Options

JOIN ME ON THE WAGON!

Comments

• Options

Afternoon all! How's everyone doing? Am rubbish at posting at the moment despite my good intentions but am making the most of a quiet spell at work image 

114 miles FF??!! That's over twice what I've done *feels very lazy* 

• Options
    image 118 now ...i've been troubled..what can I say...
  • Options

Hello FF,

Is there flooding around you? There's still snow on the ground here ... am praying for sunshine, so that I can get back to normal! 

• Options

wooo hooo...managed my 18 miles yesterday in the rain and cold...today it is sunny and dry! Bloody typical.

Well all ok on the alcohol front.  Managing to stick to twice a week but am finding that it hits me a bit harder than usual and have to say I am sleeping much better now.

Snow's all gone here PW...quite a bit of flooding though but the suns out so who cares image

How's everyone else?

• Options
    A whole week later and we still have some snow in our back garden, although the roads are (finally) clear ....
  • Options

cor... looks like the wagon has crashed!

My excuse is being stupidly busy at work, but this week I'm super quiet as I'm leaving on Wed and have tidied my desk and tied up loose ends and now wondering what to do! I start my new job on Mon tho, and I can see things being even more manic!

FF from the sounds of your decorating escapades on facebook you're still struggling as much as I have been! Though suprisingly I can proudly say I've just managed a whole week without any booze and feel bloody marvellous - really, after 12hrs of training last week, I didn't have the energy to stagger to the off-license. I do feel weirdly 'awake' though - tis an odd, but not displeasing feeling.

Oh, and we STILL haven't found a race for us to meet up with Elle (do you know of any short, flat, non-muddy ones... not sure they figure in your vocab tho!)

<waves to everyone and bounces off into the distance> image

• Options

Will have a think about it VT!!! I have to say, I read your post yesterday and was so motivated I spent the night on the hot squash...

............I'm now half way through a bottle of Rose.....hopeless!

• Options

Lol well rose is more like ribenna than wine, so surely that can't count!!  ;o)

Am finishing work today and starting a new job on Mon - I feel kinda clearer heded and a bit calmer now that I've been sober for a few days, so figure that if I can avoid the ol fizzy pop for a bit longer it'll p'haps make the start of the new job a bit less daunting... am really quite nervous about it!

Am doing Alton 10 at the start of May, but that's probably a bit of a trek for you....

... will take a look to see if there are any nice 10k for us to partake in + also give Elle a prod to see if she can think of any! image

• Options

Thanks to heaven that the wagon did crash.

It gave me the opportunity to catch up and jump on......pity it's not moving.

If we could get that wagon wheel back on I think we might have a chance to get it out this ditch.

• Options
    Hello there, Jamster. How have you been doing? Tomorrow I'll have been off the pop for five years. When this wagon started rolling it'd been just over a year. Time flies.
  • Options

My God, that's amazing. Five years!

Well, it is also amazing that it was 4 years since the wagon got rolling...hmm

I've done my usual thing of giving up the booze for January and I'm seriously thinking about doing Febuary as well with an inkling that I might just give it up for good.

Anyway, started running again and bought some train shoes for the snow which was fun. I thought of your love of mud as I danced around the puddles the other day on my jog around the park. In fact my run became a lot longer than I wanted it to be....there is a lot of mud out there!

So, how's you? Are you running?  Moved to somewhere exciting? Taken over any small countries?

• Options

Yes, train shoes...that's right..Shoes that look like trains

http://rlv.zcache.com/diesel_train_shoes-p167355990918277351fa35b_400.jpg

Blue as well.

Did you buy Black Sheep?....a wonderful Copey medley.

• Options

Time does fly - assuming I make it to 10th February it'll be 17 years for me. After a while it becomes normal, so no effort really involved.

I'm used to it now and don't miss it. While I have nothing against anyone drinking, it is weird to look at current society sober sometimes. Very sad that we as a nation generally seem to find it impossible to hold any kind of event or social occasion without drinking ourselves insensible.

Thing I've always found most useful is to decide not to drink only for today. Yesterday and tomorrow are beyond my influence so I will just focus on today. Works for most aspects of life in fact, including running - focus on the current mile, let the ones before and after take care of themselves.

• Options

Hmmm....   17 years

I do agree with you. I am supposed to see friends at the weekend but if the truth be told I know how dull it is going to be.

What's the quote?

"I drink to make other people more interesting"

• Options

I know what you mean about not drinking becoming normal. It's only within the last year or so that a bad day at work has ceased to make me think "I need a drink" and the fact that it no longer does indicates that alcohol is no longer part of my life, therefore no longer my subconscious' first port of call when faced with a problem. It's pretty cool when you realise that. image There are still situations in which I want a drink, but I think I want a drink rather than to drink...I miss a lager with the barbie, mulled wine at Christmas and so on, but I don't seem to crave alcohol for its own sake any more.

I agree with the comments on viewing society with a clear head. It is a bit embarrassing at times.

Jammy, I think SW needs some shoes like those.

I'm back at university, in the UK, for a while. I haven't heard the Cope stuff. Must investigate. I am running - only a couple of times a week at the moment, but it's better than nowt. Did my first race in December, the Bolsover 11K - got round in an hour and twenty seconds, which I was pretty chuffed with. We're planning on doing a few more this spring, but rather muddier ones this time. How about you?

