Options

ING NEW YORK CITY MARATHON 2006

Comments

• Options
    ExhaustedExhausted ✭✭✭
    It's the heat Pugheaven. Did the Edinburgh Marathon on Sunday. It got up to 25 degrees, the lead woman runner, a Kenyan, dropped out with heat exhaustion at 20 miles, and everyone was dropping like flies. I don't know my own time yet, but it was around a miserable 3.32/3.33. I wanted to crawl the last four miles, which are all up a hill. Don't worry. After the thunderstorms you'll feel great again.
  • Options
    The heat is stinking here in Newcastle. And I'm Southerner by birth so I know heat.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm glad I've done my knee so all I'm doing is some swimming, light walking and some core work in the gym - although there's rarely air conditioning on there.

• Options
    Mr.RowanMr.Rowan ✭✭✭
    Charlotte Foster
    Dubai Dave
    Pugheaven 2:49:50
    Rowan Saunders 3:16:45

Any virgins can put there estimated or hopeful times by their names.
  • Options
    Charlotte Foster - I'm hoping for under 5 hours.
  • Options
    I agree about the heat, going to spend the next few days in the pool and cycling and rowing in the gym. Plan to ease back into running at the weekend.

Exhausted, well done on your time at Edinburgh - I can only dream of such times. I have a pb of 4.11 and was hoping to break 4 hours on Sunday, but found the heat terrible. I've never suffered that badly on a run before and finished in 5.08. In the end I was just happy to get to the end.

Lynne, well done on your raffle effort, I'm sure you'll hit your target.

Hoping to break 4 hours in New York. Happy running/training everyone.
  • Options
    Charlotte Foster 4:59
    Dubai Dave
    K.P 3:59
  • Options
    Daisy D 3.38
    Dubai Dave
  • Options
    Daisy D 3.38
    Dubai Dave
    Glugg, going for a good time not a fast time.
  • Options
    Daisy D 3.38
    Dubai Dave
    SlowButFar 3:59 (maybe . . . if Cardiff goes really well)
  • Options
    Daisy D 3.38
    Dubai Dave
    Mid Life Crisis 3:59
  • Options
    Mr.RowanMr.Rowan ✭✭✭
    Glugg,'go on' hazzard a time.(no pressure)
  • Options
    Charlotte Foster 4.59
    Daisy D 3.38
    Dubai Dave
    K.P. 3.59
    Pugheaven 2.49.50
    Rowan Saunders 3.16.45
    Glugg, going for a good time not a fast time
    Mid Life Crises 3.59
    Lynne Sheppard 4.50

Charlotte we seem to have swapped places. i'm a northerner by birth, born and bred in Sunderland but now live in Suffolk. How bizzare is that.

• Options
    Charlotte Foster 4.59
    Daisy D 3.38
    Dubai Dave
    K.P. 3.59
    Pugheaven 2.49.50
    Rowan Saunders 3.16.45
    Mid Life Crises 3.59
    Lynne Sheppard 4.50
  • Options
    Charlotte Foster 4.59
    Daisy D 3.38
    Dubai Dave
    K.P. 3.59
    Pugheaven 2.49.50
    Rowan Saunders 3.16.45
    Mid Life Crises 3.59
    Lynne Sheppard 4.50
    Dooda 4.07
  • Options
    Rowan. I did 3:22 at London this year, I don`t care what time I do in N.Y. I`ll be plodding around with my camera and just enjoying the day without chasing a time for a change.
  • Options
    Lynne - well done on your fundraising. I'm going to get myself to my local supermarket and shake that bucket of mine!!

I was born and bred just outside of Reading, came up to Newcastle in 1999 for university and haven't left. Apart from a year in Stoke (another university) and a year in Scarborough - job. I love it here.

