Options

LOST

Comments

• Options
    This is also why I avoided Desp' Housewives.
  • Options
    Feel the same. Am avoiding tv relationships as have not got the time or energy for late nights. I was extremely hurt when Superstars finished with me & was doubly hurt again when the BBC told me that it was never coming back to me.

*sob*

Apart from America's Next Top Model which is on tonight & I can't wait!
  • Options
    Did anyone see 'Lost Revealed' on E4 on Saturday night?

Turns out the first series is 25 episodes and they're talking about more series (no idea how to make that a plural - serieses or seri??). I thought it would fit the formula of: crash - solve mystery - get rescued - live happily ever after but perhaps not. One theory among U.S. audiences, apparently was that the 'survivors' died and are now in purgatory.
  • Options
    Oooh - I watched it at the weekend. I quite like it and I reckon the monster is an elephant or something.

Do you reckon it would be possible for the survivors of a plane crash to go unfound for more than a week or so on a desert island ?
  • Options
    So what do we think now?

I'm a week ahead - is anyone else?
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Now, I know it's only a drama and not a real but can anyone explain please:-

How come Mr Luck could suddenly walk again?
    How did he get all those knives checked in?
    Why did he not get killed by the monster?
    Why, when he was at the memorial service, did he suddenly look so much better and not like he'd just been in a fight with a boar/monster - no blood, fit as a fiddle?

And why are they not getting sunburnt?

Thank you

:-)
  • Options
    I've taken to watching the CH4 and E4 episodes together so I get two at once but only one every fortnight. Then I only feel all tired & yucky every other Thursday. (Can't deal with late nights anymore)

I wondered about Locke's 'miracle' walking - from the opening scene, where he's wiggling his toes experimentally, I was waiting for the story behind it. I suppose it depends on why he couldn't walk in the first place. I suppose, if the injury had been neurological, a bang to the head could have reinstated whatever bit of wiring had gone awry Either way, if he'd been confined to a wheelchair for a period of time, his leg muscles would surely have weakened.

With the knives, I think the airlines let you put pretty much anything in checked baggage. He'd not have been able to access his knife case from check-in to baggage reclaim so his knives would pose no threat. Seems a bit odd to carry them at all, though.

I suppose the story of his encounter with the monster will be revealed in a future episode. No idea how he cleaned up so quick, maybe the blood looked worse than it was?

Is Locke really an ex-colonel or just a majorly weird fantasist? He kind of proved himself with the boar, though.

The 'no sunburn' thing is weird. Maybe the plane was carrying industrial amounts of spf20? No heatstroke/sunstroke either.
  • Options

1. We don't know how he can walk again so suddenly. What mystifies me is that he can do so much - if you'd been in a wheelchair for a few weeks never mind years, your muscles would be v weak.

2. Locke checked the knives into the hold, not the cabin.

3. Pass. It's something to do with him seeing the 'heart of the island' (won't say too much as will spoil next week's).

4. Erm, didn't notice. He's had that vertical cut since the beginning though.

5. They show them staying out of the sun a lot (sleeping). I think they must have found suncream in the luggage. Comes up briefly in next episode.
  • Options
    Is it just me or is Locke weirdly fanciable? Not standard-issue eye candy but not bad in his own way.
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    LOL Scooby!

I do know exactly what you mean though. For an older man, there's definitely sommat about him.
  • Options
    hmmm yes - he has that Patrick Stewart sort of thing going for him
  • Options
    I do have to say I find the bit of rough (that's hoarding stuff) much more attractive than the doctor but I can see what you mean about Locke.
  • Options
    The hoarder is pretty tasty but my choice would be Dr Jack every time . Not keen on lifeguard guy - Shannon's brother, he's a bit odd looking. So, who is 'the tastiest bit of trouser on the island'?

Bet no-one votes for Hurley (the fat bloke, who says 'dude' a lot)! ;-)
  • Options
    Ooh I don't know about that, Scooby. I'm not that way inclined but if I was at least he would be a comfortable option.

