Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options

if it was my house - mr would have been told no!!

fortunately my husband is not at all competitive, despite being a good cyclist and runner (but carp swimmer - only because he has never been taught, i have no doubt he would be good at that too if he bothered).  Through all the years of preganancy and very small persons he played football once a week and that was sacred time out.

• Options

Mouse, no off hand.  it will be on the website at the moment

I can sort them out for you at some stage if you like

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Mouse - do IMDE then woman! simples!

goodness me, Slacker must only be about 12 if he's got such a low number for Nice

• Options

I would appreciate being given one (if the situation arose) because it would release me from guilt because these things do impact on the family.

You and me both.

I'm considering dropping the run and swim and focussing on cycling (and squash since I'm moving back to where works leagues are based) for a few years, although that's not entirely compatible with wanting to do Bala next year.

Ref non-wetsuit swim. This might sound a bit tritalk - but if it could happen you should practice it.

SVT - you'll be starting to lower the handlebars a spacer at a time until all the spacers are 'on top' soon!

• Options

IMDE cutoff times: 

Cut Off-Times

The following cut off times apply for the different race portions beginning

at the starttime and for the entire race:

Swim: 2 hours 20 minutes

Transition 1 2 hours 30 minutes

Swim and 1st loop of Bike Course: 5 hours 45 minutes (that's 61 miles into the bike)

Swim and Bike: 10 hours

Swim, Bike and Run: 16 hours after the Racestart

Mousers, I've been looking at your times from Bala. I've doubled your swim time and added in your Bala transition to give you a predicted swim +T1 time of 1:40. This means that you would have to ride the 15k to Frankfurt plus 1 lap of the bike in 4:05 which is a fraction under 15mph for 61 miles and 500m of climb. At Bala, you did 52 miles at 14.2mph...but with much more climb. In short, you'd make the first bike cut-off at your current level of fitness.

The second bike cutoff means riding an extra 51 miles in 4:15 (12mph) and a 6 hr marathon. Obviously, you'd go faster than 12mph for the second 51 miles, so you'd have more than 6 hours to complete the marafun.

In short, while anyone has to be careful of the first bike cut-off at IMDE, it shouldn't inconvenience you at all.

the 'no wetsuit' thing is un herring rouge; in 06, the race was in late July to accomodate the Wedyball World Cup...and in a ridiculously hot year,,,Trickers is right, it would be good to practise, but it's finding water warm enough in dear old blighty!

• Options

That is why I did the Swimathon non-stop, it was the nearest I could think I would get to swimming that distance under 'race' conditions without a wetsuit. image

I have run 10 miles, I was bored silly, I don't like running on my own much but as the club do off road runs in the summer I won't be back for a few weeks as I don't want to twist my ankle in a rabbit hole.

• Options

Ant - wise, very wise.

Can I Morbidsluts for tomorrow?  I'm working, then its the Wockette's sports day.  I'm mildly terrified.  My own sports days always terrified me,  and as I am (should that be was?) rubbish at sports and always horrifyingly last, after the kid with one leg.  I don't want that for K.  Nor do I want to do the Mum's race, though I'll be bullied into it if it is happening, because I can't do sprint starts and anyway it freaks me out to have people watching me that closely.  And the expectation... image

Lurker - I've been pondering your rationale for Stratford over London all day and I'd say London is by far the most anonymous race I've done.  Smaller ones make you stand out much more.

Off to bed.  Its as hot as a med holiday tonight.  I should have been drinking sangria.

• Options
    ¿ɐılɐɹʇsnɐ uɐɯuoɹı ɹoɟ ǝuoʎuɐ
  • Options

Many thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement and support, on here FaceStalk and in person.  It means more than I can convey via this medium.  For those bored enough on Sunday, my number is 374.

Apologies for not reading back, Im knackered.  Love you all image

• Options
    PirateATOMPirateATOM ✭✭✭

good luck slacker

good luck Mouse 

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

*yawns loudly*

Well I'm awake.  When can I wake him up then?

• Options

Now

Have a cracking time 

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Hope you have a fantastic race Slacker - I'm sure you will - a racing snake like you will get up those big french mountains easily

Mouse - enjoy the supporting and don't forget your sunscreen - are you going today? Oh, and I see you've made up your mind for IMDE - good on you

it's foggy as anything here - I'm going for an OW swim and a bike ride with Jaggy today but we've put it off till noon

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Good morning.

He made it until 0640 before I went and banged on his door.

We're almost gone.

Can anyone remember if the Ibis had hairdryers please?

Foggy, goodness me, how strange.  Enjoy your swim and your ride with Jaggy (this isn't that ride from weeks ago put off where you went for coffee is it?

Beebs - you was up early.

• Options

Morning all.

Have a great time Slacker, enjoy the race. 

Have a great time Mouse, enjoy supporting and squealing at Slacker.

Nice one SVT, but no thanks.

Good running Min and Mins friend. 

General support and well dones to everyone else, and nice pressie on the green card Wotsit.

• Options

Go go go Slacker

Have a great time Mouse and enjoy the whole event

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Mouse - Crash, Squish, BtS and I were in an apartment so no idea on the hairdryer question

yes, this is the ride from many weeks ago, but that was going to be a long one, and this will be shorter as we're both too lazy!

I expect you're gone by now though - have fun xx
  • Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Morning All

Good luck Slacker and good cheering Mouse.

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭
    SVT how did you do the upside down bit?
  • Options

Goooooooooood morning Wooooooostershire!

It's a lovely day and I haven't thrown up once image it's also my third wedding anniversary. Funnily enough, it's Squish's too...we were married on the same day, dontcha know? image

Hope that the Mouse/Slacker como has fun in La France!

• Options

Good morning all,

Tis a lovely day here again today, I may even go back out on my bike again later.

Safe travels Mouse and Slacker.

And a very happy anniversary to Hamster and Squish, may you have a lovely day what ever you two get up to.

• Options
    ¿ʇʌs ʇɐɥʇ op noʎ pıp ʍoɥ ɥɐǝʎ
  • Options

Congratulation to you and to Squish, innit odd that you both post on here too. Have you met? image

The boy NGL has left us for 3 days today off on an adventure holiday with the school, he was all excited yesterday, but was very cuddly this morning and a bit nervous, he's not been away from us before, it will be odd at home tonight.

• Options

¡ʍoɥ ʍouʞ noʎ uǝɥʍ ʎsɐǝ s,ʇı

Thank you, gentlefolk!

Hope all goes well for small NGL. Each of mine got shipped off to the Outdoor Centre at Malvern with school and had a fantastic time!

Congrats also to HL's little'un on winning his A race image

• Options
    Its not the adventure stuff that worries me its him having to go to North Wales!! image
  • Options
    Good point well made image  Don't forget to enjoy your time without him!
  • Options
    North Wales is great, just a shame about the people that live there! Well apart from Min, who is as lovely as a lovely thing, that could be lovely!
  • Options

Indeedy, who's boots are those shoes, and my brother is a corporal in the RAF he's a sergeant now mind etc...

Does that mean we have to talk to each other then?

• Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Crashie and Squishy image
  • Options

Did someone mention North Wales?

I want to do IMDE. *sulk*. I hate not having a job.

Good luck on racing Slacker, and supporting, Mouse.

Congratulations to Crashie & Squishie!

Went to watch the cycle racing in Chester last night - poured down with rain, but they were still hitting 28 mph on the cobbles in a corner!!!