Options

MODERATLEY ANNOYED, but not too annoyed thread

Comments

• Options

It did look like stupendous fun that Han. 

• Options

It was Alex, until it got cancelled image

Fighting with the terrain, fighting with the elements, a real adventure and test of ones fitness... I was so enjoying that! I had not realised it is one of the toughest running events in the country, if not the world mind you... so I must be quite tough then?

Anyways, I went over on my ankle and it is still sore, so no running for me this week... and no racing... and I was hoping to do quite well this Saturday on a 5 mile fell race image But I have to be sensible, or the ankle will take forever to heal!

• Options

I am moderately full of yoghurt and hery westons vintage cider image

• Options
    Sounds good! I had a pizza, but forgot it in the oven so it was a bit charred... image
  • Options

I too had a pizza ...... strange !

• Options
    I have now been back to waitrose and have aquired deserts, whihc annoyingly I forgot to buy when I was there last night! Hmmm, Rachel's organic greek yoghurt wityh honey tonight!
  • Options

Alex - steady on, you'll be having pizza next Sunday as well. Don't want to over do it (says he who will have two pizzas next Sunday).

How about this for the ultimate annoyance... I was feeling under the weather at work yesterday, and decided what I really needed was a chocomilk. I haven't had one yet from my new workplace because it costs a whole 20p. So I paid my money, and watched as the chocolate was sprayed everywhere but in the cup (narrowly missing me), leaving me with just a cup of hot watery milk. I was so annoyed I had to go and buy some Dairy Milk.

• Options

Nearly SVT

Moderately annoyed that a certain high street banking group had agreed X amount of funding for me in Dec just before xmas. El bank manager said all I had to do was to come in and sign, it was all sorted. Asked him if I needed to sign in dec or would start of jan be ok and he said yes. Phoned him up in jan and he said er... we want to get the property revalued. Now valuer has sliced X/4 off value, now, if that is not annoying enough manager who said that all he needed to do it was the revaluation has now had to send off to head office in Birmingham to get approval. Has today told me there is an 80% chance of it being approved and has also told me that the banks lending policies 'changed dramatically rigth at the end of dec'.

Not fair. Not fair at all. If they want to change theirpolicy they should not change it for deals that have already been approved.

Now I am completing on another property on Fri and won't know until after whether I now have the funds to do what I need to do to it. A right pain in the arse.

Bloody credit crunch image

And it's raining today image

• Options

But it's stopped now.

And I'm coming to Wales tomorrow and will bring the better weatehr with me.

Agreed, it's not right of them to do that, but I think there are a lot of bankers more worried about bad debts than meeting their promises at the moment.

• Options

I am moderately annoyed that my cat peed, not only IN my handbag....but on one of my running shoes as well.  Bloody cats have a cat flap AND a litter tray - why do they need my belongings as well!?

Am also moderately annoyed with the army cadets (I'm an instructor, not a cadet!)...they are insisting that I attend the March camp but that falls on the weekend of the asics 1/2 marathon - which i've signed up for!  No chance I'm missing that!

• Options

Two fairly irksome things there HC. I would be reachng for the kettle if I were you.

To add to my woes, said banking group now want base + 2.87% whereas they were lending at base + 1.4. What is even worse, yeo valley apricot yoghurts are now £1.96 in sommerfield, a jump of 36p and 56p since this time last year image

SVT, is it dowlais ?

• Options

I think that cat is quite clever to get it in the handbag 

• Options

Honestly, if it wasn't MY handbag I think I would be slightly impressed.  Sadly, it was mine so it is more irritating than impressive image

• Options

Well, after months of being no more than mildly irked by a range of events/people, I have to confess that I am now thoroughly, totally, right royally PISSED OFF.

...by this fecking awful pissing rain. image

• Options
    We need tea and biscuits. NOW, DAMMIT!
  • Options

A sit-down and a nice cup of tea image

• Options
    And the world is moderately okay again. image
  • Options

Gosh, not much annoyance going on in here thse days...

Well, I am moderately annoyed at the lack of activity on this thread, as I happen to like you guys and I am missing you image

• Options

Funnily enough, I was just thinking about the upcoming Slog, and how that's when I first met ST, and how this thread has been pretty inactive, and I almost got a teeny bit cross.

Missing you too Hann! How goes it?

I have Beachy Head at the weekend and a recent cold is trying to reappear, so that's a little irritating. Tea and chocolate are in order.

• Options

Indeed! < hands chocolate to SVT >

I still have never done the Slog... even though I really like mud, so that makes me a teensy bit annoyed.

Things are well SVT, been riding my bike all summer, after rather a nasty injury sustained during last years OMM had me off running for 7 months... which was mnoderatley annoying until I discovered how great it is to ride and race a bike image

Back to running now, as I have Everest Marathon on 4 December image

I hope you can keep that cold away and good luck at Beachy!

• Options

I am moderately annoyed with myself for being a clumsy doofus and falling down a hill at last weeks club session. Now my right arm is sore and my left knee refuses to bend and everyone is out running, getting good times or PBs and I can't even get up the stairs in a satisfactory time.... image

But I'll get better and it's not life threatening so I'm only moderately annoyed. image

Actually, I have just realised, I need tea and the kettle is downstairs!

Right, I really am quite annoyed now..... image

Grrrrr!

• Options

I'm a tad miffed that I have to cover the factory shop again tomorrow.

Slightly more put out that I'll have to repeat my treatment in November.

• Options
    Oh dear, what have I done... now everyone is getting annoyed image

< puts on kettle for a cuppa for small and starts boiling milk for hot chocolate >
  • Options

<proffers mug> image

Poor Kwilts image

Are you really running up Everest then, Hanneke? That's impressive!

• Options
    Small, not quite running up. We trek up over three weeks to Everest old basecamp at Gorak Shep, then we run from there to Namche Bazar. Still, it is going to be pretty tough and I am moderately annoyed that my training isn't shaping up as well as it should... image
  • Options

It sounds fabulous though! I'm sure you'll do better than you thought when the time comes.

I managed to climb the stairs using both legs today......... still doesn't feel right after a week but it's a step in the right direction - geddit! image So I'm moderatley annoyed that I can't go out running in the woods in this beautiful autumnal sunshine image

I'll put the kettle on, shall I? image