The "monster" reminds me of Michael Bentine's flea circus where all you could see were little puffs of sand as they moved about - strangely terrifying.
  • Options
    Scooby - Dr Jack's my choice too - but I don't get this hoarder thing... I think he deserves a good punch!!
  • Options
    Am getting confused so:

Jack Shephard - Dr
    Kate Austin - Dr's lady love with a shady past
    Charlie Pace - druggie Brit
    Sayid Jarrah - Iraqi
    James Sawyer Ford - hoarder
    Michael Dawson - guy with the kid
    Walt Lloyd - kid
    John Locke - colonel of the knives
    Shannon Rutherford - spoilt brat
    Boone Carlyle - stepbrother of spolit brat
    Hugo Hurley Reyes - fat bloke
    Jin-Soo Kwon - Korean husband
    Sun-Soo Kwon - Korean wife
    Claire Littleton - pregnant babe

So I deffo fancy Sawyer, mta but he supposedly hates his long hair which I find most attractive.
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    LOL DavidB!!!

Michael Bentines Pottytime. You couldn't see them but could only hear them. Or see footprints in the snow.
  • Options
    Phew, thank goodness for Sezz - for one awful moment I thought no-one would know what I was talking about (it does happen you know).
  • Options
    I found a flea a couple of nights ago on our sofa. Actually not sure if it was a flea as a) had pulverised it too much to tell and b) have no idea how a flea would get in to the house.
  • Options
    I think it's just a case of 'Charlie' taking too many drugs on the plane and it's all in his mind; he comes round at the end of the series and says something about it being the heaviest 'trip' of his life, before asking Gandalf to go and get him some rizzlas from the Spa.

I had a quick scan of this thread to see if this had been alluded to already but I've got spoiler paranoia now (and that better not be true, McG!).

Good series though (typical nearly all being so good looking though), I likes it and hoping it gets a lot more weird.
  • Options
    Toria - a flea can just jump on you from outside to get into your house, but if you don't have pets it won't survive long.

I'm really enjoying Lost - a little weird but interesting. I think you need to forget all the rules than normally apply (ie sunburn) as I don't think the island is quite right (polar bears?)
  • Options
    I'm enjoying Lost. It's obviously a wee bit silly, but fun.

There seems to be a bit too much male totty and not enough female totty though. Whatever happened to foxy air stewardesses eh ?
  • Options
    True. Maybe some more will materialise, out of the sea - all naked.
  • Options
    A few queries about things then:

Were all the pax that survived in the middle part of the aircraft? The tail is shown breaking off in those flashbacks, and the front end is somewhere in the jungle. Why haven't they gone back to the front bit to scavenge for supplies?

What do you think is the 'cause' of the plane breaking up? There was someone saying on that 'Lost: Revealed' programme that the plane was crashed on purpose.
    From what we've seen, I think it looked like a structural fault for it to break up in mid-air.

Are there more survivors on the other part of the Island?

• Options
    IC, the air stewardesses all died - though one made a brief appearance in one of Dr Jack's early flashbacks. Someone once told me that cabin crew are told that they are 'expendable' but passengers and kit are not (i.e save the passenger, not yourself; let the hijacker kill you rather than let him in to the pilot). Sounds a bit extreme but maybe it's an urban myth or something.

One thing I like about the hoarder, Sawyer (had to read back through to check his name, nice name though) is the way he sits on the plane seat on the beach, reading his book and letting it all happen around him.

Is Kate Dr Jack's 'love interest'? But Jack is mine...sob sob sob ;-)

• Options
    I can see that Lost may start to annoy me after about 20 eps unless we've found out lots of thing.

Its like Twin Peaks was good for a while and then it just went mad.
  • Options
    I think Sawyer fancies Kate also, there'll be a love triangle there (vaguely er*tic moment in next episode).

If the turbulence happened suddenly, the cabin crew won't have had a chance to sit down & belt up so would have been the first to die by getting sucked out when the aircraft depressurises.

Was there a hijacker?
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Charlie (great name for a drug addict) certainly got his supplies from the front part of the plane.

I like the way each episode leaves us with questions.
  • Options
    Good question Toria, how did it crash? From the flashbacks it hit some major turbulence then ended up on the island in bits. I agree that the tail coming off midflight looked a bit like it was structurally dodgy. Wouldn't the mid section and the front bit break-up be explained by hitting the ground at lots of miles per hour from very high up in the sky? Apart from Brit-boy retrieving his drugs stash, didn't look like there were too many supplies in the nose section when they went to get the radio thingummy.

I like Saeed's idea that there must be a power source on the island. That would imply some kind of 'settlement' - again, I vote for French animal experimentation.

Why can't 'Lost' be shown at, say, 8 pm? Can barely keep my eyes open today - can't cope with being up till midnight anymore ;-)
  • Options
    Its repeated on E4 at the weekend I think ? Any earlier ?