Options

Scottish Runners

Comments

• Options
    Thanks bedshaped , watched your recovery and saw how fast you got back. You are realy doing well. If you are like me just being able to go through the motions is a blessing.
  • Options
    remohremoh ✭✭✭

just watched the adventure show which was on sunday, respect to everyone who took part in this years event and in previous years and not ashamed to admit that i started to fill up at the end.

puts everthing else into perspective image

• Options

I've watched it about 3 times Remoh and fill up every time.

You get your name down for Berlin bedshaped, you'll do great again.

• Options
    Hi Remoh, Karen D.  how was your training today?
  • Options
    remohremoh ✭✭✭

hello Tom not ran since Loch Ness but plan a 4/5 miles tomorrow

• Options
    Were you knackered up with latic acid in your legs?
  • Options
    I've not ran since loch ness either Tom, really bad chesty cough. I've started elevating my legs after a run and then squeezing my calves with my hands all the way down to my feet, i read a wee bit in chi running book about it. Feels good.
  • Options
    Karen, hope you recover soon, any more races coming up soon?
  • Options
    Just Glen Clova half Dundeerunner. whw training starts again next weekend and enrolled myself in a bronze medal 2 day map reading course the week after so i can go exploring further afield without getting lost!!
  • Options
    Hey SP , im from that end of fife, now over the water in Dundee though!
  • Options
    I I, so you have come up in the worldimage
  • Options

hi all

kiki d - hope the cough clears up before Glen Clova (i used to have two dalmatians called Clova and Isla), its a race ive always wanted to do but I work so many weekends. enjoy.

remoh, hope you manage out today, baby steps baby steps image

re WHW race, truly awesome.

im planning a group run later, if my wooziness disappears image stabbed myself in the hand yesterday, passed out and needed stitches image im such a clutz.

• Options
    Take care Dude, dufus.
  • Options

i forgot this morning and high-fived my neighbour. ow! image

request: more scottish marathons please. and more in november and december. thanks.

• Options

Oh dear Dude, ouch! Take care of that sore paw.

Yes, I agree, more marathons in Scotland please......preferably off-road, forest trails would be good, and not all happening within 3wks of each other...Cheers, TP image

LOL image...not that I'm fussy or anything image.

Morning everyone image. Lovely and sunny here today, I aint going running though, no no no!

Ooooh Berlin.......go for it Bedshaped image.

Looking forward to cycling at the weekend and NOT having to do an LSR.......YES! image.

Have a good day all image.

• Options
    Yes, more scottish marathons, but after the demise of Dundee this year due to poor entry numbers I suspect it will remain a distant wish
  • Options
    Lol DundeeRunner , oh yeah its brill image
  • Options

i assume you mean the demise of the dundee marathon and not the demise of dundee in general image

yes more off-road maras. we have all this wonderful countryside...lets use it!

I'm looking at cars. sick of missing races because i can't get to the race in time by public transport.

TP - luverly and sunny here too image and i'm not running either. oh no.

• Options

Steady on folks - if I am doing a Scottish Marathon grand slam next year I don't want too many image

In principle I agree. I think that the dearth of events in the winter months is a hangover from the days when we had real winters, which would have meant difficult conditions.

A few more one offs may pop up next year as it is the 2500 anniversary of the marathon, although 'not a lot of people know that'.

I think a lot does have to do with numbers. Scotland's small population is great in terms of living space and quality of life, but a bit of an achilles heel when it comes to getting numbers together. The trick is to get the 100 Marathon club folks interested. They are complete nutters, but are happy to travel about all over the place to do marathons.

TP - I know, these lovely autumn days are great for getting out, but no run fo rme either. Legs are a lot better today, so i reckon I could contemplate a gentle bimble at the weekend.

Dude - ouch. How on earth did you manage to stab yourself?

• Options

ooo that's interesting fb. i didn't know that.

and yes you are right. we don't really get hard winters now (which means an absence of excuses for a winter shutdown image....perhaps things will change but DR is right, if events like dundee keep folding we will never get anywhere.

it doesn't help when people like my brother will 'only do London'. he is determined to run one marathon in his life but, when he missed out on the ballot, he shrugged and said 'oh well...next year'. eh?

re hand...i could make up a story about how I saved a pensioner from three glaswegian muggers but I was trying to open a tin of soup with a knife. woke up on the kitchen floor image very embarrassing.

