Options

'Mature' runners.

Comments

• Options
    Phew.... <piglet mops brow> I thought our JJ (well, one of our JJs) was having a funny turn there!

Welcome JJ2 :-) The Mature Runners thread is enormous fun, but can look a little strange at first blush :-) Hang around a bit and give us a chance :-)

(Are you not really JJ3??)
  • Options
    <blushing piglet confession>

I'm not entirely sure that Bellow is firing on all cylinders, and so I've resisted the temptation to pull her leg v. v. hard :)
  • Options
    Hey, what's up with DB? Is he not well??

<piglet profers thermometer>
  • Options
    Other JJ.
    Lucozade? For goodness sake woman you'll be telling me you drink Horlicks next. What's wrong with a large G & T or a couple of pints of best? I have some sympathy with the muffin problem. Would a bag of crisps do or did your mother warn you about that as well? Your mother was right, I've had lots of warnings about bras as well.
    JJ

• Options
    Hi,
    I am young and mature! Can I join in?
    Wee Piglet, I wanted to ask how is your leg?
    Sorry I haven't been reading much on "Training section"! Is it alright?
  • Options
    Sorry 1/2M lady. Been in the US. Of course you are welcome so long as you don't do or say anything that gets the older males over excited.
    And so long as you buy a round every now and again.
    Did you used to be a 10k girl when you were younger?
    JJ
  • Options
    Hi JJ, thank you.
    I used to be Soph a little while ago, that's all!.
    Sorry must go now, boyfriend want to use the computer. See ya!
  • Options
    Listen thread colleagues. I'll not be around much this weekend. Bromsgrove all day tomorrow. Oxford overnight and London all day Sunday.
    Please make sure you leave everything tidy and don't upset our US friends.
    Good luck to anyone who's racing.
    That's got that out of the way. Now I'm going to lurk for a while before I say goodnight.
    JJ
  • Options
    Nothing much happening in the dark corners so I'll go to bed and read.
    Night all. Sleep well.
    JJ
  • Options
    WP - I saw your message. Enjoyed the visit. Ran six - I am glad that you are losing the crutches. Have you thought about getting a little bitty cane? It would make you look even more dapper than usual. Take care! Don't stress the leg. Have a nice weekend!

Jim
  • Options
    Morning all.
    Chimp - listening to AKUS - good stuff :-)
  • Options
    Morning everybodypeeps. Wondered what happened to Soph. Seems she morphed into half mile girl.

Excellent isnt it Helen. I already liked AKUS but meerkat put me onto the double live CD last week.

I'll be trying to get everyone to listen to Kate and Anna McGarrigle next week so if you're passing a virgin, pop in and buy Dancer with Bruised Knees or the first eponymous El Pee.

DavidB. Handle SlowJo carefully. Much as I dislike the phrase bunny boiler......
  • Options
    Morning everyone :)

Must get out and buy the AKUS double live CD today. Chimp - I like Kate and Anna McGarrigle :)
  • Options
    Morning Wee Piglet!

You are a piggy of taste and discernment.

Where do you stand on the Nancy Griffiths question. Some say she's a bit too sickly sweet but i love her.

Hey. Popped into a virgin yesterday. Did you know there's only 3 country artists: Eva Cassidy, Dolly Parton, and Shania Twain??

(chimpy goes off to practice line dancing with his very favourite Emmerdale Cee Dee- not quite the same when there's only one person doing it though)

Yee-ha!
  • Options
    Chimp - I don't think I've really heard any Nancy Griffiths things. What sort of stuff is it? Any recommendations?

Eva Cassidy a country artist?? Hmmm..... I'd probably have said jazz, insofar as it's possible to categorise her.

Have you come across Sara McLachlan? Or Vanessa Carlton?

So much great music, so little time.... :-)
  • Options
    Keep meaning to ask. Anyone seen Ratbag lately?