• Options
    OMG....the wagon is twitching...... Oh, just in case you didn't notice, I have a new name image But still answer to fatfyes, or fat mo or dino fyes image
  • Options

And...I seriously  need to get myself at least slipping on and off the back of the wagon..... I am failing to see the point in not drinking these days.... However, I'm running about 35 miles a week, swimming and cycling...and Bunbury's gonna do a race with us in November Jams...how about you? 

Nice to meet you RR....17 years huh....wow!

• Options

Oh, Spooky! image

I had a peek at the Wagon yesterday, reminising a bit about the old days after Buns had posted about his fantastic 5yr anniv on Facebook.... and now Here You All Are!!!!  Hurrah!!!

I was thinking of having a name change too, but then decided I couldn't bring myself to get rid of the Treefrog image

FF, what race have you conned Buns into doing? Not Hellrunner?! Actually, that was quite good fun, if a little breath-taking through the watery bits! image)

Running through the snow in x-country shoes was fun... the novelty and fresh air more than made up for the blisters!

After about 2/3 bottle of vino last night I fear I'm still not quite there with the whole wagon thingy... but on a positive note I didn't quaff the lot - b/f had a glass and there is still a bit left in the bottle this morning. I consider that to be A Good Thing.... tho obviously not as good as if I'd not gone and bought the damn thin in the first place.

Anyway.... hope you're all doing well?!!   image

VTF

• Options

VT.... I've conned both Bunbury and Elle (amongst others) to do Saab Salomon Turbo X in November...... you know you want to!! It should be a scream.

All set to head up to Wolverhampton now to do the Toughguy tomorrow...... Can't help but enjoy getting dirty image

• Options

I've googled that there Tough Guy thing and it is complete madness.

FF (or DM)  I mightpop over and have a look. It's about 45  mins away. I'll call first thing or send a text so you can tell me where you are.

Wow, this wagon is starting to move.

Bunbury has been oiling the Wagon Wheels with maple syrup.

Bun, where are you at University?

Who know's I could post something to you.

All we need is Elle and SW .....and GMTV and we're rockin' again....I wonder what Laurac is upto. Hmm....I think she was off to Paris.

The smell of the cakes tempted her

• Options

Ahhh,VT....mine are called X-Country shoes as well......

Trains are a mixture of trail and Trainers. Not competely different  but they usually come in more tasteful colours.

Mine are black with a navy blue pinstripe.

• Options
    I didn't take much conning... My housemate/best mate/running partner/sympathetic loony and I really fancy having a go at the Toughguy, but it's far too expensive to enter. image We're doing this next month, because you just can't have too much mud. image
  • Options
    Melton Mowbray.... I used to live near there.

The Beast looks quite normal compared with that Tough Guy.

I wonder how Danger Mouse ( FF) is getting on
  • Options
    Just for the record....it snowed....never again.... I mean I got through, but it was probably the most gruelling 3 hours of my life and I have experience coldness like I've never done before.  All that said, I've never had so many men man handle my bottom in one day, as I was lobbed over most of the obstacles..... maybe a summer one??
  • Options

Goodonya, FF. HUGE respect.

For FF.

• Options
    Awwww....Bunbury....ta xxxxxx off to bed now in my very tough, fluffy jim jams xxx
  • Options

Well done FF!!! I've watched Mr TF the last couple of years in the safety of thermal underwear, several layers of coats and scarves and a hot choc in hand, but he decided against it this year because of the cost.

You really are quite, quite mad. Hopefully thawed out, warm and toasty again now though? image)

Have just googled for details of Saab Salomon Turbo X but couldn't find much. Where's the Nov one being held? Is it a bit like that Hellrunner thing you conned me into doing?! image

I did a nice 10k trail run on Sunday near Epsom race course - I even managed to win a £30 voucher so am contemplating what goodies I might treat myself to!!!

Mr TF bought a Garmin Forerunner 310xt.... which I thought was going to be a pointless gadget thing, but it's actually really good for the off-road training we tend to do (might be a little bit more than £30 though! he he

• Options

All that mud and unmska is complete madness.

How far was that there Tough Guy thing anyway?

I looked at the pictures and it looked freezing. Tell me that Solamon Turbo 10 mile thing isn't as bad.

Any way, I refuse to do anything if it means running with a soggy bottom.

• Options

The Saab Salomon is a little gloopier than the Hell Down South VT.... it's called Turbo X because there is a section that is timed where you run through this big cloud of smoke and loud banging music (I think it was 'the race' when I went through) which is particularly muddy and hilly and cross country...eee.  It's a giggle to do with a team and I'm really looking forward to it.  It's fairly close to you VT in Bordon.  I don't remember it being too cold either as we had quite a mild November this year.

Happy to put anyone up who wants to stay at mine the night before, although its still about an hours drive for me.

JD...it's nothing like the Tough Guy....no where near as gruelling.  The Tough Guy was only 8 miles (if you don't include the 2.5 I had to run to the start thanks to useless sister!!!).  But it's constant obstacles which mostly include sub zero water and mud.  I'm thinking a summer one would be so much more fun, but it is very expensive and there are no refunds if you get ill/injured and can't compete.  I'm still getting over a cold that is refusing to go, so I'm not sure I was in the best shape to partake....I will admit to the cold nearly getting the better of me on a few occasions!

ps...I'm sure you won't notice the soggy bottom by the time you're caked in mud JD....Elle's said she's up for it too!