Comments

• Options

Is it too early for Prosecco ST?

Coffee perhaps? With nice frothy milk?

• Options

It's never too early for Prosecco in my virtual world, Hanneke image

<holds out glass - again!>

• Options
    I am more than moderately annoyed on behalf of the man posting brochures who just lost a finger to a chav scum neighbour's dogs.
  • Options
    i am so very annoyed by our local hoodrats who think it is fun to beat up anyone (young/old male/female) whilst they are walking home from a night out
  • Options
    I am more than moderately impressed though with the speed of the ambulance in getting here. It's a shame the finger was not to be seen outside the house. I don't normally wish ill on animals but I hope the dogs choke on it.
  • Options

Dogs who taste human blood should be executed! i.e. put down image

Sounds absolutely appalling SVT image

• Options
    Poor bloke kept apologising to us who were helping him.
  • Options

Oh that's shocking! Poor man - I hope they can do something about his finger.

Blimming badly trained dogs - what with Loon getting bitten yesterday and now this......

Are we turning into Grumpy Old People, do you think? 

• Options

Copied and pasted, but this seems like an apt thread to post it again:

Race entry: £20
    Hotel: £29
    Petrol: around £30
    Extra food and drinks for the journey (and spectator): £10
    Time off work: 1 day annual leave
    Organising babysitting cover, with family having the kids for tea then other family staying over at our house for the weekend: lots of brownie points
    The first round of drinks of the evening: £2.99
    Typing this post from home, because the only door we'd left a key to was bolted on the inside, meaning the kids had no clothing, bedding, food or asthma inhaler so we had to come back and miss the whole thing:

Absolutley *$%"ing priceless.

But it could be worse - I have all my fingers at least.

• Options
    Hanneke, you have mail re spare place for Sodbury Slog!!!
  • Options
    I didn't apply for a place this year because I've had a string of injuries and didn't want to waste more money on races I might not get to do.  Now I'm close to 100% recovered and I really want to do it.  If you hear of any other places going peeps ....
  • Options
    Parklife, there is a place going - look on the SLog thread.
  • Options
    Thanks Sweetie!
  • Options

Slog for everyone! This calls for Krug.

(I don't have any, but I did come back from work with 4 cans of bitter, 3 bottles of lager and 4 bottles of ale. If that would suffice.)

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Am moderately annoyed at porsche driver who tried to polish the side of my bike while I was riding it this evening. Only moderately because I sailed past him seconds later, smiling sweetly and he saw me looking at him. He never had a chance to catch up in all that traffic image
  • Options

More than moderately annoyed that I can't do the Slog...

I need all that beer SVT image and then some Krug!

• Options

I am moderately annoyed that you can't do the slog Han. I am also moderately annoyed that I don't have enough time to train twice a day of late, and that we have signed the Lisbon treaty.

Sorry, scrub that last one. I am very annoyed about that.

<fume !>
  • Options

Alex! Good to see you...

I am more than moderately annoyed that a driver in a big BMW X5 hit my car on saturday... not only is it probably a write off, but I also have developed an excruciating pain in my left shoulder... No idea what it is, but probably jarred it in the impact... Thought I was ok image

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And I am leaving for Nepal to trek t Everest Basecamp to run the Everest marathon in less than two weeks GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR < FUMES >

• Options

Well, Hann, I think you should probably be more than moderately annoyed, but in fact extremely hacked off!!

Hope you recover quickly and that it doesn't spoil your big adventure in two weeks' time.

I am a bit peeved that I had two glasses of wine over a four hour period last night and still woke up with a slight headache. How can this be?

• Options
    Hanneke wrote (see)

I am more than moderately annoyed that a driver in a big BMW X5 hit my car on saturday... not only is it probably a write off, but I also have developed an excruciating pain in my left shoulder... No idea what it is, but probably jarred it in the impact... Thought I was ok image

Claim, claim, claim!  You'll get thousands!

I'm extremely annoyed that I'm still injured after 9 weeks!!! imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

9 Weeks ? I'd be a bit miffed about that.

And Han, good luck on Everest, be sure to tell us how it went.

ST - temperance young lady, temperance.
  • Options

WA, I forgive your implied slur because you called me "young lady"

• Options

BMW x5 ?!

one of these wrote my vw polo off! I was at a big island. When car infront entered the island proper I moved forward upto the line. Wham! straight into the back of me. This tiny, elderly person jumped down from form the bm' & apologised. Back of my car had caved in but (no exageration) there wasn't even a scratch on the x5, which really pis$ed me off.

• Options

Yeah, same here... the BMW hardly had a scratch on it... and my whole front of the car is crumpled up... Miffed, because I still have not heard from the insurers and was supposed to get a courtesy car or rental car on MOnday... Have been without transport now for 4 days... It is getting to the stage where I can no longer be cancelling evening teaching sessions, or I will run out of money fast image

• Options

Got your car sorted yet ?
  • Options

I missed this - most miffworthy, Han.

Too late for chocomilk?

• Options

For you or for Han SVT ?

I was most miffed today at boiler problems. Ordered a replacement to do a direct swap and got sent nearly but not exactly the right boiler. We didn't find this out till after 5 so ended up having a big job rather than a twenty minute one.

Humph !
  • Options

HUMPF indeed young Alex!

< passes chocomilk >

I am a lot less annoyed, as I have managed to convince the insurers not to write off my car, so it is now being repaired and will be ready waiting for me when I come back from nepal...

Shoulder still sore but a lot less so after my lovely sports masseur (who conveniently is also very sexy image) gave it a good going over yesterday, after he had done my legs in preparation for my trip.

If any of you feel inclined to help the Nepali people adapt and work with rather than suffer from the effects of climate change, maybe you'd wish to have a look at my charities website and even donate a modest sum?

I am looking to raise the missing £4,750 odd pounds out of a total of £20,000 needed to get the next project up and running. I hasten to emphasise that everyone who works for the Galcier Trust does this completely voluntarily and it was my own initiative to use my running the Everest marathon to raise the Glacier Trust's profile... http://www.theglaciertrust.org

• Options

Well, after a long period of apparent calm and non-miffedness, I return to this thread to report that I am more than a trifle irritated by the driver who deliberately drove at speed through the mahoosive puddle in the road, just as I was running past, thereby drenching me, quite literally, from head to toe.

There then followed much dramatic  arm gesturing and jumping up and down, accompanied by some heavy duty swearing  - who'd have thought my sweet little mouth could utter such profanities??