Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options
    Happy dancing, wotsit image
  • Options
    Afternoon all!

Flyaway - sounds like a useful course that I hope you don't have to put into practice.
    Ultrawotsit - yay to no more teaching/work until September
    Mouse - bonjour to you from sunny france

I am sooooo behind that I'm meeting myself coming back the other way.

On better news the lunch tasting I arranged for after school was yummy - hope we can go with them - the fact that they'd do the admin is not swaying me at all. Mind you the little 'un polished off chicken curry and rice, pizza and lasagne so it can't have been bad!
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Evening.

Min - no, I took no chances and brought my own.

NGL - Withnail was very much part of my student generation and thus I got to watch it quite a lot.  Of the student silly cult films I much prefer Rita, Sue and Bob too.

HL - just remember you can only do the best you can and try not to let it bother you.

Wotsit - bravo to no more teaching.

The sportif season (tm Wickett) almost kicked off to a good start this afternoon but seems to have resolved itself.

• Options

Bonjour Mouse et Slacker!!  Allez allez allez!

I'm a bit tofumen. 

• Options

I'm a bit tofumen too.

Went OW swimming this evening and rather bizarrely hit a PB for my 1k. Bit late eh?

• Options

<opens up the shutters>

I've just waved Wickett off.  A day of cleaning awaits.  Think I might just manage to sneak in a swim though

I can't work out Mouse's last sentence.  Sportif season?

• Options
    I think it relates to a remark Wickett made a few pages back but I was too tofumen to iplayer
  • Options
    Morning everyone. I get my little lad back today!! Horray!!
  • Options

Hooray indeed NGL - I hope he had a fantastic time!

I'm off camping this afternoon - Sarah and I are going to do various bits of the IMUK course. Can't wait - haven't really had a camping fest yet this summer, and of course, get to try out my new Selk Bag!

• Options

Do you know, today was the first day in a very very long time I was genuinely shocked when I picked up the paper off the doormat and read theheadline. I turned to my wife and sensitively said "Guess those Michael Jackson concerts won't be going ahead then?". Almost symbolistic with him going when Glastonbury opens.

Mouse - bonjour to you from sunny france

....in sunny France, surely? Unless you've sneaked off without telling listeners.

Min - are those Selk bags the ones they were flogging on the Apprentice?

• Options

They are indeed Tricky - its fab. Mr C bought it for me for my birthday.

It is shocking about MJ, but not surprising, if that makes sense. IMy reaction was to think that he was a sad man who had an unhappy life that he has been released from. All the hyperbole will start now and of course, the re-hash of his court case. Been watching the news on GMTV - America are loving it!

• Options

Thanks Min, so do I.  We never did stuff like that at Primary school, Secondary was different though, I went on a two week cruise around the med in the first year on the SS Uganda, which eventually went onto be a troop hospital ship for the Falklands war.

A weekend of camping it up lovely.

We are off to Centre Parcs next week, I am looking forward to it its the first break I've had since Christmas, apart from the odd day here and there.

• Options
    I agree Min and Trickster, the bandwagon is going to start rolling now. Other than be controversial, and possibly fiddle with kids he's not done anything music wise since the end of the '80s.
  • Options
    Yeah - all the candle waving will start. They're saying things on GMTV like "I cried all night". FFS - how can you cry all night over someone you've never met? Maybe its me, but I just don't get the whole public outpouring of grief thing. I remember when John Lennon was shot, a girl in my class suddenly became the biggest John Lennon fan EVER, cried for weeks, bought every JL item she could lay her hands on. I just thought she was nuts. Same as Princess Diana - very sad of course - it always is when someone dies, especially a parent, but all those people weeping and wailing in the street? Not my cup of tea at all.
  • Options

Morning/Bonjour

Busy

Did a 31 mile ride last night before it started to get dark.

Crashie - Swimming tonight, or are you still ill?

• Options
    And next to no mention of Farrah Fawcett dying, she made a much larger impact on my early teens. I remember locking myself in a darkened room consoling myself frequently when her and Lee Majors split up.
  • Options

Bonjour! Today I shall be mostly speaking English.

Michael jackson - I wasn't really a fan of his music, so after that you're just left with the weirdness.

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Morning All

I remember locking myself in a darkened room consoling myself frequently - Too much information there NGL?

A bit of good news here. I am doing a leg in the Costwold Way relay tomorrow and was down to do stage 3, an overall downhill, "easy" 13.2km. Was asked late yesterday if I could switch to stage 4 due to injuries in our vets team and agreed. I then saw that it it is a 20.4km "hard" route. Luckily they have found another runner so I can relax.

• Options

What can I say Musky I like to share.

Lucky you to get out of the hard leg.

• Options

<rushes in like an excited puppy>

I've still got a job, hooray, looks like there was no need for swimming in my role after all, better have a look at teh bike to work scheme methinks

hope all's well with everyone

<rushes out again in case of being spotted on forum so early in the working day>

• Options
    Wow - that's brilliant news, SyM.es - sighs of relief all round!
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Morning.

Symes that is such excellent news, well done, I'm delighted for you.  Please give my best to Mrs Symes too.  It much be a huge relief all round.

Min - have fun, I'll confess to being a tad jealous.  It is lovely here but I do love camping and I suspect it will be a bit cooler for you on your ride than it will on mine today.

Wotsit - the comment about Sportif was a remark Wickett said some time ago when you asked what a Sportif was and I'd also made a remark about Slacker's pre-race tensions.

As for MJ, I'm sorry for his loss but I can't help thinking if it might be a gentle release for a man who has clearly had a very troubled life.  I hope he's at peace now.  Aside from that, it appears everyone has gone a bit loopy over it.  Facebook status updates this morning are all about him.

• Options

FFS - how can you cry all night over someone you've never met?

Agreed, I felt the same when Jade Goody died - why all the outpouring of grief (and why spend loads on flowers when maybe a more appropriate thing to do would be to donate the money used to buy flowers to a cancer charity).

I remember locking myself in a darkened room consoling myself frequently when her and Lee Majors split up.

PSML

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

oh yes and RIP Farah Fawcett (sp), that was on the news last night.

• Options

I am very confused about the outpourings of grief.  But will admit to being a bit swept up in the Princess Di thing, when she died.  Not in a loony way, or sobbing in the streets, honest.  Just that she got to be a princess when I was young enough to think that it was a possibility for any girl. 

Do you remember when you never recognised any of the dead celebrities?  I must be getting old.

Symes - wahey!  Brilliant news. image What a relief.

I'm ditching swimming in favour of dancing with the hoover to the sound of the Ting-Tings.  Or should I put Thriller on, out of respect?

• Options

Bonjour!

You can all stop wailing, I'm still alive image The death of Michael Jackson? About as sad as the death of anyone else that I don't know...

Ant, doubt I'll be swimming but Squish will, assuming that it's not thunderbolt and lightning very very frightning thing.

Wickers, loving your work on Humbug BTW image

Muxky, well avoided, that man. Them there Cottswolds are a tad steep...

NGL, nice one. I was wondering whether Musky was going to continue the theme with references to a 'hard third leg', but he missed an open goal image

Trickers, OMG, Jade Goody's dead?

• Options

SYMES!!! image I think it was your OW prowess wot swung it, mate image

• Options

morning

NGLimage and image

MJ was a troubled man but I shan't be crying over him

Its raining 

ermm can't remember what else I read in I Player so snogs and hugs as required 

• Options
    Symes, great news image
  • Options
    Thanks chaps, think we may ahve a beer or two this weekend image