Options

Sunday 1 January 2006

Happy New Year to all

What: Good long run planned now all the snow has gone.

Simon

P.S. Little lad finally back to good health hence crack of dawn awakening!

Comments

• Options
    Happy [hic] New [hic] Year [hic]!!!

Not that I drank anything!

Morning SiT glad the little one is up to his monster-ly tricks once more :-)

What: 18M @MP+10-20%
    Why: FLM is now this year :-)
  • Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭
    Morning all....actually it's mid afternoon over here in Australia. Wide awake at 6am after only 4 hours sleep (?jet lag) so up for an 8 mile run before it started to get too warm. Running in the sunshine in shorts and T-shirt seems such a treat after leaving behind all that snow in the UK. Must be doing my seasonal affective disorder no end of good!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year All!

Up bright and early for my race. Couldn't sleep due to too much food rather than drink last night. That's it now, no more carp food until next xmas:o) I'm sure today's race will be with a few extra pound than my last race, which was only 3 weeks ago!

what:quarter marathon
    why:first league race and 2005 league presentation

Have a good day!

• Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year all.

Good luck to all who have races today.

What: spectating at Serpentine 10k
    Why: that's as energetic as I can get today

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Morning all

10st 7, RHR 57.

Going to keep a more detailed log of things like that this year. Well, there won't be as many miles to log:-)

Interesting point about the time trials, NZC. Since running 33:46 at Leeds on 27th Nov I've done 10k on the treadmill in 34:55 and 2 sets of 8 x 800s. Not a great deal but not enough to have lost a minute over 10k?

Anyway, there's going to be fewer inconsequential miles this year, no miles for miles sake, or to achieve some meaningless target. Any doubles will NOT affect the main run of the day and the main sessions of the week WILL be done properly. <save it for 31/12/06, Tom>

To that end...

What: 3 miles am / 10 miles pm @ 70-75%
    Why: to flush legs out from yesterday / aerobic miles
    Last hard: Yesterday

Race well everyone and get your name on the new 2006 rankings thread:-)

Other `dark horses' I was thinking of last night...

Scobos to hammer a good sub 2:45 marathon and Simon, staying injury free, should be running low 2:30s for a marathon and mid 32s for 10k. (No pressure there then chaps)!
  • Options
    Simon, you should beat your pbs into a `Pulp':-)
  • Options
    Happy New Year

Well some of us have got to go to work so...

What 5 miles with a few strides thrown in to kid myself i'm doing speedwork.

Hope all racers go well today.
  • Options
    She studied culture at St Martins College!

What: Nothing
    Why: Car broke down yesterday (starter motor siezed up) 100K from home so we had to stay over at friends last night, was 40 degrees C and they have no aircon so didn't get any sleep!! And caught the bus and train back into town this morning, so didn't really feel fit for the planned 25K which I will run tomorrow now the storm has broken and it's much much cooler (14 degrees now and raining!!!).
    Last Hard: Last Monday's long run

So here's to 2006, run well, stay safe and have fun.
  • Options
    Good morning

Behaved last night,nothing like a 20 mile run to get you to bed early. I am not big on binge drinking anyway,prefer it slow and steady :o)

LizzyB - Sounds like you had a tough race. Congrats on finishing well up.

BR - Maybe a rest day now and again might help? Cracking time though,well done.

NZC - Thank you for the kind words.

Stickless - You are a star.

What: 7K with the snail
    Why: Recovery after yesterday's 20 miler.

Good luck to the racers,Hilly and who else?

Oh yes,my mother in law reckons I am a bit of a dark horse,does that count?

Have a great 2006.
  • Options
    200 mins - Belated happy birthday!

SiT - Glad the little one is doing fine!
  • Options
    Morning all,

just wanted to say happy new year! Had a lovely meal out and champagne last night, then on to a club which wasn't really for me (too loud and smoky and bangy) so home again. Just managed to stay awake for the midnight fireworks - lovely. Not sure what will happen today: either a ride or a rest day. B/f is leaving for the States on Weds after 4 months here and I am not looking forward to going back to the long distance thing. I am sure I will ramp the training up when he is away, but the next hours are precious!