Must say I'm getting really frustrated by my knee. It wasn't even a training injury which is very annoying. But I suppose I should use it to get fundraising but I just want to go running.
  • Options
    Just to make myself look aweosme, lets do it in time order ;-)
    Pugheaven 2.49.50
    Rowan Saunders 3.16.45
    Daisy D 3.38
    K.P. 3.59
    Charlotte Foster 4.59
    Mid Life Crises 3.59
    Dooda 4.07
    Lynne Sheppard 4.50
    Dubai Dave

If anyones predicted time is quicker than me, then we'll revert to Alphabetical order again rofl

• Options
    By the way, I take it alot of people are meeting up or something later on? I'm up for a beer or two... as I'm there for two weeks on honeymoon ;-)
  • Options
    I seem to have been bumped up the under 4 hours people. Really I should be nearer the bottom.

Like this

Pugheaven 2.49.50
    Rowan Saunders 3.16.45
    Daisy D 3.38
    K.P. 3.59
    Mid Life Crises 3.59
    Dooda 4.07
    Lynne Sheppard 4.50
    Charlotte Foster 4.59
    Dubai Dave

I am very much up for a few beers. I'm on the wagon (ish) until NY as part of my training.
  • Options
    a few beers sounds great, dont want to interupt the honeymoon though. you must be marrying a saint (or a runner herself) if she is combining a honeymoon with a marathon. apparantly there is a post race ball on the sunday does that mean i have to get a posh frock!
  • Options
    Beers here as well, for sure. Is there a 'British quarter' in NYC, or a favourite watering hole? (or would they be the kind of places to avoid?!)
  • Options
    Mr.RowanMr.Rowan ✭✭✭
    Glugg,I do appreciate what you are saying.My first NYM I had a disposable camera taking pictures through out the course it was amazing,It was a very warm sunny day too.I also spent too much time shopping before the race and i couldn't get enough sleep due to a jet lag I arrived on the friday.I actually woke up with a headache on marathon morning.I felt like shit and had to pop some pills.I did it in 4.17.
  • Options
    I am doing the NY marathon. Is the course PB potential? I have just done the Edinburgh in 3 08, disappointed as hoping to do 3hr. Cant complain considering the conditions, not really sure how many minutes that could have added?
  • Options
    ANDREW YATES 4:

Great time considering the weather conditions lately... knock easily 10 minutes off that ;-)

What's you half PB?
  • Options
    help, cant get my head around this new log in system is anybody still out there
  • Options
    I`m here...........but I`m not all there.
  • Options
    Hi Glugg thought we'd all been sent into hyperspace. couldnt find anyone on the new thread system, just glad i hadnt deleted all my old links, hope it stays the way it is. or am i just being a bit of a technophobe
  • Options
    Hi everyone

I will be doing New York as well for the first time!!!

This will be my third marathon since i started running seriously this year. I did London in april but unfortunately i had an unplanned intimate time kissing the tamac due to the nicely disposed piece of banana peel so i finished in 4.47 I also did the great wall of china which had great scenary but believe me I did not want to see or hear someone mention a stair case or hill for days; i did that in 6.23(honestly i found it a bit hard) So i am hoping that New York will give me that PB i have been dreaming about. i've been working hard and i know my dream could just come true.
    Pugheaven 2.49.50
    Rowan Saunders 3.16.45
    Daisy D 3.38
    flying high 3.50
    K.P. 3.59
    Mid Life Crises 3.59
    ANDREW YATES 4:
    Dooda 4.07
    Lynne Sheppard 4.50
    Charlotte Foster 4.59
    Dubai Dave
  • Options
    Welcome flying high
    that is quite an impressive list of acheivements for only a short while of serious running. My daughter and I were hoping to walk the great wall of china next year to celebrate our birthdays but it doesnt look like it will happen now. sorry to hear about your mishap in london, the brother of a friend of mine got tripped up in last years flm and the guy who tripped didnt even stop to apologise, my friends brother twisted his ankle and had to walk a lot of it, he was doing it for cancer research as their dad had died the previous year from cancer, some people can be so thoughtless sometimes.
  • Options
    Just had a look at the website, 141 days and 14 hours to go. Better start training, ouch!