Options

MODERATLEY ANNOYED, but not too annoyed thread

Comments

• Options

Ooooh, I too would be a bit miffed. That is an assault is it not ? Did you get his reg ?

Anyway, I too have been miffed a bit of late. Just too much to do and all that. Have been bad tempered and irritable. People just get on my nerves.
  • Options

And the blimmin internet round here is playing up. Humph !
  • Options

Well, I can't believe that in the last year, there have been no incidences of miffedness, mildly hacked-offness, peevishness etc! Have we all become so mellow that nothing annoys us any more?

• Options

Or are we all angry to the point of psychotic? imageimage

I'm a little miffed that, having left the brewery and returned to my original employer, we immediately moved offices. This meant a change of vending machines and the demise of our thread's non-alcoholic drink sponsor, chocomilk. Okay, so the new machine has some very nice Galaxy hot chocolate sachets and Mars toppings, but it makes me so mad. So mad, in fact, that sometimes I have to walk all the way to the kitchen and make myself a cuppa just to calm down. Grrr.

• Options

Chocomilk is the drink of choice for (many) people on this thread to bring them down from their state of gentle annoyance, kk: image

Hello, SVT - sorry to read your tale of vending machine angst. How very inconsiderate of your employers! You are right to be mildly hacked off.

• Options
    ...or is it the concept of non-alcoholic that you are struggling with, kk? image
  • Options
    I'm now mildly annoyed at the fact that the vending machine only does non-alcoholic drinks.  This is slightly offset by the knowledge that the free bar at my last workplace was closed down a couple of months after I left.
  • Options

"Or are we all angry to the point of psychotic?" - I have been fuming at the ears on times. 

Now have a particularly strenuous month with loads to do and loads of challenges, some the result of other peoples uselessness. Strewth !

Defo a chocomilk for me this afternoon, I both need and deserve it.

SVT, It must be ever so very slightly irritating those vending machine blues, I share your slight annoyance.

Now, ST, are you about on the 11th March. I am passing and hoping to visit (en-route to Yarmouth), other than that maybe Sun 13th or Mon 14th ? Will have 'wa' in tow, it will be a proper expedition for the two of us.

• Options

Welsh Alex! <mwah>

I am indeed about on the 11th March and at home all day, so anytime will be good for me. It will be good to see you and the youngster image

• Options

Sortio ! I'll get my but up the M4 asap then. Lunch is on me image
  • Options

'Twill be lovely to see you, Mr WAimage

I am mildly put out that, after getting excited about the fact that it was properly daylight when I left the house this morning at half six, it was also fecking freezing!!

Is it acceptable to be miffed at the weathe? I ask the thread collective.

• Options

Weather is a prime cause of light levels of annoyance, so yes, and it was cold here too this morning. Just done some rowing so nice and warm now.

Onward and upward ... a day of minor furstration awaits.

• Options

I feel vindicated image

How is your home gym, Welsh Alex? I went to our local one this morning - it'sonly five minutes away, so not too bad. Have been doing a bootcamp three mornings a week for the past four weeks and it's been brilliant image

• Options
    Whilst slightly cold here (Somerset today), my car was parked in a sheltered location at the hotel so no ice. But yes, the weather can lead to mild annoyance, definitely.
  • Options
    I am slightly annoyed that the drink machine has broken down again, the third time in 2 weeks, for a minimum of 2 days each time, and it was hardly what you'd call reliable prior to that. Just replace the fecking thing - must be cheaper than continually calling out the repair man.
  • Options
    Oooh, an entirely valid gripe, BOTF - in fact, given the regularity of this irritating event, you would be entirely justified in becoming pretty hacked off!
  • Options
    It does mean I have to walk an extra 30 yards to the next nearest tea point, which is bad enough, but what makes it worse is that the hot water in this 2nd machine is just not quite hot enough to make a decent brew, whilst in the usual machine it just about is. And of course we can't have a kettle because of health and safety issues, despite the fact that 99% of homes in the country have one and seem to have managed for many years not to all scald themselves on a regular basis.
  • Options

H&S matters deserve a full-blown, vein-throbbing-in-neck, rant, in my opionion. How we managed to grow up to be adults is a total mystery, given that we have lived with kettles, exposure to germs, ice slides in the playground and walking to school is a total mystery.

<breathes>

• Options

Dear Ellie the Greyhound

You have a dogflap so have easy access to the garden, and you spend many happy hours out there doing things that greyhounds do (mostly sleeping). So why do you feel the need to come inside and find me whenever you want to fart?

• Options

I am more than a touch irritated that I said "is a total mystery" twice in my previous post, thus rendering it less than grammatically perfect and thereby causing much aggravation to my pedantry gene.....

• Options
  • Options

<blows steam from ears !>
  • Options
    smatta, Welshie?
  • Options

That sounds close to boiling point. Talking of which, anyone want a cuppa?

I'm a bit miffed at the M1 roadworks and reduced speed limit from J13 to J10. Well, I was yesterday. And I will be tomorrow.

• Options

I could do with one.

Better not type it all out here really. I'll email you ST. Nothing earth-shattering but just bloody irritating but since it does involve my meddling parents I'd best not post the whole shebang.
  • Options

<pours chocomilk for WA and SVT>

Oh dear, WA - email received and replied to. image

• Options

And I would've gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling parents...

(Not mine, they're generally okay, and down from Scotland for a few days.)

• Options

image indeed.

The crux of it SVT is they invited themselves on the trip. Trip now abandoned. I would rather bash my gonads with a mallet for a week than drive 7 hours to Yarmouth (at an excruciating but economical 57 mph) whilst savouring an atmosphere that one could cut with a knife.
  • Options

Well, what a long time without anyone being peeved! image

I myself have been somewhat more than miffed by stuff that's happened this year, none of which will be recorded here. However, I do want to set down my mild annoyance with Santander messing up where to send my new debit card. No, I don't want to travel to Croydon to collect it. I asked you to send it to my home. So why did you write to me again to say it was waiting at Croydon? And why can't you just send it to my home address now instead of to a branch in my town? Call yourselves a bank?

Pah!