. Cardiff today and a night out with our National MD. Best behaviour tonight then! Overnight stay so no working from home tomorrow image

Have a good day all.
  • Options

Evening all

good luck with your team event RK.  Sounds good.

Boffin - I just love running along the beach, fresh air and soft under foot. 

Seren - great news all round for you.

Nearly the weekend - hurrahimage

• Options
    Evening all. On way home image Going straight out to a Family Charity Event which should be good.

Beach running is indeed good NR.
  • Options

been runing in the brecon beacons today.luckily missed all the rain and had some beautiful views off the peaks..

• Options

Evening all

Seren - that sounds lovely.  I only go to Brecon when racing.  Must go another time.

RK - hope Charity event went well.

• Options

had great fun at the cross country on sunday.the hilly, wet and muddy courses suit me better than the flat ones......managed to stay on my feet and beat a few ladies who normally beat me....even on tired legs....

torch run tonight with club....they have one every month which is great fun...

• Options

had great fun at the cross country on sunday.the hilly, wet and muddy courses suit me better than the flat ones......managed to stay on my feet and beat a few ladies who normally beat me....even on tired legs....

torch run tonight with club....they have one every month which is great fun...

• Options

just had our passports back and the visas for china have been approved..so excited.....

going to have to book all the internal flights now.5 cities in 10 days.. image

• Options

Evening all

Where did you run on the weekend Seren?  I did the West Glam league at the Gnoll in Neath.  Tricky course.

Enjoy China SEren.  Its an amazing country.  My nephew has been living out there for three years.

Was in Bangor on Monday and Tuesday with work so its nice to be back at home.

• Options
    I've always wanted to go to China Seren - have a fab time.

Like you NR, I was away with work Mon and Tuesday in Bath. We did the skyline walk on Monday which was fun.

Working from home for two days now. Was meant to go to London today but a cold means I didn't fancy a 14 hour day up and back so I asked to be excused from the meeting.
  • Options

Pontypool cross country for me Nutty.. image

My son really does seem to be loving his time over there......he and his flatmates are  mixing and are managing to get some of the chinese and malaysian students to cook for them....The boys are paying for all the ingredients and they are getting an authentic meal cooked for them......but they all differ as they are from different regions......and the local student gets to cook all their favourute meals image

• Options

Evening all

Seren - my nephew hardly ever cooks and seems to drink a bit too.  Its part of the culture out there.  Glad to hear your son is enjoying.

RK - hope you feel better.  Lots of bugs around at the moment.

I am in the Welsh team for the International cross country event in Nottingham in November.  Better start training!

Enjoy the weekend allimage

• Options

well done Nutty.....

I;m off to bed shortly.. had a manic 24 hrs........

went to see a Ray cloney farce last night... got home about half past 10 and within 15 mins was changed and out for a long run....6 hrs in the dark over the mountains.. ( and getting lost only 2 miles from home ).......

then 3 hrs sleep and attended an open day at the university of south wales.....so well ready for sleep now

• Options

Evening all image

Been AWOL for a few days - seem to have been very busy in the few hours I am awake and not working... Boff Jnr and I completed the OMM in the Cheviots - 7hr+ drive up and then back again! Nice challenge; found all the controls and even survived the strong winds on the overnight camp - more than some tents did!

Off to China Seren - don't forget to pack your running shoes image

How is the leg Nutty?

• Options
    Well done on the OMM Boff.

One more day left in work then a long weekend in Cheddar for me.
  • Options

Afternoon allimage

Nice photo of you on Alex's FB page Nutty image

Any cheese on the menu Kev?image

Boffette is getting jealous of all this mountaineering lark; she wants to have a bash - so off to the hills we went for a quick recky yesterday afternoon up to Llyn yr Fan Fach after first going in the opposite direction up the hill to a lovely stone circle image Bit windy up there and quite a bit of horizontal light rain (still stung and took your breath away), but despite all that and returning from the lake as it was turning dusk - she still enjoyed and wants to do more image

• Options

knackered  too much drink this weekend on a girlie weekend and then went and did the Bryn and Bog race today....13.5 miles and it was very hilly and muddy ..

and I had some lovely cheese yesterday image

• Options

Afternoon (morning for me!) image

Knackered but happy Seren? Sounds like you had fun, which is what we all need from time to time - good for you image

• Options

Evening all

well done on your training Boffin.  No wonder you are tired.

Seren - well done on your race.  You have to do these things!

The atmosphere at the race yesterday was fab.  Shame I pulled out at half way!  Ah well.... not the end of the world!

I went to Dolacouthi gold mine last week and did a fab walk from there over mountains and through forests.  The mine is shut for the winter but amazing countryside over there. 

• Options
    Hi all - Back from Cheddar and yes I had some cheese - nice it was too! Walking seems to be popular at the moment - I had a lovely walk to the top of Cheddar Gorge, a fairly big climb but worth it for the views.
  • Options

its lovely up there Kev isn't it...image

Nutty...hope that pulling out wasn't for anything major.....image

• Options

Evening all

RK - Cheddar is lovely.  Nice to get away.

Seren - thanks, I just set off too quick!  Running went well this evening though.  Hope you have recovered from your weekendimage

• Options
    Yes, it was nice guys.

Glad you're ok NR.
  • Options

Afternoon image

So long as you are not injured Nutty - lots more events to tinker with pacing image

Mmmm Cheese!image

Long time since I have been to Cheddar Gorge; must make the effort and take the children - from what I remember it is well worth the trip image Are the Blue John Mines and Mam Tor in that region as well, or am I getting my memories confused?

• Options

Ah, just had a quick look on the wondrous thing that is the internet; I am obviously getting old and my memory is playing tricks... unless Derbyshire and Somerset have somehow become linked together!!!