Options

MODERATLEY ANNOYED, but not too annoyed thread

Comments

• Options

I have eaten a doner kebab for the first time in 15 years and I wasn't drunk. It is now sitting in my stomach like some sort of lead weight. I am a little put out that I did not have more sense at the time, but there was a special offer on, buy a doner and get chips for free. Needless to say I have had my chips.

Anyway, kettle is on, time for a horlicks.
  • Options
    I have spent the last 40 minutes massaging my partners neck and back, hoping this would lead onto something else .................... it did for her ................. she fell asleep!

I am left feeling slightly put out.

Grab me a horlicks ;-)
  • Options
    At least you had the chance to try to lead to something....as I am at work till 07:30, they would frown if I tried that here!
  • Options
    sleepily drove home from work, but from force of habit, went to my old flat I shared with my ex. I was just about there before I realised, and went home.

have done it before, which made me really annoyed, now it just makes me sad.

:(
  • Options
    I used to do that when I first moved house.
    Mildly annoying indeed, don't let it make you sad though!

Have a hot chocolate to cheer you up

:0)
  • Options
    (gratefully accepts mug of warm chocolatey loveliness)

ty JARS :) feel better already.
  • Options
    Goodo!!!

..off to watch son play football, and undoubtedly loose ( they are spectacularly bad)

Mildly annoying to have every Saturday morning taken up by this, but that's what it's all about I suppose

..and I have a flask of hot choc to take with us!

;0)
  • Options
    have a great time

It is not the football, it is the spending time watching your wee boy that counts.

Evry saturday afternoon I go to the football with my mate to watch a local team. I could take or leave the footie, but it is just a chance to have a blether and a beer. Quality time and all that. Could be in the shops, or in a cafe or a pub, it just so happens it's the footie.

you are doin somethin important for your kid, just so happens its footie.

off for a run along the beach, now the chocolate has warmed me through.

all the best!
  • Options

The warranty on my car expired last weekend. During this weeks rain I have noticed that the front near side fog lamp is full of water. Had my car checked at the end of the warranty but they did not notice it, I bet that was just because it had not rained for a bit. So do I just leave it and be irritated in passing every time I noice it, do I buy another one for about £90, do I go to the dealer and complain fairly but not too loudly, or do I make myself a nice cup of coffee and think about life ?

No contest really.
  • Options
    my bike box was too small, so i bought a new one. it's too big. i've got to buy lots of foam sheets, or something. that's a bit irritating.
  • Options
    ...only lost 2-0

That's almost a victory for us!

Mildly annoyed that it rained , and I had my washing on the line...but hey ho!
  • Options
    Gretna 1 Dundee 0

majorly annoyed now.

switching thread..........
  • Options
    fixed it with 3 camping roll mats, some cardboard sheets and 6 metres of bubble wrap, all of which i found in my garage. so now i'm not irritated in the slightest, and i'll bid you good day
  • Options
    An elderly driver made me reverse up the hill so he could swing into the road from the wrong angle.

I was a trifle irritated by such selfishness and when he shook his head in a patronising manner as he drove past me, as if it were my fault, I almost reached full-grown miffed stage.

But didn't.

(yes, he was driving a Rover)
  • Options
    miffed eh ST? hmm borderline ticked off there, careful..

burned myself on a kettle earlier. not a severe burn. just a mild one.
  • Options
    Oh dear, tda.

How almost annoying.
  • Options
    yes, i almost kicked the cat. almost.
  • Options
    What a good job you didn't or the cat might also have been a wee bit peeved.

And a combination of almost annoyed and wee bit peeved could be considered close to a paler shade of browned off.

Tanned off, maybe?
  • Options
    i get "tanned offW when I found your post amusing but could not think of anything remotely interesting or witty to say in response.

• Options
    I'm tanned off - just tried to print out a photo only to discover my ink cartridge is almost empty - got a grey and white photo :-p

Now I have to go all the way upstairs to get another one.
  • Options
    that's a bummer. annoying even.

only....

it's good exercise, and you might find a pound that someone has dropped on the stairs. the possibilities are endless.

so that takes the edge off the annoyingness (annoyingly tricky word to say)
  • Options
    tda and J3 - let's rise above the wave of almost hacked off and coast along on the surf of equanimity..

;-D
  • Options
    The cat has just deposited lots of black hairs on my white top.

Tsk tsk.

The odd thing is, this cat is brown and tan coloured, so just how did this happen?

Is there a phantom black cat hair thrower the same as there is a phantom diced carrot thrower lurking till someone pukes up and then whoosh! there they are with their bits of carrot....
  • Options
    the same phantom that mugs me on my way home from work, pours 15 pints of lager beer down my throat, hits me on the head and takes £40 from my pocket?

interesting theory.
  • Options
    I'm mildly ticked off that we've just sold our house today, but Mrs SVT had already agreed to go out to a concert with a friend. So I've got to wait till tomorrow night for the celebratory slap-up takeaway and champagne.

And whilst I have a large bag of my favourite chocolates (Revels) and a nice beer to keep me going tonight, they're both in the kitchen. Which means I'll have to get up. Grrrrr.
  • Options
    I'll bet you get a bit miffed with that phantom mugger, tda. I think even I, surely the essence of sweet temper, might get a little bit brassed off.

Haven't you noticed how, whenever anyone is sick, there is always carrot in it? Even if you haven't eaten any in weeks?

Curious. What other explanation could there be other than the phantom diced carrot thrower?

• Options
    Oh SVT. Don't get even mildly ticked off.

This should be a happy, happy day for you!

(although if I were denied champagne, I'd be fizzing....well, maybe not ;-D)
  • Options
    no ST it is part of my veggie conspiracy to introduce orange vegetables by stealth into everyones diets by disguising them as microchips.

once digestion has completed, the truth is revealed.

SVT - i for one, would not revel in such a task. (booo booo booooooo you twat dude, that truly was stinkin and barely a joke)
  • Options
    congrats on the house bizness by the way. you moving up to jockland now then?