• Options
    numpty dude imageimage Did you not listen to your mum about opening cans with knivesimage
  • Options

dude my hand hurts thinking about it. ffb, run in Norway would be interesting. Marathon run in the land of the Midnight Sun. That means that there is sun light for 24 hours.  A friend of mine was in Alaska and had darkness for 24 hours. Why do you want more Marathons? I thought you have quite a few ultras to keep you busy.  We , at the most would run 2 to 3 marathons a year. I like small ones less than a 1000 out in the country. I did like Bostonj, but I don't get turned on going to marathons like New York.

Hope all of you are getting over Lochness and your legs are beginning to feel back to normal. I used to run everyday even after the marathon.; and would run at a hobbled pace, Lucky not to get injured even when racing the following week. It wa always a challenge to run thru the stiffness in the legs and trying to walk up the stairs at work. Thai is what I hated the most about marathons. I hated the delay to recover.

• Options

fb - yes i know i know image my mum is coming to visit me on saturday. she will make it better.

tom - i'm with you. anything much more than a 1000 just feels weird and claustrophobic. plus the marshalls tend to bark at you like you are sheep. at the glasgow half, after having blasted to a pb i was just tending to my angry knee by the side (not in anybody's way) and an officious marshall told me off. boo.

also I find that, paradoxically, the smaller the field the more likely you are to spark up a conversation with a fellow runner. which helps pass the time.

• Options
    TDA the rumoured demise of Dundee is just a vicious rumour put about by fifers!
  • Options

Tom, we only have a choice of 5 marathons in Scotland and are lucky that only one of them is a big city one. I suppose we are bemoaning the fact that we do not have greater choice, but then greater choice potentially means fewer runners at each event.

Although I am contemplating total madness next year, I generally agree that 2 a year is enough. The year I tried to do 3 was the year I got badly injured image, but I went into the first one under-trained, got the injury then ran the other 2 whilst injured - not sensible. Although in my defence, I had not realised the full extent of the injury. If I do go ahead with the grand slam next year I will be especially careful in terms of training, but also my approach to each one: I won't be going for any PBs image

I really like the smaller events too, they are much friendlier and the support is usually pretty good too. There is something really special about being out in the middle of nowhere and the locals making the effort to come out and give you a cheer image

There was loads of support at Loch Ness this year which was great image When I last ran it in 2006 it was pouring with rain and there was next to no support on the route and the stadium was near empty image

• Options

I like the smaller events too image. The numbers they had entered for Dundee sounded a fine amount to me......but obviously not fine enough for an events company that wants to make money image.

Looking at some hill runs / cross country for the Winter image....after Sundays 26m road disaster I feel the need for some mud and countryside imageimage.

• Options
    we need to expand the glasgow parkrun to a glasgow parkmara image
  • Options
    Lol...6x round the Park Dude image and add in Belahouston for good measure image.
  • Options

Hi Guys,

Not posting much as a bad case of CBA after the monster image

Bad timing really as I have 'The Charmer' on saturday and 'The Porridge Run' 5k on sunday !!  lol.
    (+ I am on nights this weekend ....)

Well done to all those at LN image

I will see how I feel next week as to whether I put in an entry for Eddies in Nov, might be just the kick in ass I need........

• Options

Oooh I didn't know that FFB. Hmm, maybe there will be something to celebrate?

Ouch Dude! Flippin heck, take care of that. 

Yeah Adventure Show was fantastic. Just watched it twice so far. Also had a greet, especially when clubmate had a greet at the end image  Just awesome stuff tho. Winning lady really made it look easy peasy!

LOL at the demise of Dundee DundeeRunner image

My leggies are feeling tip top today. My chafing still hurts and I'm lathering it with cream! Going for a post-massage tomorrow - ouch!! image

Don't like the sound of the parkmara image  Laps - no thanks image

Cross country season Tigerspaw image