Options

Paris 2006

Comments

• Options
    Hail Hail

Carpet - email me.
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Oooh my legs. Went to the gym yesterday intending on nothing more than a slow gentle 10k and some weights. Got caught by one of the instructors who was organising a treadmill challenge. 5mins @ 5mph, 5 mins @ 6mph, 5mins @ 7mph, and so on until the tready hits top speed of 12.5mph. The first 10mins were actually quite hard (running that slowly is not normal for me!), but as I picked up speed it was more comfortable. I lasted a total of 5M in 37.30mins (Ithink!). I quit after 2 mins of 12mph. I'll try again in a couple of weeks after a couple of rest days (30M in the previous 3 days) and some decent carb loading. Also giving blood at the w/e may have had an impact. Anybody else want to try this one.
    BTW - after I'd caught my breath, I went on to do another 7k. Mad or what!
  • Options
    Sorry carpet for some strange reason i thought you might have meant chelsea.

Anyway how have you all been? Any runs past or present?

any PB's
  • Options
    Hail Hail

DM - a new half pb of 1.22.42 at East Kilbride about 7 wks ago. Edinburgh Marathon gave me 2.57.38 HURRAY!!!
  • Options
    That's great RB so i presume you shall be in London again next April!

Anything planned in between?
  • Options
    of course I meant chelsea DM. No races since Paris. The way it is going that will in fact be my last race.
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Poss GSR in Sep where I would look for 1.21 to qualify for NY
    Deffo Loch Ness Marathon in Oct where the target will be sub3 again.
    C'est possible pour Paris en Avril
    A GFA place in FLM where I will either race for 2.55 or if I do Paris, then just for the jolly.
    Howsabout you? Races? pbs?
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Oh dear. The 12M didnt go well then?
  • Options
    Yes i did the southend half (bumped into frankee) 1.50.18 which is a p.b as i did one about 17 years ago in 2.15. Got a 10 mile on sunday in Harlow.
    Sandwich half-marathon on aug 28th.
    Berlin sept 25 where i'm aiming for 3.45 and depending on how i feel there's the Beachy head marathon which is 5 weeks after that. I'd like to have a go at 2 marathons in a relatively short space of time although not a week apart!
    Whens Loch Ness?
    Oh and i joined a running club which seems to be helping.

Are you still doing Berlin carpet?
  • Options
    Not sure DM. Fitness is a struggle at the moment. If i get myself into about 3.30 shape I'll give it a go otherwise I will pass.

The 12 miler wasn't too bad RB - it was the thought of another 14 that is troubling me.
  • Options
    Morning!

Good weekend all? Had a couple of trot outs with Carpet, doing 7.5 miles in Richmond Park on Saturday and 15m along the river by Hampton Court yesterday.

Now back to work <sigh>.....
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Morning Guy. Total mileage for the week was 64M. Longest since beginning of March. Aaah the heady days of training for Paris and FLM!! Got a new pair of aSics Nimbus on Fri and just had to take them for a spin that night. fit like a glove so they do! Did a long slow run yesterday of 17M in just a tad over 2 hrs. The biggies have got to start coming now for BLNM - only 7 weeks to go including taper time.
    The new bhoy Nakamura started on Sat. Stuck out like a sore thumb he was so good. Completely different class. He'll terrorise Scottish football with his deft touches and silky skills. The good feelings are starting to come back with Maloney and Beattie both coming on to their game. And Balde leaving for Marseille will free up some of the huge wage bill.
  • Options
    Morning all.

Am still struggling with a tweaked hamstring from football last Saturday, so I took the slightly easier option of getting pissed Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Excellent training on stamina and control/balance.

Going to watch the Test next Saturday so more of the same!! Then I have 3 weeks to get fit for the Cransley Half.......doh!
  • Options
    Did a 10 mile race yesterday 1.17.32 was a P.B well it was my first 10 mile race!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Oh dear. you poor young man. Both physically and mentally, but also financially. Obviously. How can you afford such a binge on the pittance that you lotb earn? Or is it an indication of the types of pubs that you frequent!
  • Options
    RB, drinking cans of Special Brew in the local park is quite cheap you know.
  • Options
    Hail Hail

And tasty?
  • Options
    Like a dream. Surely being a Scotsman you know all about drinking super strength beer in parks. I thought everyone there did it?!

Sorry Rab C Nesbit, am I being stereotypical?
  • Options
    It gets cheaper when they section you as well, free accomadation!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Forget about the Caley. Try Buckfast instead. Superb stuff that. And induces a remarkable natural fighting style!
  • Options
    Good work DM. Doing Berlin? I like your training schedule CR.

Great to get the 3 points on the w/e RB. A nice slow 17 miler in just over 2 hours! (doesn't sound slow to me).

Had a couple of runs as GUy mentioned. Saturday was fine but Sunday was like death - transpired I ran the course 2 mins faster than what I had been doing previously so no wonder I was near death. Guy also helps out on the mental front. As I am gasping for breathe he starts loosening up as though he's Bob Willis coming in off the long run - it was heartbreaking.

How great was the cricket? Superb viewing. COngrats to you blokes and it's great the series is alive. Top quality.
  • Options
    Carpet - I couldn't have asked for a better ticket - Saturday (day 3) at Old Trafford, with the series at 1-1. Hopefully if it is half as good as this Saturday, should be a scream. However, Old Trafford being reknowned for being a decent spinning wicket plays straight in the fat b*****d Shane Warne's hands.
  • Options
    Cheers carpet, was pleased with the time. Yep am doing Berlin.
    Missed the bleeding cricket though!

What did you make of the game yesterday? From an Arsenal point of view pleased with the performance not the result, although defensive lapses still present. All in all though think were looking good
  • Options
    Hi all

Have put my entry in for FLM, but am seriously considering Paris for a change of scenery. I presume from all the people on here that it comes highly recommended?

If I do sign up I'll be bringing wife and child, can anyone suggest some travel/accomodation tips, when to book up to save costs etc?

Cheers, and hopefully will be here a while yet.

By the way - David M - thought Arsenal looked solid enough but really missing PV a a creator of goals. Something was lacking although overall they looked better then Chelsea.
  • Options
    Hail Hail

PJ - enter online from Sep (usually after FLM rejections go out it sells out v quickly). Fly to CDG airport and bus into city centre. Then Metro is ideal and will get you anywhere you want to go (incl EuroShitney for the wean - how old?).
    Try www.hotelvaladon.com
    We used it last year and it was perfect for us and 3 weans. 10min walk from the start, 15 from the finish. In a good area with parks, Eiffel Tower (15min walk), good bars/restaurants, Metro 2 mins.
    Loads of hotels still available at last minute although further out.
  • Options
    DM thought the game was ok but doesn't mean too much. you guys will always look better as you play a different style but there was no real threat. I think the season will be closer than last year.
  • Options
    Yep agree with what you said.
    What pleased me was i thought we didn't miss viera at all. Still need to learn how to cross the ball though!

Anyway any further thoughts on Berlin yet?
  • Options
    Thoughts are that the flight tickets are wasted. Have also found out that I will be in Germany on business week begining 8 sept so that will put a further dent in my hopes. I've got 4 weeks to get into 3.30 shape so I'll make an assessment then if I am going to do it or not.
  • Options
    Hello...llo...llo. Is anybody out there....there...there??
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Noooooo.....oooooo......oooooo