Options

Over 60s training.

Comments

• Options
    Ceal

Pussy said that she would be away from Cornwall when I was ther, but I don't know when she is due back.

EBF was sweet and gentle today.

Bullfinch
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Bullfinch, you are right, I had forgotten that, maybe she is away for two weeks and then we all know what it's like when one gets back from holiday, all those things to catch up on.

So what did you slip in her food to make EBF so gentle? She must be getting used to you and being ridden regularly must help, says me, who has no idea what she is talking about!
  • Options
    Howdy

Back from gym

2 miles on treddie 0 to 8.4km per hour in 25 minutes (gradually)

2 circuits of weights

5 minutes (fit test) bike it measures your heart rate tells you to pedal faster or pedal slower with hills and i mean hills too

2000 metres on rower

i think that was enough

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    That sounds quite a session Gemini! How long were you in the gym for? I HATE hills on a bike more than hills running, much more!
  • Options
    BF a great run well done, you to Geminin.

No run this morning but am planning to go this evening!

Cass had her first trip to the vets today. The kids went back to school but not til 11.00!?!

By the time I had done Tesco shop, put it away and had lunch Cass was awake again so I have done NO work today! I hope we get into a routine soon!

Have skimmed the thread but have probably not noticed what peeps are doing so :

I hope you are all ok, JJ 3.9999 thasts good.
    Benz hope you have improved since your last post, hugs.
    Ceal are you tapering for a run?

Bye for now, ogg on the school run.
  • Options
    ok meant off on the school run obviously!

typing bit dodgy today!
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Maggie,I see that Cass is already costing you mega bucks, ie the visit to the vets! I hope you manage to fit in a run this pm. in the end you have to be a little bit selfish, set a time, tell everybody you are doing it at that time, and then just go at the apointed time! Easier said than done I know. Yes I am tapering for a half marathon a week on Sunday. Although the speed session did not feel like a taper, but from now on it is.
  • Options
    Pam. That sounds quite a session. Rather you than me.

Ceal. EBF will get used to me but the fitter he gets by being ridden, the harder he will be to control. When you think that, when race fit, he can average 30 mph over 3 miles and jump 20 fences, there is a huge amount of power in his frame.

I think I just frightened myself.

Bullfinch
  • Options
    I think you frightened me too! :o)
  • Options
    Ceal

was in gym for about 1 hr 20 minutes

Its enough for now
  • Options
    Peeps!!!

I saw a very interesting race today. It is the Ropsley RAID 15 offroad run. Anyone up for it then??? I think I will be doing it as it sounds lovely.

I posted in the Events thread and had a positive answer.

Ceal, I did all the machines but concentrated on arms.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Spud, what is the Ropsley Raid 15 off road run?
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    BF, you frightened me too, enjoy and be careful, it's a long way down. Now I sound just like my parents!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ceal, I found it in the online race entry. Page 7.

Well, I did it. I am in.Used the online service.No regrets...I think.

If you go to their website there are some photographs.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Spud you have obviously been searching the web today, now you have the computer back to yourself.

Yes it looks a very interesting race that I am sure in time it will become very popular. Going on the last two years a very small field, which in itself is very attractive. The times were not especially fast, except for a handful, another attraction. But I am not sure, where I will be living at that particular time. It would not be out of the way from here to Grantham, but how long will it take you to travel there? I am being very negative aren't I. But that negativity is expressed towards my own cirumstances not yours. I am not so keen on racing when it is cold, but, hey, Decamber need not be too cold. I will certainly bear it in mind and it looks like one can enter later on perhaps as it is not as yet a hugely supported race.
  • Options
    Hiya Peeps

Sorry to hear about yer gloomy meeting JJ, meetings I take are short affairs too, 1 hour max

hope everyone is well
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ on behalf of Spud, Ropsley is near Grantham, Lincs.

Have you purchased your neoprene knee wrap yet, sounds good! Is your appointment with the knee investigator at 4.00 tomorrow?

Sorry to hear you were subjected to a long meeting, yawns are heard from ceal at such a prospect. You may be surprised to hear from my long postings that I have very little to say at meetings, I just want them over as soon as poss.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Hi DD, I hope your day went well. Are you running tomorrow?
  • Options
    Hi peeps,
    Sorry I missed you Bullfinch.Hope you enjoyed the good weather. Have been in France for two weeks. Sailed my little boat across with three other ladies. Needless to say we had our adventures! Penzance to L'Abervrac'h in Brittany (a 26 hour crossing). After a few days we sailed up to Roscoff and then to Morlaix where we locked into the centre of the town and generally had a riotous time. Then back to hubbies - taking 30 hours to cross La Manche and all the horrible shipping lanes. Had a great time but no running. Now I have to get back to it. First race is pencilled in for Sunday October 16th - a 10K. Not my favourite distance. Have to run too fast.

Anyway, I have not read all your chatter I'm afraid. If I have missed anything vital I am sure you will update me. Nice to chat to you all. And nice to be able to chat in English again!

A bientot (without the accents)

Pussy
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Hello Pussy, I was only wondering your whereabouts this afternoon, BF reminded me that you were away. I was getting worried.

I have a half marathon in Wales a week on sunday, so started to taper. Had two weeks out with small tear in calf muscle, otherwise fine. I will leave everyone else to fill you in with their news.

Really lovely to have you back again. good luck with your return to running. I expect it will take a couple of weeks and then you will be back to normal. Ce xx
  • Options
    Welcome home Pussy. I enjoyed Cornwall very much. We were about 5 miles from St. Columb Major, near the disused airfield at St. Eval.

Bullfinch
  • Options
    Bonsoir matelot. Ca va?

Ceal
    Knee dentist is at 4.00 tomorrow. I bought the knee support thingy which is OK for a while then it gets a bit uncomfortable behind the knee where it creases into folds.
    I not a great believer in too much use of supports if it can be avoided. I think joints get used to the support and react if it's taken away so you end up with a permanent need.
    JJ
  • Options
    Spud.
    Sounds like a fun event??????
    You're only going for the cold hose down at the end.
    JJ
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ I agree with you about supports. I tried the said support for tennis so I know what you mean by the rubbing behind the knee. I think these ideas are dreamed up by people who have never used them. However, it may help just in the short time, to let the knee continue to heal without having the stress of running. At worst you will end up with a sore place behind the knee. I wonder if it would help to vaseline the area that rubs. Oh dear that does not sound too good!!!!! But you know what I mean.
  • Options
    I just have to bow to your superior knowledge of these things young lady.
    :-))
    JJ
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    'Night JJ {{*_*}} ce xx

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Goodnight Peeps,

I am about to watch the second half of " The full Monty" ITV1, in bed, which is continued after the news. However many times I see it, I still enjoy it.
  • Options
    Good film. Enjoy.
    JJ