What: don't know
    Why: see above.

Good runnings, especially all you racers!
  • Options
    Morning all, happy 2006!

BR, isn't that a bit high for you?

Hilly, enjoy your race and the presentation!!

SiT, really pleased to hear that your little one is now improving.

RHG, that's some temperature drop!

Me? Came down to find my poor pooch-lodger had been violently ill in the night, thus I began 2006 with a serious session with bucket and mop. She must have been too shy to dig me up in the middle of the night! She didn't hesitate about breakfast though. Heck, she's a spaniel, so she wouldn't would she.

Debating whether to drag her round the fen or try a little run on my own. Feel rough (no, not drink - no drink last night and went to bed early; revelry counts as unnecessary exhaustion), but that's probably cause I haven't gotten going properly.

I think the run wins.
  • Options
    Good morning

She told me that her Dad was loaded
    I said in that case I'll have a rum and coke-cola

SIT:no pressure on me then for the coming year;-)
    Glad lucas is back to normal

good luck Hilly

What: Long run today
    Why: New yer new goals
    Last hard:all week
    RHR 50(+5)

have a good day out there

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Happy new year

SiT good news

What: anything from 1-2 hours
    Why: Start as i mean to go on
    Last Hard: Tuesday

Good luck all racing today

Mmmmm 8st 9lb not too bad i guess.
    I started with good intentions last year, keeping a detailed log didn't last long.
    See how this year goes.

• Options
    Stickless - generally 50-55 in the morning and 45-50 in the evening. A bit dehydrated this morning and still feeling the effect of the race yesterday would send it a bit higher I guess.
  • Options
    Just read back through yesterday's thread - it was really inspiring to hear about everyone's triumphs and even less-triumphant moments. I started in January and raced 7 times, PBs in all since they were all different distances or improving on the previous (10M, 20M, Mara, half-mara x3, 10M xc).

My goals for 2006 are a sub-four marathon and to complete IMDE.

Forgot to mention too that in my short run yesterday (around 3.5 miles) the third mile was in 8.15!!! I was just cruising along in the snow, having a ball, and nearly fell over when I saw it. Lovely way to end 2005 running.
  • Options
    Morning

Happy New Year to all.

Race well racers.

SiT - Excellent song, have decided to listen to this album on my LSD today!

BR - my thoughts too regarding a more detailed log!

Weight: 10st 2.5lb
    RHR: 46 ( normally 41 )

What: 2hrs 30 on feet

Why: Sunday's long run

Last Hard: Pushing on the hills last night.

Last Rest: Xmas Day

Have a good day
  • Options
    Happy New Year

Well I had every intention of "not indulging" last night so that I could complete a LSD thingy this morning but it didn't quite go to plan.....

that's the "not indulging" bit didn't go to plan so...

What: get rid of thumping headache and put the lamb in the oven
    Why: it hurts (and if I don't get the meat sorted it will hurt more)

Last hard: Kissing a "Goth" last night (don't ask)
    Last rest: I haven't given up on today yet

<<head slumps onto key board>>
  • Options
    Happy New Year.

Been a very busy time for lots of reasons but New Year so am going to try and post everyday as the support and advice on here are amazing.

I had a pretty good year all in all. PBs for 5 mile, 10 k and my first HM in 1.42 which was the highlight of my year at the GNR.

I ended the year on a high yesterday with a new 10k PB. Nearly didn't do the race as after a really bad run on Thursday where legs felt heavy I thought a good race was out of the question. Still had promised a friend I would go with her and knew I would have to do it.

Pretty nice course except for being completely exposed so most of the time you had the wind coming at you from one direction or another and no it never seemed to come from behind!! I felt really strong all the time and maintained a pretty consistent pace. I feel the one hour daily running is now really paying off as I didn't get my usual 6-8km fatigue. A nice little hill at 8k was testing but allowed me to overtake a couple of ladies which was a bonus. Last 150 metres was across a very muddy field but I crossed the line in 44.37 - first 10k of the year was 47.40 in April - so quite a nice ending to the year. Shame about the bottle of beer for all finishers (just don't like it) - still it put the hubby in a good mood.

