Options

Pregnant runners' club

Comments

• Options
    Thanks guys..yeah thought it must be the weather all right. Will mention to my m-w at my next appointment anyway.

I feel like I'm back to 1st trimester tiredness again :-( Once lunchtime arrives just wanna go to sleep. Have you noticed the same Clare?(I'm 28+3)
  • Options
    I have a few days like that Mrs T. I ran a workshop esterday in a sweatbox with 14 people - very hot & tiring.

As I have been able to start exercising again, that seems to have given me a boost. Also with a lively 2.5 year old, napping is not often an option. When I am home I do try in sneak one in when she has a lunchtime nap.

I sympathise with the swollen feet & hands. I have not suffered too much this time. But during my last pregnancy the swelled massively. It was January and I had to resort to socks & my birkenstocks hmmm stylish!!
  • Options
    How does everyone feel about running in the hot weather? I'm a bit concerned, as I was told that overheating was a real problem for sproglett. I'm not quite sure how to deal with it - I thought I may just go for a walk instead (although my 'running' is barely above walking pace anyway!!!!)
  • Options
    I understand your concerns. It is important not to overheat. I am not great in hot weather, baby or no baby. I tend to wait until early evening before I got out in the summer.

My cross trainer is in the conservatory - not great! So again I go for evenings with all the doors open & a fan.

• Options
    I would go for early mornings or as late as you can do it in the evenings, as even 6-7pm is hot still and carry some water if you can.

• Options
    With you Clare on this one.
    Got club anniversary 10k relay at 7.30pm this eve ... will still be a scorcher then no doubt.
    I'm only doing power-walking 1st leg of approx. 2k ... 4 x people to a team, each leg longer than last with 4th person doing last 5k all themselves - yikes, I shouldnt moan about my lil' 2k bit.

Like Mitchie Moo - best to go early morning or late eve on hot days - baby or no baby.

GMx
  • Options
    I must admit last summer I did early mornings, but I seem to have sticky mattress syndrome (i.e I can't get it off my back) this year.

I may make the most of the light evenings and go later, although early morning would be better for my hayfever too - which is giving me hell at the moment and I can't take anything for it! Going to speak to GP next week to see if there is anything I can take but NHS direct said I couldn't.....
  • Options
    oh no, hayfever without being able to take anything sounds like a nightmare Lozf. I'm sure there must be something herbal you could take for it.

I'm v envious of all of you who are still running.. Enjoy! I'm just itching to get back running.
  • Options
    hellooooo girls

i'm back from west wales (glorious weather and lots of walking along the pembrokeshire coast path). fortunately, we didn't need my emergency hospital bag! however, i'm now HUGE. he seems to have grown massively in this last week and trousers which fitted me with room to spare last week are now TIGHT! eeek!!

glad to hear everyone is doing well, in spite of the heat. i really felt it badly today - it was about 30 degrees here this afternoon, and i just couldn't find anywhere cool. eventually settled for sitting under the oak tree in the shade, where i was catching some breeze.

LozF - hayfever with no anti-histamines sounds AWFUL. do speak to you doc as i'm sure there must be something you can take.

right -time to get some dinner on. have my parents staying tonight so it can't just be beans on toast!
  • Options
    Am also suffering badly from hayfever with nose bleeds as well bad combination. Vaseline round the nostrils is supposed to help quite a lot, alhtough not tried it. Was told by my friend who is a pharmacist, that you can take piritin, but that makes you sleepy so best avoided I think.
  • Options
    Piriton is what I meant to type. Sorry.
  • Options
    Decaff

Which part of Pembs did you go to? I'm originally from that area. The weather can be either be totally rainy and blowing a gale or absolutley lovely. Can't be much longer for you now. I was like that one minute all clothes were fine and then the next - bang a huge bump appreared from nowhere over night!
  • Options
    My parents own a B&B in pembrokeshire on the coast. Like you say it can be beautiful or really awful! I love staying there though, it does help that we stay in one of the B&B rooms which is 4 star!
  • Options
    Got my MRI scan tomorrow night - hasn't taken long at all (babes will be 9 months this month)! No doubt will just tell me my brain is normal or not as the case may b.

Haven't been running for 2 months what with moving and hubby away again. Hoping to join a running club on Thurs night - at last. Will only be able to go once a fortnight but least its better than nothing I suppose. Gone are the days when I can go 3 times a week. Mind you babes is starting creche tomorrow for the 1st time - just for a morning. Have got to the stage where its time for her to make new friends and will also mean I can get some things done apart from playing peek-a-boo etc all day...
  • Options
    MM

Newgale my fav beach along with Tenby. Newgale is so near us at home and love going for a wee tipple on the beach front or at Solva

• Options
    Hi All,

Hope you are all well, bumps and all.
    Just a quick one about hayfever.
    I suffer really badly with hayfever and the doctors were reluctant to prescribe as they weren't 100% sure. Anyway I've been taking Nelsons Pollenna for about 3 wks now. It's herbal and it has really made a difference. Not completely gone but 85% better I'd say. You can get it from Boots.
    I've also recently been given some local honey which I heard helps so I've started taking that as well. Hope this helps..
  • Options
    Thanks Tonia - I'll give it a go!

