Options

ROTH 2007

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks SL - an IM for practice :o)

I was thinking more along the lines of doing the Stratford Sprint just to practice transitions,, and maybe a Oly distance race 3/4 weeks before.

• Options
    Hi Ted - I'm doing an Oly on 19 May, another on 4 June, and a half-IM on 10 June. Then 2 weeks rest.

The start numbers and swim groups are not up on the site yet, but as sm said, the women (and all the pro racers) go in group 1, and the relay swimmers are in the last 2 starts. All accommodation in the area gets booked up a long time in advance so I'd start looking now if I were you. I know people who go year after year just to watch!
  • Options
    Thanks IW - think I need one other serious practice race then.

I think Bala - 2k-78.5k-20k on the 3rd June fits OK. Just a bit of a trek from London and extra expense. Lots of others going so should be good day,,,
  • Options
    The race website has an interesting article from "Macca" - Roth have him signed up to do a page every month. He is planning an assault on the world record time. I must have missed some stuff because he spoke about having been publicly dissed quite severely by both Normann Stadler and Faris Al-Sultan in Hawaii - he said they are rude and arrogant people, unlike most pro triathletes and he is looking forward very much to racing them in Hawaii again this year. Apparently Al-Sultan accused Macca of having paid others to assist him. Anyone else see/hear about this?
  • Options
    I haven't been around for a little bit...

With regret I'm having to withdraw from this year's event.

This has been due to injury (broken metatarsal) and latterly, work commitments that are seriously hampering my training schedules.

Am still hoping to salvage The Big Woody in September if any of you guys will be there.

Thanks for all your help, esp. Ironwolf.
  • Options
    I noticed you were conspicuous by your absence, SP. Sorry you've been injured and are not going to make it. I've raced Roth a month after fracturing my ankle, and LJS did it another time a bare three weeks after suffering a torn tendon through a bike accident - I have a photo of him on the bike wearing an Aircast on his leg and several bandages elsewhere. But of course we had already put in the training before getting injured.
    Don't know if we'll make TBW - I can't say until after Roth because I don't know if my damaged hip will stand up to IM any more, and if it does, I have to PB or won't get a weekend pass for September!