Hope that the New Year brings lots happiness and fulfilment to you all!!
  • Options
    Whoops and then I forgot the important bit.

What: 3 miles recovery
    Why: Treating the legs kindly after racing yesterday
    Last rest: Friday

Enjoy your New Years Day.
  • Options
    3.5 miles, irregular run/walk. But I was comfortable running, could stretch out. Ankles did not want to be involved - still protecting plantar fascia I expect. Did the walk bits because I didn't want to get tired, got tired anyway.

Still, it was very encouraging - legs still do know what to do, other things being equal. A good start for 2006, plenty of room for improvement too.

Go well all!

• Options
    Excellent thread yesterday, made very interesting reading indeed! Debbo, sorry you're right, I missed your comment. I'll try to live up to expectations!

Very good lyrics choice today - the video that went with the song was excellent too.

Today: 8 miles easy
    Why: aerobic conditioning
    Last hard: yesterday's 20 miler
    Last rest: 12 days

Happy new year! Hope there's not too many hangovers round here this morning...
  • Options
    Hi all,

Time for my annual post!

I’ve been lurking occasionally through the year, but without enough time to commit to posting regularly. Good to see so many of you continuing to enjoy your running and making great improvements – special mentions to Hilly and the ‘untalented’ Bryn.

Running stats for 2005:
    Mileage: 1289 in 211 sessions (average 6.1miles per run)
    Rest days: 166
    Races: 2 (on 1st & 2nd January 2005)
    Injuries: nothing major

Running took a definite back-seat when Emma (our first) was born in March. Her first nine months have been fantastic & it has been hard to drag myself away to go out running. However, daddy has got fat and unfit and needs to sort his life out….

I hope you all have a happy and successful 2006

All the best
  • Options
    morning

good luck with your quarter marathon hilly

also lots of luck to anyone doing (or spectating at!) the serpies 10k

what: 3 miles recovery
    why: sore knees form yesterdays bike ride
    last hard: yesterday!!!
    last rest: wednesday
  • Options
    Morning All

What a brilliant day to start the year! It's Sunday, it's Sunny and it's LSR day!

What: 6m easy.
    Why: Week 3 Marathon training.
    Last Rest: Thursday 29th Dec.
    Last Hard: Yesterday - 19 miles on the bike to test out the route back from work.
  • Options
    Happy New Year to you all

What ; 4 miles in a moment

Why: Tapering

Last Hard: Last Monday

2005 - 2101 miles including One Ultra (Comrades) five marathons, three half marathons and a couple of 10K's . Not my best ever year, but finishing Comrades sub 10 hours was the highlight. Worst time was bing injured throughout October, New year resolution, Listen to my body accept that I'm 47 and back off when things start to hurt. Heres hoping!
  • Options
    BR, so the 3M am aren't junk?

18M run went very well, could have easily carried on for more :-)

TT, gald being father is going well & it's nice to see you post!
  • Options
    Happy New Year everyone,

What: 9M easy
    Why: Just easing myself back into training after a very slack December
    Last hard run: ummmm......
    Last rest day: 20th - 30th December

Have a great day everyone.
  • Options
    Good afternoon and a Happy New Year to all.

What-Nothing.

Why-10K Race yesterday and a hangover. 10M trainer planned for tomorrow with clubmates so I don't feel to guilty taking a day off today.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Good to hear from you twoton, had wondered how you are doing. Glad to see you've settled into fatherhood. Awww bless.

Well
    10.66 miles conquered. avg pace 10:25 (1:51:02) parts were quite muddy and this particular part normally has good drainage so it must have rained h*ll of a lot. still all good practice

Brings my weekly mileage this week to 44 miles. Quite surprised for a moment but then realised my last long run was on tuesday. So that explains that.