I have to say though it has improved greatly the past few days, I think my body seems to be accepting it. maybe all the anti-histamines I've taken over the years have meant that my body stopped fighting it itself.

I am so looking forward to my scan on Wednesdya. I have a definite bump now, and I can't believe no one at work has twigged. (Maybe they just think it's the extra food I'm eating)

On Pembrokeshire - I've been about three times when I was a kid, and I don't ever remember it raining.
  • Options
    Depends when you went Loz. Winter can be very bleak, windy and wet.
  • Options
    Oh I wouldn't go in winter! He he!!

I can't remember exactly, but it would have been in the six weeks holiday!
  • Options
    We went to Lydgate, near Tenby (but not too near!). Stayed in a self catering cottage, which was meant to be 5 star. Not really sure what a 5 star self catering cottage is supposed to be, but it wasn't that great. Quite poky and grubby, really. Anyway, I absolutely loved walking the coast path west of Lydgate, towards Manorbier and on towards Freshwater East and Stackpole. Found a great National Trust tea room at Stackpole Quay - yum yum!

There's no let up in the weather in South Wales at the moment. It's soooo humid! I went for a swim this morning and the pool was so lovely and cool to get into, but after a few minutes I was boiling hot. Still, I managed 2k and feel fine (in spite of only having about 90 mins sleep last night due to the thunder waking me up!!).

Good luck for your MRI scan MMJ! Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    Yes I had a fab swim yesterday as well DCM, the pool was very cool, so I didn't get hot, really enjoyed it. Sounds like you're still managing to do a lot, you're doing much more than me and I'm only at 17 weeks now. Mind you I am having twins so can't really compare. I managed 1800m in 40 mins or so yesterday which was enough, as I'm slowing down quite a bit.

Sickness is really passing now, still feeling groggy in the evenings sometimes especially in this muggy weather, but have lots more energy. Managed without an early evening kip yesterday and will have to tonight as well, so a definite improvement.

Not long left for you now DCM? How many weeks are you now?
  • Options
    Very quiet on here today!

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to Loz for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    Thanks MM!

I'm at work this morning, but I am so excited, I don't think much will get done.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it went - I'm sure it will be fine, but it will be nice to see it and get a proper due date.
  • Options
    Good luck Loz!!!

I go back to the docs next Thursday. It's all a bit nerve-wracking. My sister (she's a Mum) says that this is just the start of constantly worrying - it gets worse once the little one is born...
  • Options
    Good luck Loz,

I saw my belly move for first time last night (just over 23 weeks now), baby was kicking quite strongly and you could see my belly moving, really weird, like something out of alien !!!!!
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to that happening mrs o, except it will probably look even more bizarre, an octopus!

I'm still getting lots of fluttering with the odd kick, but can't see anything from outside yet, or really feel from outside yet either.
  • Options
    Mrs O - wait till you see a heel of a foot come sticking out your side, that's even more freaky!!! My babes use to take great joy in sticking her feet right under my ribs near to by boobs and kick me to death at about 4am - yeah thanks for that, usually just when I had managed to get to sleep.

Decaff - MRI scan went OK. Very noisey machine which surprised me - for some reason thought it was going to be quiet. Scan only lasted 12 mins and now got to wait 4 - 6 weeks before I get the results. Which seems like forever - little one will nearly be 10 months by then.

Well she seemed to enjoy her first morning at Creche yesterday but was totally worn out by the time she got home - managed to sleep for 3.5 hours when got her home - ah bless. Got an interview today for a part-time job so she's off again later. This time I won't be staying with her so just hope she'll be OK. I'm sure she will.
  • Options
    MMJ, MRI scans can be quite scary - lots of banging and very noisy, so it sounds as if you did well to stay calm :o) I am surprised your results take so long to come through, I had a lengthy wait for the scan appointment but had the results within a week.... (I had mine at the spinal injuries unit at Atkinson Morley in London).

Good luck with the outcome anyway!

LozF - best of luck for the scan - it's so exciting and emotional when you first see them on screen.
  • Options
    All the best Loz!

I was so lucky to have extra scans due to my complications. Now everything is resolved that is it now until D-Day!
  • Options
    Anyone else still feel quite tired in their second trimester, i guess i'm more than halfway through mine now (23 weeks)and although folks think i'm looking well and blooming a bit, i don't really feel it. Bit of a struggle to get out of bed most mornings (even though i'm in bed between 10 and 10.30am) and could quite easily have a snooze midday or when i get in from work. Haven't been doing much, just going to work and not doing enough exercise, the odd flat walk, yoga once a week and just started swimming twice a week (slow swimmer, can only do breaststroke, only do about 24 lenghts of a 25m pool in about 25-30 mins). Also my chocolate/sweet cravings definetly worse than usual, but no unusual cravings, anyone got any weird cravings ?