Had a quick scoot around the forums the other day but no sightings. Has he changed his name like sohp did?
  • Options
    1/2M Girl - my leg is improving, thanks :) Still no running, but I'm seeing the physio again on Tuesday. No crutch today :))
  • Options
    If I see Ratbag at the track I will ask him to say hello back on-line...
  • Options
    Damn,WP, I'd forgotten about my list.
    Thanks for reminding me

(chimp takes pencil out from behind ear)

Now lets see,

FLM

JJ
    Wee Piglet
    Helen Wheels
    Ironwolf
    Benz

FLM supporters

Meerkat

Crocked

David B
    Meerkat
    Wee Piglet

Missing, presumed working

Redhead
    Ratbag

Think we're OK to take Helen Wheels off the sick list.

I've taken Norah off the missing list as well.

Can you all ensure you keep me in the loop vis a vis injuries?

Sweet!
  • Options
    Ha ha ha, last post makes it sounds as if:
    1. I am a runner...
    2. I go to 'the track' on a regular basis (actually been three times and run twice)
    3. I know Ratbag - saw him running faster than me about 200 yards away once, warmly pursued by Glenn
  • Options
    HW - how's your knee now? Did you run yesterday? I'm beginning to panic about FLM :-(
  • Options
    Hi Wee,

Glad to see you've had the plaster removed. Time to start filing the trotters ready for your first outing. Can I suggest you run in the mud for the first few as its kinder on the joints, or so they say.

JJ, Have a nice weekend. Earliest run I could find you in Oxford on Sunday was leaving OXSRAD 10 - 10:10 am. You'll probably have got you 12 miles all sewn up by then.

Nice to see some new mature runners on the thread although we still haven't had confirmation that MU doesn't stand for Manchester United and Tiger's gone quiet since someone popped the question.

Welcome JJ2, I had something to say but forgot it. Must take my memory pills sooner in the day. Ah yes, it comes back to me. Untick the box asking if you want E-mail notification when response is made before you submit messages to the thread. Stops your email getting clogged up. I think that you can make this your default by messing about with your account.

Better see what BILLOW needs to know about Glucosamine. I reckon I can bore for England on that topic.

Auf Wiedersehen Vets
  • Options
    Chimp, Where's LizzyB? Only one sighting recently. Should you have a category Alive but Busy, or On Sabbatical?
  • Options
    Oh , and as for the sick list... sorry to report pain returned, (but isn't worse) following gentle run, will now puzzle over how to speed healing - I notice someone in US called Billow is recommending Glucosamine with Chondroitin - any ideas chaps and chapesses?

Couldn't remember McGarickle or would have bought the cd last night on spec, was exploring Virgin at Picaddilly at midnight, looked under modern jazz and was surprised to see Norah Jones and Eva Cassidy...

Made a prat of myself asking about AKUS 'cos had a senior moment and couldn't remember the name (knew I liked the sound from R2) - but the guy was cool about it (see how vocab changes after a trip stateside).

Also bought Jusse Bjorloing in Il Trovatore, but haven't played that yet today.
  • Options
    HW - v. sorry to hear that the pain returned. I take glucosamine - 1,500mg daily. The balance of opinion seems to be that it is good for joints. At www.zipvit.co.uk it's only about £15 for a year's supply, so it could be worth a try.

BO - G'morning :)
  • Options
    Hiya,
    A chimp writes,
    Half mile Girl... LOL.... no
    it's Half MARATHON Girl!
    I know u were just kidding, right?

Wee piglet, I am glad your leg is better.I bet you couldn't wait to go back Trot, trot, trot, trot.... with no crutches :)
  • Options
    Cheers Wee P, always knew I was better off swallowing the stuff (down Chimp) than admiring from a distance, right now I'll try anything that might work (don't let V-rap hear that) :-)
  • Options
    I knew 1/2M girl. Just teasing!!

Nice to see you back BTW.
  • Options
    Brief good morning visit.
    Everard. Had hoped to be back by 10ish but thanks for trying.

Helen W.
    Will swap classical CD news next week if you wish. Got two Eva Cassidy CDs but don't find them exciting. Sort of wallpaper music really.

Sph. Do you intend becoming full m. girl soon?

About to hit the M25/M40. Move over you guys.
    JJ