Options

Scottish Runners

Comments

• Options

morning image

early night for me last night, sooooo busy at work, sore throat and not enough sleep... all took their toll so no training and early to bed but will make up for it on Saturday. taking it easy this morning so no run. Spin tonight though image

TP, sometimes I do overdo it but I usually know when thats coming and rest a bit, just go with the flow image

Good luck again to all CW runners... wish it was me image

FFB hope you get your runs in.

Joe, take it easy image

Gillian, Eric Clapton = absolute genius image Have never had the pleasure of seeing him live but what a man, have always been a fan image

• Options

Morning Tri; Have  agood rest day.

3 Eric Clapton fans on hereimageimageimage Never seen him live either, but lots of times in concert on youtube. Awesomeimage

• Options

surely more than just 3 Clapton fans BM image

yes a "rest" day for me involves 12 miles of cycling and an hour spin class image I will enjoy image

• Options
    Only time I've seen Clapton live was way back in 1988 when he played with Dire Straits at Wembley as part of a concert to celebrate Nelson Mandela's 70th birthday and it was pretty special. It as a great day and concert and the Straits/Clapton combo topped the lot. Lots of it is available on YouTube.

Enough delaying though, better get on and get out running. Thank god it's Friday!!!!
  • Options

TP - thanks for the suggestion.

As it turns out I did not train last night, so I will probably do 5 - 6 miles tonight. So, I am thinking that I will then try for 10 tomorrow and then 8 on Sunday.

I am a bit worried about next week too as we have relatives from new Zealand turning up mid-week, but I absolutely have to get an 18 -20 in next weekend. They are great walkers/hikers so may be we could all head out to some trails and they can walk and I can run

• Options
    Joe VolcanoJoe Volcano ✭✭✭

Rest day today as yesterday ran for 39min which has left me a bit knackered. Thanks for the messages.

Envious of Gillian, sounds like a great gig. Not seen him live but have him on several DVDs in various guises. Maybe my fave is him playing While my guitar gently weeps with George Harrison in the Bangladesh concert. Still my favourite Beatles song. But I've seen Santana and Page/Led Zep who are both great too in different ways.

• Options

Be sensible with the running Joe (coming from me who wanted to run as soon as I could after my illness!!!)

Hills for me last night with the girls at the club, hard session but glad I got it done, rest day for me today and off work too as it s the last day of my phased return.  Waiting in for a parcel today - 300 exam papers to mark in 3 weeks!

• Options

Joe V seen the Bangladesh video often enough. Great show.  Don Mclean is next gig. He will be good but "Clapton is God" as the graffeti said.
    Rest day today ...... and tomorrow come to that. How strange image Sounds like you are back to the old routine Kirsty. Good for you.

happy runs people

• Options
    Joe VolcanoJoe Volcano ✭✭✭
    Kirsty G wrote (see)

Be sensible with the running Joe (coming from me who wanted to run as soon as I could after my illness!!!)

Yes I well remember all those 'heart rate really high' comments in your training posts at the time!!

Joe

• Options

Hi all

Off to Durness over-night, so 'see' you all back in a weeks time.

Good luck all Edinburgh marathoners next weekend and other racers.

See you next week Elspeth imageimage.

• Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Good luck TP - bring some nice weather up to Durness and enjoyimage
  • Options
    Good luck Tigerspaw
  • Options

Shocking state of affairs, first post of the day at this timeimage

Just off for a wee run, 10m or so since CW next Sat.

• Options

Good luck TP!

Marshalled at parkrun today - was great fun getting to shout encouragement at runners! Really worthwhile doing it.  Got a 10k this afternoon back down at pollok park.

Joe - don't do as I did, do as I say!!!!!!! image

• Options

glad you enjoyed the marshalling Kirsty, should do it myself one week. image what 10k is it at pollok today?

spin again this morning and a gentle 4 miles as still doing Monklands half tomorrow - looking forward to it and hoping no injuries play up (namely stupid bursitic hip!! image)

off out for dinner tonight - not late though obviously and made sure pasta is on the menu image

good luck any other racers this weekend image

• Options
    Just home from the Loch Leven Half. Don't know my official time yet, but 2:05:53 on my Garmin - very pleased - target was 2:10.
    Good race - well-organised, friendly, great marshalls - I recommend it.
  • Options
    Well done Alison, that's well exceeded your target! What was the weather like. Bit cold and rainy here.
  • Options
    Thanks. Weather was quite good - warm and breezy.
  • Options
    Quite pleased with myself as I have now run 10 x 5k in the last 3 weeks. As a relatively new runner, I am concentrating on building stamina, technique and not pushing myself to injury by overdoing it.

Just completed the 9 week Get Running iPhone programme, which saw me going from total non-runner to running for 30 minutes continuously every time. Amazed at my own progress.

Doing the 5k in Holyrood Park (Challenge Scotland) in a few weeks. Will keep you posted on this, my first even.

Registered for parkrun too and will likely do this a fortnight today (can't next weekend as down South).

Brian.
  • Options
    Thanks tri chick.
    Good luck Wrxmania with your parkrun and Challenge Scotland - looks like you're doing well.
  • Options

A'noon.

Well done to Alison from me too.

• Options

Well done to Alison and welcome to wrxmania

Tric Chick - it was the Dick Wenlock memorial 10k. Back from it now ran 47.49 and picked up 3rd non- firefighting female.

Settling in for the night for Dr Who and Eurovision!!!!!!!!

• Options

Kirsty: Well done.

Oh No its Eurovision nightimageimage

• Options

Welcome to WRXMANIA.

On here, as its either 'Euro song contest' or ' Britains got talent'...image

• Options

Glad I was out and so no teli image

Welcome WRXMANIA ............how do we abreviate that ??

Well done Alison. Good time. Whats next ?

• Options
    It's abbreviated as Brian image I spent the night at the SECC with the musical genius that is Rush - avoided that dreadful Eurovision rubbish!
  • Options

missed the trash tv myself as well image

out for dinner to the Italian Kitchen, beautiful!! then a couple of (non alcoholic) drinks and the last train home - what a rabble that was!!

well done Kirsty on the 10k - didnt know about that 1!!! Half tomorrow (erm well today!image) though so probably wouldnt have been a good idea!!

Right should get some sleep now - night night all image

• Options
    off to Monklands half now - wish me luck, Im hoping for under 1:52... under 1:50 if Im really lucky! A friend has done it and says its quite flat so should hopefully be ok in that sense image