Options

FLM Virgin

Comments

• Options

Trigg... will be at registration all day. We work from Wednesday opening utill Saturday closing. Anyway i would wait for you if you were coming.........image

Daz.. you know only too well don't burn yourself out before the 22nd.  

• Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

OK Gatton - will defo let you know.  Am hoping to be able to travel up after work just to see if I can spend any money! 

image to you Daz - exposed indeed!

• Options
    Gatton when will you be at the cycling centre?? Would love you to pop round for a cuppa!
  • Options
    Indeed Gatton, tho I think I'll be OK with just the 3 x 20 milers. Even the races will prob be run at training pace.

"exposed" - I meant to the elements Trig lol!!! Nowhere to hide from the wind.
  • Options
    Daz... use one of your 20's as a training day for London. i.e. get up early walk around for a couple of hours before the race then run it. it will be like marathon day when people use up so much energy walking and faffing around before they try to run no wonder they are knackered by 20 miles. Look at the elite runners they get to the start ten minutes before the gun, warm up and then  they run. They are on their feet for less time even when they have finished than other people before they have even started their race,.... makes sense ??????
  • Options

Caro, would be good to see you. I will let you know when I get my schedule of work. I am certain we can find some time to get together being so close.It will be in July the weeks leading  up to the start of the Olympics. The cyclist in all disciplines are using that venue as a training area so they need marshals etc.

Trigg   anytime would be good to see you. You know where I will be. 

• Options
    Good advice Gatton, I agree it all makes sense.

Done a 20 earlier, struggled cos quite windy in places, but avg 7:45 pace. A bit stiff now lol
  • Options
    I'll just talk to myself lol.

Rest on Sat, a fast 8 yesterday and a comfortable 5 at 7:33 pace today.

Hope everyone is well?
  • Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭
    Fine thanks Daz - good running!  My fastest time this year at parkrun on Saturday and just under 4 miles on Sunday for me.  Still plodding along but enjoying it a lot more at the mo!  The lighter evenings make all the difference image
  • Options
    JimineyJiminey ✭✭✭

After the awful snow, cold and general attitude towards running last weekend I went out for 20 this Sunday and swiftly followed that with a nap. It went well the sun was shining and I even managed to get myself sunburnt (how can two Sunday mornings be so different?) Really looking forward to London now but might just be i'm looking forward to not getting up at stupid o'clock for a while.

Trig- I agree with the lighter evenings bit. It has really cheered me up and knowing that when I get back from work and the pony I can go and sit up the garden with a cup of tea and not feel like its time for bed.

• Options
    Nice one on the Season best Parkrun time Trigg.

Glad you're a bit more upbeat now Jiminey. I had a disappointing 8-miler on camp today, my it was foggy at about 0630 here.

All you can eat Pizza Hut buffet lunch today, I'm stuffed lol.
  • Options
    well done you guys Looks like you have it all sorted for your races this year. Me I am thinking of hanging up my trainers as I don't seem to be able to generate any mojo. Maybe it is an after effect of my mishap last year. I am hoping it is all in the mind and I will get it back but time marches on. I love going out for long walks and have to admit that I do feel like having a jog sometimes but then i think  " what if "... Will keep you posted... If i do hang them up at least I can say that I have had a great time with my running life. Been to some fabulous  places to run and more important have met some great people who have become "my friends " you can't ask for better than that......
  • Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭
    No Gatton - won't hear it!  Are you busy over the Easter hols?  Am offering an individual coaching session - unavailable to anyone else.  Can fully understand your hesitation but you've got a lot of miles in those legs yet.image
  • Options
    Daz was that recommended by your personal nutritionist ?

Gatton...... Maybe you just need to run for the enjoyment of it for a while, rather than having goals and races? That way if you run 1 mile or 3 it doesn't matter and you won't feel bad for not reaching your goal, if you don't have one in the first pace?

Had a funeral today at upminister crematorium, complete with horse drawn hearse. Quite a place, complete with tea room incase you fancied a day of it!
  • Options
    carovet wrote (see)

Had a funeral today at upminister crematorium, complete with horse drawn hearse.  Quite a place, complete with tea room incase you fancied a day of it!
    Thats the one place i dont want to be carried into Caro...
  • Options
    I am my own personal nutritionist Caro lol. I also recommended going to the pub last night, specifically because a power cut to Amesbury meant I was sat in a dark flat and couldn't cook anything, so went out and had a liquid dinner.

Gatton - only you know what's best, just take your time in making a decision.
  • Options
    Gatton I thought you might know the place.....Wouldn't be my choice either!

Daz why don't you see if you can patent the beer and pizza marathon diet and make some money image
  • Options
    Maybe Caro - need to make my fortune somehow image

Rhayader 20 done and dusted today, that is a tough race! Hills are a bitch.
  • Options
    Well done Daz... did you race it or use it as a training run????
  • Options

Ha ha - I love a comedian Gatton.  This is in no way a PB course, and I'd struggled the last time I did it in '07.

Hence, definitely a training run! image

Inconsistent splits due to killer hill between 2 and 5.2 miles, then managed a few good miles at comfortable pace.  Mile 14 was also quite slow, bit of a climb and a pee stop.  Elevation profile and splits can be seen here: Rhayader

Took about 16 mins off the last time I ran it, so not all bad.

Legs a bit stiff this morning, rest day and maybe a gentle walk this afternoon.

• Options
    Retry the link, I cocked that up: Rhayader
  • Options
    Thanks Daz  looks a difficult run. Hope it gave you confidence for VLM/
  • Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Daz!  I changed my parkrun venue this weekend for a local one that's as flat as a pancake!  Made a nice change.  image
  • Options

morning all , not long to go at all!! streuth .

Going to be a slow marathon for myself , but hey ho!.

Soon be time to go register in April ...

• Options
    Have got big sis running Boston the Monday before VLM.......her training's going really well (touch wood!) so I'm hopeful she'll achieve her goal, which I think is sub 3.......eek!

• Options
    trying to get rid of a poxy cold ! at least i've done one 20.5 miler. hopefully another one a week friday!
  • Options
    JimineyJiminey ✭✭✭
    Got my number and magazine today. Suddenly feels quite real. I had put the fact I was actually running London to the back of my mind. Now its only a month away. Even with my training I still feel a little intimidated by it.
  • Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Strange but I feel envious of those people receiving their race packs even though I consciously decided to take a year out from marathon running this year.  Think it might be the sunshine!

Have good weekends!

• Options
    If you've put the training in Jiminey as you have, you will be fine.

Got my race pack too, bring it on.

DW - Hope you shift the cold, be useful if you can squeeze in another 20'ish miler before the big day.

A reasonable training week for me, 8 on Mon, 5 each on Weds, Thurs, & Fri, so will now rest until 20-mile race on Sunday.

Have fun!
  • Options

Take it easy with your runs from now on everyone .It is not the time to become injured. Enjoy the weekend and run well. I am helping to organise a "Sport Relief " mile race in the local park. Should be good fun.

Daz..if you can, use your next 20 miler as a VLM day. Up early walking about then run as previous posting.